Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 602

Thread: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    If you think it's insane to throw someone in prison for killing another human being without just cause, then I suppose you must oppose entirely the concept of prison or any laws at all.
    If you want to throw women in prison over controlling there own bodies by aborting a fetus, you need to see a psychologist.

  2. #162
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    If you want to throw women in prison over controlling there own bodies by aborting a fetus, you need to see a psychologist.
    If you think killing your own kids is just controlling your own body, then your last statement is just you projecting.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    If you think killing your own kids is just controlling your own body, then your last statement is just you projecting.
    Wow, just..... Wow. I have no words. I won't even bother discussion with you, no wonder women are concerned for there rights.

  4. #164
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I think I need to say no more.
    Indeed, what COULD you say?

  5. #165
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post


    COBRA is only for people that have quit or lost their job. please show me where Cruz has quit or lost his job?
    it even says that in the article. now if his wife has left goldman sachs then yes she would qualify for cobra on her existing healthcare plan.
    you have no idea what you are talking about or just want to ignore facts.
    Congress and an Exemption from ‘Obamacare’?
    he has to and must purchase a plan on the exchange according to the ACA. it was passed by congress and approved by Obama himself.
    so please explain how it is a sell out on principles to do what the law says you must do.
    HE and his wife CAN USE COBRA. Probably cost a few dollar More to Maintain his Principles.
    Of course, if she worked for Goldman Sachs (and will again), a few dollars more a month is no biggie!

    AGAIN from my post:

    "...He could sign up for coverage through COBRA, the law that requires employers to offer their employees health insurance for 18 months after they quit. If Cruz is the very optimistic type, he will need coverage for 20 months — from now until the election next November. So his coverage could, theoretically leave him short.

    The other problem with COBRA: it's expensive. Typically, the employer and the employee split the price of an insurance premium. But former employees on COBRA pay the entire cost.

    Cruz could buy individual market coverage without using the exchange, although that shopping experience can be messy. Outside of the exchange, there's no central repository of health insurance plans that lets you explore different options. While Healthcare.gov did indeed have a disastrous launch, the website now is actually pretty good for comparing different plans.

    Then there's the option of not buying coverage at all and paying a fine.
    This year, the Cruz family would pay either a $1,300 penalty for 2015 ($325 each for Cruz, his wife, and his two daughters) or 2 percent of their income, whichever is greater. That's likely cheaper than buying an insurance plan but also comes with the massive downside of remaining uninsured...

    So Mr Renegade could have even gone for No coverage too and Filibustered in REAL Life.

    Man, you are Wrigid Wright-Wing Wrong on EVERY Issue.
    Last edited by mbig; 03-25-15 at 11:09 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #166
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,128

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    If you think killing your own kids is just controlling your own body, then your last statement is just you projecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Wow, just..... Wow. I have no words. I won't even bother discussion with you, no wonder women are concerned for there rights.
    Can you guys take this to the abortion sub forum please?
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Can you guys take this to the abortion sub forum please?
    Alright, but the insanity of his comments make me cringe.
    Last edited by Dovkan; 03-25-15 at 11:08 AM. Reason: y

  8. #168
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Wow, just..... Wow. I have no words. I won't even bother discussion with you, no wonder women are concerned for there rights.
    You held up Obama as a purveyor of "progress" as opposed to Cruz because of his support for "women's rights." When asked to clarify, you of course meant that you want a special privilege to kill and you want the central authority to seize more individual property.

    That sort of barbarism has been going on for thousands of years.

    Progress would be ending it. Fortuitously, there are presidential candidates who could appoint literate and moral folks to the Supreme Court, and Cruz is among them.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    The problem is you identified killing for personal gain is progress. No, it isn't. You held up Obama as a purveyor of progress because of his support for "women's rights." When asked to clarify, you of course meant that you want a special privilege to kill and you want the central authority to seize more individual property.

    That sort of barbarism has been going on for thousands of years.
    I will take another posters advice and not continue this discussion.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Ted Cruz going on Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Not that he ever had a chance to begin with...
    But his mishandling of sound bytes has now sealed his fate.

    Now that I think about it... it is quite ironic.
    Normally Liberals have the facts on their side but get slapped around by sound bytes and imaging.
    But this time it is a Republican who has facts on his side but is getting beat up by a one liner.
    I love it lol...
    Liberals RARELY have the facts on their side.

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •