Page 156 of 320 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #1551
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,630

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Best guess is that was a homosexual pretending to be a restaurant owner, a false flag if you will. Like that black professor who trashed her own car with racial epithets painted on it and claimed it was done by racists
    LOL. Right, there are no bigots who own restaurants so this one had to be made up....

  2. #1552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    A business is going to file a suit under this law for their right to refuse service to homosexuals. They will argue that it substantially burdens their religious freedom to be made to serve homosexuals. It will be a long, expensive lawsuit with multiple appeals costing the Illinois taxpayers millions.

    It could have been avoided by adding language to clarify that aspect of the law. Such amendments were rejected. Why?

    It was already answered in the same link.



    UPDATE: Via HRC: Illinois has a public accommodation law that prohibits discrimination by sexual orientation from private businesses and government entities "that provide services to the general public." Yet, only 21 states have such accommodations. Again, why is this bill controversial? If this law permits somehow permitted a "blank check" on discrimination, which it does not, it would've happened in Indiana and elsewhere long ago, as Ace of Spades' Gabriel Malor points out.


    The position that wedding-related businesses having the right to refuse service to gay and lesbian customers based on religious grounds is popular. While a plurality of Americans support gay marriage, they also support religious protections for those who disagree as the Associated Press-Gfk poll showed in February. Though, if you head over to Gallup, you’ll find that a solid majority support gay marriage.




    Nevertheless, this silliness has forced Gov. Pence to discuss a “clarification” bill with legislators over the weekend.....snip~

  3. #1553
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,334

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, so how far does this go? Employment and housing? So if your son has a job, doing well, 12 years there, and the employer finds out he's gay and fires him. OK?
    So you support the idea of skinhead forcing a black woman to cater their party, even though she doesn't want to.

    After 12 years my son could get fired because his company downsizes, or he has a new boss who hates him, or because he smells bad, or because his services are no longer needed. People lose their jobs all the time for no particular reason.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #1554
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,630

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's difficult to argue that it's not about discriminating against gays when the people who wrote it are some of th most vocal anti-gay bigots the state.

    also when amendments to clarify that by issue were struck down by the lawmakers. If it's not about discriminating, why did they block anti-discrimination language from the bill?
    That does seem to be a relevant point. Utah (!!) came to a legislative compromise with the LGBT community and wrote in protections in employment and housing. Indiana legislators gave the finger to them and the business community.

  5. #1555
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,882

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Interesting. So when those same skinheads are throwing a party, and they demand that a black woman cater it, you'd oppose her declining the offer. If a slaughterhouse wants a Muslim owned commercial cleaning company to clean up the pig blood, you'd oppose them declining the offer.
    That's not how public accommodation laws work. How many times has this been explained to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  6. #1556
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,882

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    so you support the idea of skinhead forcing a black woman to cater their party, even though she doesn't want to.

    After 12 years my son could get fired because his company downsizes, or he has a new boss who hates him, or because he smells bad, or because his services are no longer needed. People lose their jobs all the time for no particular reason.
    not. Protected. Under. Public. Accommodation.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  7. #1557
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,334

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That's not how public accommodation laws work. How many times has this been explained to you?
    We all know what the laws are. Now why don't you let me ask the poster a question about his opinion and you just butt out? This is a discussion, not Deuce's forum.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #1558
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,882

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    We all know what the laws are. Now why don't you let me ask the poster a question about his opinion and you just butt out? This is a discussion, not Deuce's forum.
    Yea. It's a discussion so I'm allowed to call you out on your straw man. Sorry this bothers you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  9. #1559
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,334

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yea. It's a discussion so I'm allowed to call you out on your straw man. Sorry this bothers you so much.
    You can call strawmen all you want. You can scream "but but but THE LAW says" (which I mentioned dozens of pages back is typical of the arguments made), and I'll go on having a discussion with Jasper, if he's willing to, about his opinion. Now, keep on posting your troll posts for someone else who enjoys them. You bore me.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #1560
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope didnt at all, you tried to twist what was actually said and failed
    2.) the record is straight what i said and what was claimed was said were totally different
    3.) you're welcome let me know if i can help out with any other mistakes in your posts

    fact remains
    i dont know one Christian affected negatively by equal rights and nondiscrimination laws
    none, zero, nota
    You're still self contradicting, but playing a semantics game to try to get out of it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •