Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 192

Thread: German plane intentionally crashed

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,424

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    I agree. it is scary as it is approximately what I had expected. The term I used was "pilot error", which is the same thing as far as the French government is concerned. You see, the French have a large ownership stake in Airbus Industries and the last thing they ant to admit is that the electronics need to be repaired for the A 320. A call back would be too expensive and harm sales.

    That is why I was so very unhappy that the French accepted responsibility for the inquiry. It just does not clear the air, if the conflict of interest is so strong. Nobody will ever know this way, whether the story is true and boarding the 320 will always have nervousness about it that an impartial inquiry would have allayed.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,424

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Terrible way to die. Seeing the pilot trying to break down the door while in a speedy descent the passengers definitely knew they were in trouble. But like you said, 8 minutes is an insane amount of time to be riding to your death. What the hell.
    Come off it. Dying that way is great compared to cancer.

  3. #13
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,279

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Can you imagine the terror going through those poor soul's minds ??
    I can imagine, and that's the problem. I need to stop imagining.

    My cousin's husband had a cousin (I know, sounds like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon...) who died on Pan Am 103 coming back to the states from her studies abroad. He always says the one thing that got her parents (his aunt & uncle) through it was knowing that she really couldn't possibly have known what hit her.

    These people knew they were doomed. There were children on that plane. High schoolers. FFS what kind of monster would intentionally do this?

    I truly hope they find out that he simply passed out in the cockpit and didn't do this intentionally.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #14
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,279

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Come off it. Dying that way is great compared to cancer.
    Stop.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #15
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I can imagine, and that's the problem. I need to stop imagining.

    My cousin's husband had a cousin (I know, sounds like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon...) who died on Pan Am 103 coming back to the states from her studies abroad. He always says the one thing that got her parents (his aunt & uncle) through it was knowing that she really couldn't possibly have known what hit her.

    These people knew they were doomed. There were children on that plane. High schoolers. FFS what kind of monster would intentionally do this?

    I truly hope they find out that he simply passed out in the cockpit and didn't do this intentionally.
    If he had passed out, the auto pilot would have kept them at altitude and level. Also, the co-pilot had to manually push a button in the cockpit to prevent the pilot from entering.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,890

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I can imagine, and that's the problem. I need to stop imagining.

    My cousin's husband had a cousin (I know, sounds like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon...) who died on Pan Am 103 coming back to the states from her studies abroad. He always says the one thing that got her parents (his aunt & uncle) through it was knowing that she really couldn't possibly have known what hit her.

    These people knew they were doomed. There were children on that plane. High schoolers. FFS what kind of monster would intentionally do this?

    I truly hope they find out that he simply passed out in the cockpit and didn't do this intentionally.
    I listened to an audio clip of a car crash yesterday, and that alone sent chills down my spine. Now imagine the horror of all these people, seeing the pilot trying to get into the cockpit, the plane rapidly descending, people screaming and kids crying. I guess the babies alone were blessed because they didn't know what was about to happen.
    How horrible.
    Yes, it only lasted for a few minutes, and as one member said, it is a faster way to die than dying of cancer. But that doesn't make this less horrible.
    My heart goes out to friends and families.

  7. #17
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They were debating this all on Morning Joe. They did have a guy on that cautioned before assuming it was intentional. He said that the guy left in there could have been medically incapacitated and this wasn't intentional. He also said the French are furious that this was leaked to the NY Times. But it was apparently intentional. How God awful.

    All I kept thinking about were the passengers who had to know something terrible was going on. 8 minutes is a very very very long time.
    Apparently the CP had to actively engage the aircraft's descent. [over-ride the plane's auto pilot}
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #18
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,279

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If he had passed out, the auto pilot would have kept them at altitude and level. Also, the co-pilot had to manually push a button in the cockpit to prevent the pilot from entering.
    Yes, I know. I'm trying to find something non-horrific about this story. But I know what you posted was right.

    This was intentional. They've released his name finally. I guess we're going to find out a lot about this bastard. That was something else they were discussing on Morning Joe - that the passenger list was made public a few days ago, but the names of the pilots and flight crew weren't. The guy I referred to earlier said that's unheard of, which led him to believe they knew something was amiss with one or both of those pilots, and they were already investigating and gathering their facts.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #19
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,279

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I listened to an audio clip of a car crash yesterday, and that alone sent chills down my spine. Now imagine the horror of all these people, seeing the pilot trying to get into the cockpit, the plane rapidly descending, people screaming and kids crying. I guess the babies alone were blessed because they didn't know what was about to happen.
    How horrible.
    Yes, it only lasted for a few minutes, and as one member said, it is a faster way to die than dying of cancer. But that doesn't make this less horrible.
    My heart goes out to friends and families.
    I had the same thought about the babies. Not that it makes what happened to them any better - it doesn't - but they were blissfully unaware.

    As the mother of 3 high schoolers, I just can't imagine what their parents are going through. That image would haunt me until I die.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: German plane intentionally crashed

    Naw, its Bush's fault. I can guarantee it will be glossed over.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •