Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

  1. #71
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    For people who favor policies that actually make war more likely to claim to love peace more those who believe the best way to prevent war has always been to be ready and willing to have it, if there is no alternative, is self-aggrandizing and phony.
    That's not the point. It's the opposition to wars of choice when unnecessary. Of late, Iraq would be the greatest example.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's not the point. It's the opposition to wars of choice when unnecessary. Of late, Iraq would be the greatest example.
    I don't accept that it was a "war of choice" or "unnecessary."

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    From The New York Times:

    With a negotiating deadline just two days away, Iranian officials on Sunday backed away from a critical element of a proposed nuclear agreement, saying they are no longer willing to ship their atomic fuel out of the country...

    If the fuel had been shipped to Russia, the plan called for Moscow to convert it into specialized fuel rods for the Bushehr nuclear power plant, Iran’s only commercial reactor. Once it was converted into fuel rods, it would have been extremely difficult for Iran to use the material to make a nuclear weapon.


    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/30/wo...lear-deal.html

    If, in fact, this is Iran's position, it is abundantly clear that Iran does not wish to reach a reasonable accommodation. Instead, it seeks to retain enriched fuel and rejects a solution that would provide it fuel rods for a civil nuclear energy program, as such an approach would limit the risk of weaponization.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I don't accept that it was a "war of choice" or "unnecessary."
    And I'm sure that you don't accept that the world is round. You're not alone, you have wee company, nevertheless, it was confirmed a few centuries ago.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And I'm sure that you don't accept that the world is round. You're not alone, you have wee company, nevertheless, it was confirmed a few centuries ago.
    I also don't accept your analogy.

  6. #76
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well then he would have absolutely no choice if the talks don't fall thru.....as he knows Congress will impose the sanctions. Knows all he can do is take that pen and sign it.

    We just won't be seeing any cheesy grin.
    Aren't there currently sanctions already in place? One of the key points of the deal is whether sanctions end or if they gradually decrease over time.
    ďCapitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.Ē John Maynard Keynes

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Aren't there currently sanctions already in place? One of the key points of the deal is whether sanctions end or if they gradually decrease over time.
    There are ILOR But they eased them off with the promise of these talks. Which allowed Iran to conduct business despite that their economy was tanking. BOs own team members busted them skirting the Sanctions with Turkey and their Gold for Gas Scheme and let them slide.

    Now Irans wants all sanctions off. That's even after getting busted again.....for trying to obtain parts they aren't suppose to be trying to obtain. BO backed off filing the complaint to push for this bad deal thinking he would be Historic.

  8. #78
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    There are ILOR But they eased them off with the promise of these talks. Which allowed Iran to conduct business despite that their economy was tanking. BOs own team members busted them skirting the Sanctions with Turkey and their Gold for Gas Scheme and let them slide.

    Now Irans wants all sanctions off. That's even after getting busted again.....for trying to obtain parts they aren't suppose to be trying to obtain. BO backed off filing the complaint to push for this bad deal thinking he would be Historic.
    We'll see...I'm curious to see how this deal will be different than the one the Bush administration proposed when they first took office.
    ďCapitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.Ē John Maynard Keynes

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    We'll see...I'm curious to see how this deal will be different than the one the Bush administration proposed when they first took office.
    Oh, you mean that Bush Jr wasn't able to stop Iran from enriching? That was all the while thru those UN Inspections that Iran continued on with their enriching in violation of Treaty even going into 2009? Is that what you are referring to?

    Who would you say that problem really falls upon when doing their inspections?



    Since there exists some circumstantial evidence that Iran, classified by the U.S. as a state sponsor of terrorism, may have intentions of pursuing a weapons program, the Iranian nuclear program became a major foreign policy of the United States.[28] George W. Bush has made clear that an Iranian enrichment program is unacceptable, consistently stating that the United States will not allow Iran to possess a nuclear weapon or the means to create a nuclear weapon. Accordingly, the passage of UN Security Council resolutions calling on Iran to stop enriching uranium, imposing sanctions on Iran for continuing to enrich uranium, and to tighten sanctions are seen as foreign policy successes for the Bush administration. Despite these resolutions, as of January 2009, Iran's nuclear program continued relatively unfettered, meaning that Bush's policy goal of ending Iran's enrichment was not achieved during his Presidency.....snip~

    Foreign policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #80
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Iran isnít providing needed access or information, nuclear watchdog says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh, you mean that Bush Jr wasn't able to stop Iran from enriching? That was all the while thru those UN Inspections that Iran continued on with their enriching in violation of Treaty even going into 2009? Is that what you are referring to?

    Who would you say that problem really falls upon when doing their inspections?



    Since there exists some circumstantial evidence that Iran, classified by the U.S. as a state sponsor of terrorism, may have intentions of pursuing a weapons program, the Iranian nuclear program became a major foreign policy of the United States.[28] George W. Bush has made clear that an Iranian enrichment program is unacceptable, consistently stating that the United States will not allow Iran to possess a nuclear weapon or the means to create a nuclear weapon. Accordingly, the passage of UN Security Council resolutions calling on Iran to stop enriching uranium, imposing sanctions on Iran for continuing to enrich uranium, and to tighten sanctions are seen as foreign policy successes for the Bush administration. Despite these resolutions, as of January 2009, Iran's nuclear program continued relatively unfettered, meaning that Bush's policy goal of ending Iran's enrichment was not achieved during his Presidency.....snip~

    Foreign policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This pretty much outlines my views of the current negotiations perfectly.

    We Need To Get This Iranian Nuclear Deal Done - Forbes
    ďCapitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.Ē John Maynard Keynes

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •