Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 273

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

  1. #201
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It was expected... I'm just having fun pointing out his dishonesty.
    Your meltdowns are pretty funny. You still avoided showing any evidence for your claims. If you posted it, show the post #?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #202
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,731
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    5 Taliban leaders go free probably to wreak havoc and death upon us and our allies. The one we traded the 5 Taliban leaders for goes to jail. Is there any logic behind this?
    Maybe there's something in the water in DC...

    Megyn Kelly Grills State Department's Jen Psaki on Bowe Bergdahl Trade: "Was It Worth It? Absolutely" | Video | RealClearPolitics
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #203
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,731
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I agree with you also... Deserter or not, the government needed to bring back home, even if it was to face charges.

    I just disagree with what the president gave up to bring him home.
    Agreed. It was a bad deal.... and one that wasn't passed by Congress either but done on his own. That gives me pause given other "deals" that are in play right now with ME countries.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 07:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you actually got that from my post, you're really proving you don't read posts.

    I don't think you know what that means but here is the full story which you purposely omitted because it doesn't fit your narrative:

    A Timeline of Bergdahl's Army Service, Potential Charges - ABC News

    That's from 2010 MMC, it was in a widely available news source and this is how Republicans responded for 3 years:


    Lol, wait did you actually post who this report was aired by? Of course you didn't because it was an anonymous source so any question about the report's validity is in question. However, let's say for argument's sake you're right and this was a well known fact since 2010. Were all of these Republicans lying too for 4 years? Or only the Obama administration? C'man MMC, be honest and tell us who was lying and who wasn't?

    Nah I didn't purposely Omit anything .....the point was the Pentagon conducted the investigation in 2010. Nor was the point on what their conclusion was. Other than Bergdahl left his unit. Also Note those references at the Bottom of the page. I did say Wikipedia. Which also shows the dates when the videos come out and when BO started negotiating with the Taliban in and going back to 2009. Wherein The Taliban wanted 21 released and a million dollars. You didn't want to say the Repubs were in on any contact did you? Maybe Hagel, huh?




    Contacts by Taliban
    On July 18, 2009, the Taliban released a video showing the captured Bergdahl.....snip~

    In December 2009, five months after Bergdahl's disappearance, the media arm of the Taliban released a video of "a U.S. soldier captured in Afghanistan" titled "One of Their People Testified". The Taliban did not name the American, but the only U.S. soldier known to be in captivity was Bergdahl. U.S. military officials had been searching for Bergdahl, but it was not publicly known whether he was being held in Afghanistan or in neighboring Pakistan, an area off-limits to U.S. forces based in Afghanistan.[42] On December 25, another video was released showing Bergdahl in a combat uniform and helmet.[43][44][45] He described his place of birth, deployment to Afghanistan and subsequent capture, and made several statements regarding his humane treatment by his captors, contrasting this to the abuses suffered by insurgents in prisons. He finished by saying that the United States should not be involved in Afghanistan and that its presence there is akin to the Vietnam War.

    The Taliban originally demanded $1 million[46] and the release of 21 Afghan prisoners and Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani scientist convicted in a U.S. court on charges of attempted murder of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. Most of the Afghan prisoners sought were being held at Guantanamo Bay.[47][48] The Taliban later reduced its demand to six Taliban prisoners in exchange for Bergdahl's release.[49] After Taliban commander Awal Gul died of a heart attack on February 2, 2011, the demand was reduced to five Taliban prisoners.[50].....snip~

    Bowe Bergdahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    Here is the full timeline. You don't think they missed anything do you?

    National Security
    Bowe Bergdahl timeline in Afghanistan: From capture to release

    Bowe Bergdahl timeline in Afghanistan: From capture to release - The Washington Post

  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah I didn't purposely Omit anything .....the point was the Pentagon conducted the investigation in 2010. Nor was the point on what their conclusion was. Other than Bergdahl left his unit. Also Note those references at the Bottom of the page. I did say Wikipedia. Which also shows the dates when the videos come out and when BO started negotiating with the Taliban in and going back to 2009. Wherein The Taliban wanted 21 released and a million dollars. You didn't want to say the Repubs were in on any contact did you? Maybe Hagel, huh?
    I think it's clear that you refuse to acknowledge what is obvious and what your own sources show which is why you cited that snip without actually using the rest of the article. If the findings of the report have been out since 2010 what does that make everyone who repeated the claims of the administration in spite of what has - PER YOUR POST - been known since 2010? Liars and flip floppers, truth tellers? If it's liars and flip floppers then you are consistent with the timeline which states that this was all known since 2010 as per your own post. If they were deceived, then you have to believe that they didn't have access to the AP or knew anything about what you claim was a fact reported by the MSM since 2010. So which is it? I can wait all day.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,014

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah I didn't purposely Omit anything .....the point was the Pentagon conducted the investigation in 2010. Nor was the point on what their conclusion was. Other than Bergdahl left his unit. Also Note those references at the Bottom of the page. I did say Wikipedia. Which also shows the dates when the videos come out and when BO started negotiating with the Taliban in and going back to 2009. Wherein The Taliban wanted 21 released and a million dollars. You didn't want to say the Repubs were in on any contact did you? Maybe Hagel, huh?




    Contacts by Taliban
    On July 18, 2009, the Taliban released a video showing the captured Bergdahl.....snip~

    In December 2009, five months after Bergdahl's disappearance, the media arm of the Taliban released a video of "a U.S. soldier captured in Afghanistan" titled "One of Their People Testified". The Taliban did not name the American, but the only U.S. soldier known to be in captivity was Bergdahl. U.S. military officials had been searching for Bergdahl, but it was not publicly known whether he was being held in Afghanistan or in neighboring Pakistan, an area off-limits to U.S. forces based in Afghanistan.[42] On December 25, another video was released showing Bergdahl in a combat uniform and helmet.[43][44][45] He described his place of birth, deployment to Afghanistan and subsequent capture, and made several statements regarding his humane treatment by his captors, contrasting this to the abuses suffered by insurgents in prisons. He finished by saying that the United States should not be involved in Afghanistan and that its presence there is akin to the Vietnam War.

    The Taliban originally demanded $1 million[46] and the release of 21 Afghan prisoners and Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani scientist convicted in a U.S. court on charges of attempted murder of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. Most of the Afghan prisoners sought were being held at Guantanamo Bay.[47][48] The Taliban later reduced its demand to six Taliban prisoners in exchange for Bergdahl's release.[49] After Taliban commander Awal Gul died of a heart attack on February 2, 2011, the demand was reduced to five Taliban prisoners.[50].....snip~

    Bowe Bergdahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    Here is the full timeline. You don't think they missed anything do you?

    National Security
    Bowe Bergdahl timeline in Afghanistan: From capture to release

    Bowe Bergdahl timeline in Afghanistan: From capture to release - The Washington Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    Thanks for keeping us updated on the background on this case - many people, me included, were not aware of much of this information. All we knew was that he apparently deliberately made the decision to walk away from his post, which apparently is the truth. It will remain to be seen how this will be handled by all concerned.

  7. #207
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,161

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    It's fair to state Bergdahl is facing prison time, for how long is to be determined.
    Nothing can change the feckless actions this administration took for his release. Releasing five top Taliban terrorists without even notifying Congress is as about as feckless as it gets. Reports are now coming out that three of the five have been getting in contact with their previous terrorist networks. Sen. Ayotte of New Hampshire wrote a letter to the Defense Secretary asking that these men not be allowed released from custody in Qatar June 1. She expressed she did not feel this administration was doing all it could to protect our servicemen.

    Senator: Pentagon must watch Taliban swapped for Bergdahl :: WRAL.com

    The Rose Garden press conference with Bergdahl's parents, Susan Rice's comments and even Hillary Clinton is on tape claiming the Taliban 5 were not a threat.

    sssssiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhh. 592 days till the next election.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    Thanks for keeping us updated on the background on this case - many people, me included, were not aware of much of this information. All we knew was that he apparently deliberately made the decision to walk away from his post, which apparently is the truth. It will remain to be seen how this will be handled by all concerned.
    No matter how different our views are, I love how nice you are to everyone. <3
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #209
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,014

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No matter how different our views are, I love how nice you are to everyone. <3
    Greetings, Hatuey.

    Thank you! What a kind thing to say! You have no idea how much I needed that today. *BIG HUG!*

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 07:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I think it's clear that you refuse to acknowledge what is obvious and what your own sources show which is why you cited that snip without actually using the rest of the article. If the findings of the report have been out since 2010 what does that make everyone who repeated the claims of the administration in spite of what has - PER YOUR POST - been known since 2010? Liars and flip floppers, truth tellers? If it's liars and flip floppers then you are consistent with the timeline which states that this was all known since 2010 as per your own post. If they were deceived, then you have to believe that they didn't have access to the AP or knew anything about what you claim was a fact reported by the MSM since 2010. So which is it? I can wait all day.
    Yeah I know what you are trying to say oh and there is no need to wait all day. I don't lean left......so I went back to the beginning, where no Repubs had anything to say. Just BO and his Team and where all that lying and being a Hypocrite started.

    Back to the Repubs doing the same thing as the Demos. Again.....then if it we are looking at Morality and who is truly in the Right. Then it goes back to the ideologies.....and who would sell out the country first. Of course all know that tilts left.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •