Page 237 of 320 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2361
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,414

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I didn't that religions didn't teach that, some religions or at least leaders of some religions do teach that. But the person chooses to accept that teaching. Many people reject parts of their religion's teachings, while still maintaining the major tenets or most of them of that religion.
    Like Catholics and other Christians in name only....

    We're talking about major eternal damnation tenets.
    Last edited by WCH; 03-31-15 at 11:56 AM.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #2362
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,248

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    1.) False, that's not how the law works.
    2.) And like I stated before, feel free to post any case where RFRA was used as a successful defense in practicing discrimination on any grounds.
    3.)I'll not hold my breathe.
    1.) you keep saying that but i dont see anything that shows otherwise
    2.) all of them are not alike so thats meaningless
    3.) good move since i wont be doing something thats not needed and doesnt change the facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #2363
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Like Catholics in name only....
    Very few people accept all the tenets/beliefs of their religion. And many religions change over time. So it would be a very lonely religion if it were only those who followed it or believed it completely.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #2364
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,608
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    by definition it is
    No. It's not.

    Hey listen, I'm not in a witness chair before you, nor am I compelled to discuss things with you that you may want to, which I don't want to.

    It's a participatory discussion by both party's free will. Treating it as anything less than this both presumptuous and arrogant of you.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  5. #2365
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,414

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Very few people accept all the tenets/beliefs of their religion. And many religions change over time. So it would be a very lonely religion if it were only those who followed it or believed it completely.
    The word of God can be ignored but, it never changes.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #2366
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,248

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)No. It's not.
    2.)Hey listen, I'm not in a witness chair before you, nor am I compelled to discuss things with you that you may want to, which I don't want to.
    3.) It's a participatory discussion by both party's free will.
    4.) Treating it as anything less than this both presumptuous and arrogant of you.
    1.) yes it is, definition > the opinion qouted above
    2.) strawman that was never said
    3.) zero impact to the fact it was a dodge
    4.) another failed strawman since i didnt treat it like anything only pointed out the fact it was a dodge
    the dodge is noted, if that fact is a bothersome there is a simply solution answer or dont answer and leave it as a dodge
    Last edited by AGENT J; 03-31-15 at 12:24 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #2367
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) what citzens are in danger of that when the constitution and nondiscrimination laws already do that
    2.) no not what ever a person wants but does it in fact offer the possible ablity to illegal discriminating based on feelings and not have it be illegal any more. Yes.

    so again i ask, My rights as a christian are already fully protected by the constitution, anti-discrimination laws and many other things, if i lived in Indiana what would this bill do for me that those things dont already do?

    before the bill i couldnt illegally discriminate and violate the rights of people using gender, race, sexual orientation religion etc etc
    before the bill people couldnt illegally discriminate against me and violate my rights using gender, race, sexual orientation religion etc etc

    after the bill, now the possibility exists
    Except in Indiana you could always legally discriminate where it comes to sexual orientation. It's not a protected class there. In fact, in the majority of states it's not.

  8. #2368
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,853

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Do you wanna show where Jesus spoke about homosexuality being a sin? Was it in the same place he spoke about the abomination of eating shellfish?
    Do you wanna show where he spoke about prostitution? And yet...

    go forth...and sin no more.

    Now..we CAN absolutely show where his apostles talked about homosexuality...right?

    Sin no more. Thats the part you always forget.

  9. #2369
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,853

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    It was that wretched Hobby Lobby decision was Indiana's guiding force in feeling it was A-Otay to discriminate against people.

    Ginsburg was right when she said it would create havoc -- giving the green light for states to write RFRA's like this.

    "The court, I fear, has ventured into a minefield." she said

    Also, too: "Although the Court attempts to cabin its language to closely held corporations, its logic extends to corporations of any size, public or private. Little doubt that RFRA claims will proliferate." -Ginsburg

    Bingo, she hit it on the head.

    The HL decision specifically dealt with "closely held corporations."

    This Indiana law? Nope. Even major Corps, not in any way "closely held" are included.

    Maybe some are beginning to understand why so many people / companies / even cities and now even an entire state (Conn., for example) ( banning travel to Indiana for its state / city employees) have a problem with this law.
    No not really. I mean...we DO understand that people are really pissed off that someone dares to oppose them in their 'demands'...but other than that...nope...I dont really see why people are losing their **** over this.

  10. #2370
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,608
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes it is, definition > your opinion
    2.) strawman that was never said
    3.) zero impact to the fact it was a dodge
    4.) another failed strawman since i didnt treat it like anything only pointed out the fact it was a dodge
    the dodge is noted, if that fact bothers you you are free to answer or you are free to not answer and leave it as a dodge
    There you go again.
    Arrogant, irritating, killing off what might be a good discussion and just so full of yourself, beyond all reason to be so.
    No surprise from someone who's tag line is "I'm kind of a big deal"

    Well, guess what. You're not.

    Conversation terminated. Expect no further responses.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •