Page 25 of 320 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's because the Boy Scouts are an expressive organization.

    Most for profit businesses open to the public are not expressive orgs
    That is true. But nothing requires a state public accommodations law to prohibit private businesses from declining to enter into contracts with people because of their sexual orientation. That is up to the state, and I don't know what there is about Indiana's public accommodations law that makes this law--apparently an RFRA--necessary. It's not clear why Indiana could not have accomplished the same thing just by omitting sexual orientation as a prohibited basis for discrimination in public accommodations.

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    So assessing a business a bankrupting sized fine isn't force?

    Christian bakers fined up to $150,000 for refusing to bake same-sex ‘wedding’ cake
    Christian Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Wedding Found Guilty of Discrimination; Will Have to Pay Up to $150K
    Christian bakers face government wrath for refusing to make cake for gay wedding | Fox News
    Bakers Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for a Lesbian Couple Could Be Hit With a Massive Fine After Being Found Guilty of Discrimination | TheBlaze.com
    Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination

    I disagree. It's using the force associated with the barrel of the government gun stuck to the head of these christian bakers.

    Frankly, it seems, somehow, that this is government overreach and forced social engineering, rather than letting the bigotry of the past just fade away on it's own, of it's own accord.
    The business owners established their bakery in a state with laws that prohibit discrimination against LGBT. Why should they expect to break the laws of their state without suffering a penalty? They should know the rules of operating a business, and if they don't want to comply, they need to find another way to make money, same as any other business in Oregon.

    And as we saw with racism, letting "bigotry just fade away" can take centuries, and a civil war.

  3. #243
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    They have the right not to enter into a business.
    They do not have the right to discriminate in business.
    Your Orwellian doublespeak just strengthens my point

    “They have the right to do what you tell them to do.”

    "no shirt, no shoes, no service"

    that is a form of discrimination. they clearly have the right to discriminate.

  4. #244
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Your Orwellian doublespeak just strengthens my point

    “They have the right to do what you tell them to do.”

    "no shirt, no shoes, no service"

    that is a form of discrimination. they clearly have the right to discriminate.
    correct people can discriminate in general thats exactly why there is no force and i dont have a right to your service. thank you for proving your own posts wrong again.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #245
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct people can discriminate in general thats exactly why there is no force and i dont have a right to your service. thank you for proving your own posts wrong again.
    shhh. the grown-ups are talking

  6. #246
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    shhh. the grown-ups are talking
    LOL thats what i thought!
    you cant defend your failed and destroyed claims so now you resort to deflections and failed insults. Typical move when one has no honest, logical, or intelligent path to take.
    Let us know when you can back ui your failed claims, thanks
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #247
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL thats what i thought!
    you cant defend your failed and destroyed claims so now you resort to deflections and failed insults. Typical move when one has no honest, logical, or intelligent path to take.
    Let us know when you can back ui your failed claims, thanks
    facts win again
    you have said nothing new since my post 219 in this thread.

    ~flushed

  8. #248
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I am not Kramer.

    I read the article.
    Then you must be ignoring the facts contained within. No need to say more, as I won't waste my time.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #249
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no its not because those people CHOOSE to break the law and become criminals
    they forced themselves out of business

    Im a christian and i would have to be a complete moron to choose to break the law and infringe on the rights of others and think i get special treatment

    simple solution . . dont choose to break the law and become criminals

    1.1). I mean hey if you want to use some subjective definition of force the same way rape laws are force then fine but there is no force to do business with gays and thank you for posting all those links proving that.

    2.) disagree all you want, they forced themselves out, thier choice to be criminals

    3.) you can feel that way but its simply a protection of equal rights and its spreading
    1) Religious values = criminals. Hmm.
    I guess all religious fundamentalists need to move out of that state then.

    1.1). I think what you want to say is that when you open a business you are forced to do business with gays as well as other protected classes.

    2) See #1.

    3) You may see it as a just equal right measure, there is the taint of forced social engineering and domination of value system other than that you that you support. Some freedom that.

    I can just see gangs of LGBT folks hunting down any business where they feel slighted only to bring similar results.
    Stamp out those thoughts and values we disagree with.

    Harrumph.

    If diversity is such an important thing, why is it that diversity of religious beliefs and other value systems isn't? Just because?

    Frankly, it still make more sense to me the policy business policy 'we reserve the right not to server someone'.

    What's next of the legislative agenda? Forcing someone to frequent LGBT establishments? Forcing the electorate to buy something they don't want? (Oh wait, that's been done already).
    Last edited by eohrnberger; 03-26-15 at 04:38 PM.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  10. #250
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    1.)you have said nothing new since my post 219 in this thread.
    2.)~flushed
    1.)correct lol
    why would i need something new when it will be the same results, your post failing and losing to facts.
    see when people are honest, objective and talk facts and reality, new things arent needed because thats the end. new angles are needed by those trying to invent the truth or sell thier opinions and falsehoods as facts. Hence, your posts. Keep up the good fight though, the rest of us will be here living in reality. Good luck!
    2.) perfect place for the crap you posted that was destroyed by muiltiple posters.
    let us know when you have your next NEW thing so that can fail too.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •