Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 273

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

  1. #121
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,858
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't disagree with that.
    I agree with you also... Deserter or not, the government needed to bring back home, even if it was to face charges.

    I just disagree with what the president gave up to bring him home.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You are right, he hasn't been convicted, but I don't think there is a lot of doubt at this point that he voluntarily walked away from his unit. But like I said earlier, I don't fault Obama for trying to get the guy back. I think the way he went about it is what is causing the problems. As your quote from McCain at the beginning of this thread showed, he was not opposed to the idea of a prisoner swap. Had Obama approached Mccain with a potential deal, he might have gone along with it and be defending Obama right now.

    But if Obama wants to use his pen and his phone and go it alone, then he really cant expect a lot of support and good cheer from the legislative branch.
    If the issue is Obama not going to Congress then I can concede that Obama erred. However, it's a tempest in a teapot in the grand scheme of things. In the words of Reagan "You can't quarrel with success". Obama got it done.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #123
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    What?

    What his platoon members knew when he deserted in 2009, the US Military investigators knew.
    What the US Military investigators knew, the DOD and Pentagon knew.
    What the the DOD and Pentagon knew, President Obama knew.
    You can't really show evidence for any of this can you? First you claim that it was known that Berghdal deserted. You can't show evidence of anybody knowing the truth. Then you claim that his platoon members knew. Yet all the evidence points to them coming forward AFTER Berghdal was returned. Now, you claim that Obama knew, yet there is absolutely nothing to validate that other than... he knew, they knew everyone knew. I'll hold my breath until you come up with something tangible?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #124
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Well, hell. Let's let them all out. Maybe we can free up some goats on the next trade?
    Then you'd be complaining about US livestock being traded for soldiers.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #125
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,858
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You can't really show evidence for any of this can you? First you claim that it was known that Berghdal deserted. You can't show evidence of anybody knowing the truth. Then you claim that his platoon members knew. Yet all the evidence points to them coming forward AFTER Berghdal was returned. Now, you claim that Obama knew, yet there is absolutely nothing to validate that other than... he knew, they knew everyone knew. I'll hold my breath until you come up with something tangible?
    How's that "omitting common sense" strategy working out for you?

  6. #126
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    How's that "omitting common sense" strategy working out for you?
    I love it when you get to this point. You actually ignore your own claims and then move straight to pretending you never made them. You made claims, where is the evidence Grim17? I can wait all day for it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #127
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,166
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If the issue is Obama not going to Congress then I can concede that Obama erred. However, it's a tempest in a teapot in the grand scheme of things. In the words of Reagan "You can't quarrel with success". Obama got it done.
    Yeah, I guess Obama can claim a victory, albeit, a very hollow one. In the end cost / benefit analysis, Obama and his legendary negotiation skills (or rather lack there of), he was an easy mark for the likes of the Islamic Fundamentalists Militants.

    5 senior, hardened militant leaders for a single deserted, hardly a bargain that one should be proud of. Even at one for one, it'd still would have been a losing deal for the US.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  8. #128
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,169

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Yeah, I guess Obama can claim a victory, albeit, a very hollow one. In the end cost / benefit analysis, Obama and his legendary negotiation skills (or rather lack there of), he was an easy mark for the likes of the Islamic Fundamentalists Militants.

    5 senior, hardened militant leaders for a single deserted, hardly a bargain that one should be proud of. Even at one for one, it'd still would have been a losing deal for the US.
    You and others can attach titles to those prisoners like "senior" and "leaders," but they are meaningless. We're talking about organized groups of terrorists in which everyone is expendable and easily replaceable including the "senior" militants and "leaders" among them. Pretty much all of the "top militants" who have been killed or captured over the last 13 years were replaced by someone else in the days or weeks that followed.

  9. #129
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,858
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I love it when you get to this point. You actually ignore your own claims and then move straight to pretending you never made them. You made claims, where is the evidence Grim17? I can wait all day for it.
    I'm not running from anything, ignoring anything, or backing down from anything I have said. I happen to believe the 7 guys that served in his platoon with him, while you obviously think they are liars. Why don't you send me a link to the guys in his platoon who tell a different story?

    Only in the progressive world would someone actually claim that Obama had no knowledge of the fact that Bergdahl willfully deserted his post in the dead of night. That means you must also believe that members of his own Administration lied to him. Like I said, only in a progressive world could such stupidity and willful ignorance exist.

    This all started because you attacked republicans for criticizing Obama for the deal he made for Bergdahl, claiming they all were in favor of it before it took place.

    That sir is a lie, because none of them had all the facts.

    [I tore a liberal thread to shreads back when the trade took place, that claimed Republicans said "bring him home" before the deal, and changed there minds and opposed bringing him home after the deal was made... I proved that thread was a lie using the very statement that were made by republicans, just as I have shown your words attacking republicans to be a lie.

    You lied, fibbed, told a whopper, an untruth... You attacked those you disagree with politically based on false pretenses, in what can only be described as a lame ass attempt to carry water for our dishonest, failed president. Then you put the icing on the cake by not having the integrity to own up to your dishonesty, even when you've been caught dead to rights.

    Put simply, you're a lying disgrace... aka, just another dangerous, dishonest progressive

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Obama treated this guy like a returning hero....It seems his true color shows every day....Why can't you lefties see it?
    Because they don't like this country any better than B. Hussein Obama does.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •