Page 11 of 320 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #101
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I am an atheist in a mixed race marriage and I think private, non-essential businesses should be able to discriminate for whatever stupid reason they want. And we have the right to publicly shame them out of business. I sure don't want a theocracy.
    People who provide essential goods and services don't have the same rights to religious beliefs?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #102
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That is exactly what is happening in America. If you want to run your business according to your Christian beliefs, you can literally be forced out of business. That form of discrimination is celebrated by liberals all across America
    You talk about discrimination as if you think it's a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post


    Rock on guys.....rock on.
    Why do you believe businesses must serve people?

    Why do you believe in slavery?

  4. #104
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,897

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Then I have to patronize businesses that don't discriminate against me. Problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I am an atheist in a mixed race marriage and I think private, non-essential businesses should be able to discriminate for whatever stupid reason they want. And we have the right to publicly shame them out of business. I sure don't want a theocracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    You know that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People acknowledges that same-sex civil marriage is a Civil Rights struggle.


    "“The mission of the NAACP has always been to ensure the political, social and economic equality of all people,” said Roslyn M. Brock, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the NAACP. “We have and will oppose efforts to codify discrimination into law.”

    “Civil marriage is a civil right and a matter of civil law. The NAACP’s support for marriage equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution and equal protection of all people.” said Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP."

    NAACP Passes Resolution in Support of Marriage Equality | NAACP



    >>>>
    That's not something they need to address and they're not a religious organization
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    That's not the issue. The issue is why. If the photographer said he was already booked, there would be no problem. If the photographer says "I can't do it because Jesus wants me to marginalize people who are born like you.", that's were the issue is.
    In neither case is there an issue. The individual backed out of a trade they didn't want to be a party to. That is entirely within their rights to do.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yes, exactly. The federal government's power to intrude on the rights of business owners in this area is very limited in scope. The only reason they have any power at all is because of some creative interpretation of the interstate commerce clause.
    I see nothing creative about ignoring half of a sentence.

  7. #107
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That is exactly what they're doing. If a business owner declines to do business for certain events based on his personal beliefs, he is punished to the point of being forced out of business. That is a discrimination of sorts that some people find acceptable
    It's not discrimination against religion because if an atheist does it, they are subjected to the same sanctions.

    What you're really whining about is that the govt doesn't discriminate in favor of the religious by granting them special rights to ignore the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #108
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    07-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,197

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Maybe, through their actions, gays have raised themselve to a new level of indecency. A bigger , more in your face sort of sin
    What actions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  9. #109
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    07-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,197

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    However, we shouldn't be allowing any government to run them out of business or fine/jail them.
    That isn't what is happening.

    When you have to make things up, you know your argument is a loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  10. #110
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    If a business owner is punished for running his business according to his personal beliefs, yes, it's discrimination, bigotry at its worst
    Loansharks and hit men agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 11 of 320 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •