Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

Thread: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Today you say he is in the Sunni camp, yesterday in the Israeli camp, tomorrow in the Iranian camp. Hope those camps have golf courses.
    Mornin WN. Well they now know how to treat him. So that shouldn't be a problem.



  2. #102
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,696

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. And Im not picking sides, either. Im for defending the US 's best interests.
    Based on what? Keeping sanctions on Iran keeps world oil prices up but allowing a nuclear Iran may raise them even more. Why is it OK to have a nuclear Pakistan but not a nuclear Iran?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Today you say he is in the Sunni camp, yesterday in the Israeli camp, tomorrow in the Iranian camp. Hope those camps have golf courses.
    I dont even golf! But I hang out with my friends drinking beers while they do.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Based on what? Keeping sanctions on Iran keeps world oil prices up but allowing a nuclear Iran may raise them even more. Why is it OK to have a nuclear Pakistan but not a nuclear Iran?
    Im not thrilled about a nuclear Pakistan either, they had to sneak around to get theirs, it certainly wasn't handed to them.
    Still, they are to an extent friendly to the US or at least not overtly hostile, can't say the same about Iran.

    And allowing Iran to cut off the red sea, and potentially the Persian gulf and therefore holding the flow of oil under siege is unacceptable not just to the US, but much of the world.

    It would be an act of war, from most of the world.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont even golf! But I hang out with my friends drinking beers while they do.
    Well that's due to you having friends.....BO is waking up and discovering. He don't have to many.

    What do you think about our Allies all saying that BO peep and his lost sheep can't be trusted?

  6. #106
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,185

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Why is it OK to have a nuclear Pakistan but not a nuclear Iran?
    All 190 nations that have signed the NPT are bound by its XI Articles regarding nuclear-weapons, nuclear-power, research, and proliferation.

    Iran signed the NPT in 1968 and is therefore bound by its XI Articles unless it withdraws as North Korea did in 2003.

    Four states - India, Israel, Pakistan, and South Sudan - never signed the NPT.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well that's due to you having friends.....BO is waking up and discovering. He don't have to many.

    What do you think about our Allies all saying that BO peep and his lost sheep can't be trusted?
    I think if they didn't already know-they are just finding out what we have known all along.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    It will be interesting to see if the Saudi's actually decide to send troops across the border, or more likely if they decide to airlift troops into Aden, and engage in ground operations. They performed very poorly the last time around and had to lean heavily in Jordanian troops to support their efforts. It's been about five years but I'm skeptical that their capabilities have improved significantly. Lack of professionalism, under strength units, and low morale have historically plagued the Saudi land arm. Though it is eminently possible that they learned their lessons and have taken pains to bring more units up to true professional standards.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I think if they didn't already know-they are just finding out what we have known all along.
    Well, I was looking at what time BO has left and when they have to deal with him. As it will be evident going forward.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Saudi Arabia Begins Air Campaign in Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the Saudi's actually decide to send troops across the border, or more likely if they decide to airlift troops into Aden, and engage in ground operations. They performed very poorly the last time around and had to lean heavily in Jordanian troops to support their efforts. It's been about five years but I'm skeptical that their capabilities have improved significantly. Lack of professionalism, under strength units, and low morale have historically plagued the Saudi land arm. Though it is eminently possible that they learned their lessons and have taken pains to bring more units up to true professional standards.
    As I understand it, one of the reasons for the naval vessels is to transport troops to the southern coast. And then the arab coalition will move towards the rebels from both sides.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •