Page 230 of 320 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2291
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,066

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Interesting. Got a cite for that?
    Absolutely: Debate Politics.

  2. #2292
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 06:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,507

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I'm confused. According to you Christians in Indiana need a religious freedom law for the purpose of only practicing the parts of their religion they like. Christians in Indiana are not denying greedy people the right to purchase more crap they don't need, right? How about McMansions? Do Christian real estate agents refuse to sell people houses that people really don't need? You are telling me Indiana Christians support selling boats and vacation homes and diamond jewelry to people
    Boats, vacation homes, and jewelry are not inherently contrary to Gods will, and may perfectly well be in alignment with it. And yes, there are Christian real estate agents who attempt to perform their work in accordance with Biblical principles about money.

    Doesn't that directly contribute to the practice of envy?
    No more than having a wife or a donkey does. Envy is the sin of the envious, not the envied.

    They don't have problems doing business and/or associating with prideful people either, huh? When fat people come rolling into a Christian owned restaurant in Indiana their business will not be refused...unless they are gay fat people.
    ....no. Fat people should not be gluttons, which is not the same as being fat.

    What do you want to bet that almost all the churches that support Indiana's religious freedom law so that they can deny doing business with gay people in the Lord's name have vending machines full of sugary drinks and sugar laden snacks? Promoting and enabling gluttony for Jesus? That's OK. Right?
    those items are also not inherently gluttonous, any more than a birthday cake is.

    So we really aren't talking about the protection of a religion are we? We aren't even talking about most Christians. We are talking about a law that allows a small number of people practice pure hatred in the name of Christianity. I'd imagine most good Christians in Indiana feel raped.
    I appreciate you said that, because it demonstrates thoroughly that you have no idea what you are talking about But it is unfortunate that you lack the intellectual capacity or willingness to realize that people might disagree with you for perfectly fine reasons .
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  3. #2293
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    This law protects gays as well, such as this one:



    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1027072
    what is that hair stylist's religion, and where does it state anything about antiSSM bigots?

  4. #2294
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,774

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    and would he refuse to serve the person?
    You know the answer to that question. He wouldnt have HAD to serve that person. He told the prostitute go forth...and sin no more. He did NOT say go forth, and others should continue to pay for sex with you. Presumably, the prostitute was humbled by the love expressed to her and became converted. Therefore there would BE no service.

    Since you keep wanting to try to use Jesus and fit his example into your argument, you HAVE to actually take the whole thing into account. No...the baker would NOT have sold the cake for the gay wedding because there would have been no gay wedding. Jesus NEVER stated, accept and embrace sinful behavior.

  5. #2295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    What? More drama and histrionics from drama queens of politics? No! Say it isn't so!
    Mornin EB. Yeah the MS media and the left has played this out to deceive and lie about the law. Naturally the Democrats are making more out of it than whats there.

    Already trying to shut down the discussion while talking about ifs, ands, or buts. Some maybe's.....Well this COULD happen. This might happen.

    Here is the answer they should have been given.


    If a frog had wings.....it wouldn't hit its ass everytime it hops.

  6. #2296
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That's all well and good, but others are not held to your grandmother's understanding of her religion. The Indiana law protects the freedoms and rights of those who disagree with her
    My point from the beginning is that it really isn't the religion that demands people turn away certain business or act a certain way towards certain people or types of people, it is instead people's personal beliefs. God doesn't demand the Bible that people "shall not sell items to gays" or that they "shall not support same sex marriages". This is inferred by people. It is their interpretation of what God wants. It is a personal belief, not really a religious mandate. I just think people should accept responsibility for that rather than making excuses like "my religion demands". No, it doesn't.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #2297
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If history is a teacher, he would say "Hey!!! Dont hate on the gay guy!!!" and then he would turn to the gay guy and say "go forth...and sin no more..."
    You don't actually know that he would tell the gay guy "go forth...and sin no more...", or even if he did, what exact sin he was referring to. People simply assume, via their own personal (even if shared by others) interpretation of scriptures that Jesus did not approve of homosexuality, that God does not approve of homosexuality. It is even believed that Jesus helped a gay Roman soldier and said absolutely nothing about his being gay, in fact saying he was likely going to heaven.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #2298
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,409

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    My mother is Catholic as well, as was my grandmother. Guess who taught me that there was nothing wrong with homosexuality and that they should be allowed to marry? My mother and grandmother. My grandmother is the most devout to her faith that I have seen, having said prayers 4 hours a day, 7 days a week for as long as I knew her. (You didn't interrupt my grandmother's prayers.) Just because people have "literature" claiming something is a sin or say "my religion says" doesn't mean it isn't still their personal beliefs that lead them to do something like refusing to sell a cake for a same sex wedding.
    CINOs
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #2299
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-21-17 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,771

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's just a fact that libertarians score higher on IQ tests than liberals. Why are you so defensive over this? Did you really think an ideology that is more emotional than rational could honestly outscore an ideology that is more rational than emotional?
    LOL....the one being "defensive" is you....because the facts don't back up your claims. Sorry Charlie. Carry on.

  10. #2300
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,409

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    WRONG!

    Here's reality according to the National Education Agency....
    Maybe you would feel more comfortable living somewhere other than TX.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •