Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 178 of 178

Thread: Out of Yemen, U.S. is Hobbled in Terror Fight

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The anti-west viewpoint in the arab world is based on actual history that isn't very long ago.
    Of course I don't believe that. The hatred and intolerance of the West and of Jews seen in some Muslims is rooted directly in the most orthodox Islamic texts. It is part and parcel of Islam, as fundamentalists interpret that religion. The claim that this is largely something of our own creation is convenient for people who either share these bastards' loathing of the U.S. or for some other reason don't want to resist them by force, because it suggests it is our resisting them itself that is the problem.

    I no more believe the U.S. brought the jihadism we see on itself than I believe women bring rape upon themselves by wearing short skirts. I am proud of my country, and I will never make excuses for any Islamist savage who means to harm Americans. The right response to these cruel, primitive sons of whores is to kill as many of them as possible before they can kill us, and to use any weapons we have that would do that most effectively.

  2. #172
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,207

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Of course I don't believe that. The hatred and intolerance of the West and of Jews seen in some Muslims is rooted directly in the most orthodox Islamic texts. It is part and parcel of Islam, as fundamentalists interpret that religion. The claim that this is largely something of our own creation is convenient for people who either share these bastards' loathing of the U.S. or for some other reason don't want to resist them by force, because it suggests it is our resisting them itself that is the problem.
    Or...people that genially believe that US involvement creates unintended consequences so should only be used sparingly and under extreme circumstances. I know that view isn't as easy to discount as the extreme views you seem to be attributing to people but I'm sure what I typed is much more widespread than the small minorities you seem to be talking about.

    I no more believe the U.S. brought the jihadism we see on itself than I believe women bring rape upon themselves by wearing short skirts. I am proud of my country, and I will never make excuses for any Islamist savage who means to harm Americans. The right response to these cruel, primitive sons of whores is to kill as many of them as possible before they can kill us, and to use any weapons we have that would do that most effectively.
    So apparently if you point out that US policy isn't always 100% successful and results in unintended consequences you believe women deserve to be raped, you hate America, and you make excuses for Islmaist to want to harm America?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #173
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,156

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, you're wrong.
    And you are in denial.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Gotta love the CON game... comparing our keeping petty thugs and tyrants in power overseas to short skirts on girls...

    The world watches as the biggest 'democracy' installs and maintains a series of thugs across the globe to 'secure our national interests' while the people have no one but terrorists to turn to. Little wonder there is blowback. Our government/corporate leaders prefer to deal with one long term leader than a series of governments lead by constantly changing philosophies (as many complain about democracies for that very reason)

    Far from being hobbled, what is happening and needed to happen decades ago is REGIONAL forces police their own. We are fools to take sides in the Sunni/****e riff. This Yemen thing is for the Arabs in the region to settle- Saudi interests lie in keeping ****e rebels out of Yemen AND ending Sunni radicalism. Saudis can finance the rest of an Arab League and an army to police their own.

    Course Israel won't like a militarily strong Arab League- might be time to settle their issues in the occupied territories and make a lasting peace so the Iranian financed terrorists lose popular support.

    Cons love to blame Obama for everything, but the fact is BushII showed the Arabs and the world how easily exhausted we become in anything more than an Island Adventure. BushII showed the Arabs how little we understand anyone not wearing jeans, drinking Starbucks and eating a Whopper. Time for us to stop pretending we know all and can make the world bow to our will and recast itself in our image.

    Now back to our regularly scheduled CON rants and ravings....

  5. #175
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    And you are in denial.
    That's your compliment to the thread.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Of course I don't believe that. The hatred and intolerance of the West and of Jews seen in some Muslims is rooted directly in the most orthodox Islamic texts. It is part and parcel of Islam, as fundamentalists interpret that religion. The claim that this is largely something of our own creation is convenient for people who either share these bastards' loathing of the U.S. or for some other reason don't want to resist them by force, because it suggests it is our resisting them itself that is the problem.

    I no more believe the U.S. brought the jihadism we see on itself than I believe women bring rape upon themselves by wearing short skirts. I am proud of my country, and I will never make excuses for any Islamist savage who means to harm Americans. The right response to these cruel, primitive sons of whores is to kill as many of them as possible before they can kill us, and to use any weapons we have that would do that most effectively.
    Only the radical Muslims and Dhimmis would disagree.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Only the radical Muslims and Dhimmis would disagree.
    Right--and there seen to be one hell of a lot of dhimmis in the West. All the jihadists need to do is raise their voices or wag their fingers, and these people start kowtowing. What is the point of having all the heavy weapons we have, if we are too fastidious ever to use them? I don't think they would be very useful in a place like Yemen, but why the U.S. did not bomb everything in or around Raqqa and Mosul a long time ago is beyond me. What kind of war is it, when you can very easily destroy your enemy's bridges, electric plants, sewage and telephone systems, fuel supplies, and so on, and yet after a year or more you've never even touched those things?

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Right--and there seen to be one hell of a lot of dhimmis in the West. All the jihadists need to do is raise their voices or wag their fingers, and these people start kowtowing. What is the point of having all the heavy weapons we have, if we are too fastidious ever to use them? I don't think they would be very useful in a place like Yemen, but why the U.S. did not bomb everything in or around Raqqa and Mosul a long time ago is beyond me. What kind of war is it, when you can very easily destroy your enemy's bridges, electric plants, sewage and telephone systems, fuel supplies, and so on, and yet after a year or more you've never even touched those things?
    They want to be liked rather than respected, and they end up being neither.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •