Page 139 of 320 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #1381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Don't you get it? They're allowed to fling feces on you, but you're not allowed to point out how filthy their words are, let alone clean yourself off. What are you, some kind of rationalist?
    I love this. I can't stand how people have been made to immediately dismiss and hate anything associated with communism without even attempting discussion.

  2. #1382
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,635

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It won't go to the SCOTUS first, if at all.. That's where the other unelected federal judges come into play.
    You mean the ones appointed by the elected officials to deliver justice and protect the constitution? Sorry, but that is better than gerrymandering and pandering politicians who are about as trustworthy as gutter rats (and then I have to apologize to the rats because some of them are more morally upstanding than a lot of big politicians).
    Wilders is a piece of gutter trash, a gutless populist who has no morality to speak of.

  3. #1383
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,787

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Churches being tax exempt was done for very good reasons. One of which I not only expected you to know, but to celebrate... It was to preserve the separation of religion and government, because with no financial dealings between the 2 of them, the government can't use their taxation power to destroy a particular church, nor can it use financial preference to curry favor, influence or buy religious support or endorsements.
    All of which proves that religion is a protected class.

    The fact that there's a "good reason" for doing so doesn't make religion any less protected.

    In addition, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 specifically lists religion as one of its' protected classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1384
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    same thing i call it when ANYBODY is assessed fines and find themselves locked in legal battles over breaking the law and or infringing on people rights

    i call it stupid people choosing to break the law

    why would i call it anythign else unless i want to be dishonest
    And what you said before is as follows:

    SO again in fact I dont know one christian in real life affected NEGATIVELY by equal rights and nondiscrimination laws,
    Is it your opinion that people are not negatively affected when they break the law?

  5. #1385
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, OK, but there are billions of people living in actual tyrannical regimes and they'd laugh if someone tried to claim that our experience is similar because businesses in the U.S. are forced to treat all customers equally, and with respect. You're trivializing the word IMO.
    And we're trying to "nip it in the bud" before we join them

  6. #1386
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    you also have the freedom and right to go to another country that affords you the right to discriminate in public accommodation commerce, if it means so much to you.
    Or you could just go to sensible states like Indiana and others that protect religious liberties

  7. #1387
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    and what would you do if that was the only 1 cake shop within 500 miles of you? or if all cake shops were owned and run by religious opponents of your life?
    etc
    Try Betty Crocker. Nobody is going to die if they don't get a cake

  8. #1388
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,120

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Business owners ought not to have to bend to every protected class. Especially ones that go against their personal faith.

    This is a backlash against the actions of unelected Federal judges who over-ride the wishes of the majority of a states voters.
    You do realize that is one of major functions of federal judges: to protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority? Thus, overriding the wishes of the majority is not necessarily over-stepping; its doing his/her job.

  9. #1389
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The equal protection clause only applies to government. Perhaps you should read the clause you're referencing before using it as your argument.
    A careful reading of the Constitution reveals that, in particular the Bill of Rights, details what government can't do to its citizens. Nothing about what citizens can or can't do to each other. The progressive concept is to use government as a weapon against the citizens to force behavior, precisely the opposite of the original Constitution

  10. #1390
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    The way I see it, why would a gay person force a fundamentalist Christian bakery to make a cake for them anyway? Who knows what they will put in that cake if one forces them to serve them. Im sure there's plenty of other willing bakeshops that can accommodate their requests- and that way they wont have to worry about whats in those cakes. If a person does discriminate, let them be known throughout the whole community and let the market decide as to whether their business gets ruined because of their bigotry, dont let the government do that.
    The reason is that the homosexual agenda has to be pushed until everyone is forced ito compliance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •