Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 178

Thread: Out of Yemen, U.S. is Hobbled in Terror Fight

  1. #161
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Indeed, comrade. The provocations from Washington have only continued. The great, peace-loving Soviet Union was constantly forced to respond to aggressive intrigues and ventures by the capitalist war lovers against world peace and brotherhood.
    I was talking about the Russian federation see!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #162
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,076

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You may have accused the Soviet Union of all that. It collapsed. What we've seen Russia doing is responding to US/Western intrigue now for a couple decades. Regardless of how you characterize it.
    From your posts in another thread, you supported the right of Russia to intervene in Ukraine ... which is a sovereign and independent state.

    It is sheer hypocrisy to castigate US hegemony and militarism while supporting Russian hegemony and militarism.

    As I plainly told you then, you can't have it both ways and I will point out such hypocrisy to you again and again whenever the issue surfaces.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You may have accused the Soviet Union of all that. It collapsed. What we've seen Russia doing is responding to US/Western intrigue now for a couple decades. Regardless of how you characterize it.
    No what we have seen since the fascist Putin has come into office is a resurgence Russian imperialistic wars of expansion, conquest, and ethnic cleansing, this is an undeniable fact.

  4. #164
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Because it was the work of Muslim jihadists who hate the United States. They also hate Jews and Israel, and western civilization in general. Muhammad Navab-Safavi, Ruhollah Khomeinei and their followers were involved in Islamist terrorism in Iran well before 1953. If I had more time, I would quote some of their stunningly violent statements callng for the faithful to shed the blood of infidels.

    Evidently you would like to blame the U.S. for the blossoming of Islamist jihad. What you are claiming is just a variation on the claim of Mr. Obama's longtime preacher, Jeremiah "God damn America" Wright, that this country brought 9/11 on itself: "America, your chickens have come home to roost." But in fact jihadists' hatred of all things secular and western, and of Jews, is rooted not in anything the West ever did to them, but in the most orthodox documents of Islam itself
    The people I blame for Islamist jihad is Islamist Jihad, I'm just not going to ignore the fact our intervention into different countries and Western countries intervention in general have definitely helped paved the way for their rise.

    I think it is because the people who call it that are either childishly naive or, more likely, hope to inflame others who are against the U.S. It's generally assumed--and has been for a very long time--that one important reason nation's maintain embassies is to collect useful information about developments in the host nation. Any country's embassy anywhere could be considered a "spy den."
    That is true, but there's no doubt that there have been some large CIA operations ran in Tehran out of that embassy, including operation Ajax

    You may choose to believe what Muslim jihadists say. I assume they are all damned liars, since their religion, at least in their literal interpretation, approves of lying to deceive infidels. The U.S. should have been giving the Islamist murderers in Teheran very good reasons to fear being overthrown, for a long time now.
    Not even sure how to answer this. You are pretty much doing exactly what you claim they do. You consider anything a lie.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 01:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    This is why Oblabla won The Nobel Peace Prize, as ever since he took office promising peace in the ME there has been chaos. But he is black so all is forgiven. Sing some Al Green prez while millions die under YOUR watch.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    From your posts in another thread, you supported the right of Russia to intervene in Ukraine ... which is a sovereign and independent state.

    It is sheer hypocrisy to castigate US hegemony and militarism while supporting Russian hegemony and militarism.

    As I plainly told you then, you can't have it both ways and I will point out such hypocrisy to you again and again whenever the issue surfaces.
    Well, first of all, then neither can you! I'll turn that back around. Excusing US military adventurism, and hegemony, would mean you'd have to excuse Russian. But I disagree with you that that's what Russia's response to US/Western intrigue in Kiev the fall of 2013 is.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #167
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    No what we have seen since the fascist Putin has come into office is a resurgence Russian imperialistic wars of expansion, conquest, and ethnic cleansing, this is an undeniable fact.
    No, you're wrong.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The people I blame for Islamist jihad is Islamist Jihad, I'm just not going to ignore the fact our intervention into different countries and Western countries intervention in general have definitely helped paved the way for their rise.
    I don't think intervention by this or any other western nation has had much to do with jihadism. But I know the claim has been a staple of anti-American propaganda for years. Various communist America-haters here used a variant of it to blame this country for 9/11. Ward Churchill, a Colorado professor, called the people murdered in the World Trade Center "little Eichmanns." By that he meant they deserved to die for the crime of helping the wicked capitalist system function, just as Adolf Eichmann helped the Nazi death camps function by making the trains that brought the victims there run efficiently.

    Mr. Obama's preacher of twenty years, Jeremiah "God Damn America" Wright, joined this shameful chorus by saying 9/11 showed America's "chickens have come home to roost." He meant that the country he hates somehow brought the worst attack since Pearl Harbor on itself. He might has well have said women are to blame for being raped because of the clothes they wear. And there were others of their ilk.

    That is true, but there's no doubt that there have been some large CIA operations ran in Tehran out of that embassy, including operation Ajax
    The Cold War was just that--a war. The allies did many extremely unpleasant things during WWII, also, including dismembering and immolating hundreds of thousands of civilians with bombs. Any complaints the regime that rules Iran may have about using embassies for covert operations rings hollow. Iran does that at least as much as other nations.

    You consider anything a lie.
    I also would have considered any claims Josef Goebbels' propaganda apparatus had put out to be lies, because I know its whole purpose was to deceive in any way that served the cause of Nazism. When a regime has proven repeatedly that it lies as a deliberate policy, there is no reason to believe any claim it makes, and good reason not to.
    Last edited by matchlight; 03-30-15 at 03:25 PM.

  9. #169
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I don't think intervention by this or any other western nation has had much to do with jihadism. But I know the claim has been a staple of anti-American propaganda for years. Various communist America-haters here used a variant of it to blame this country for 9/11. Ward Churchill, a Colorado professor, called the people murdered in the World Trade Center "little Eichmanns." By that he meant they deserved to die for the crime of helping the wicked capitalist system function, just as Adolf Eichmann helped the Nazi death camps function by making the trains that brought the victims there run efficiently. Mr. Obama's preacher of twenty years, Jeremiah "God Damn America" Wright, joined the chorus by saying 9/11 showed America's "chickens have come home to roost." And there others of their ilk.
    Oh...so anybody that believes the US staging coups or taking a direct intervention in foreign countries is anti-American? You can believe that overthrowing regimes or using a heavy hand in foreign countries doesn't have an impact and has nothing to do with the rise of Jihadism...but thinking that it does doesn't transform you to being anti-American. The anti-west viewpoint in the arab world is based on actual history that isn't very long ago. If someone helped stage a coup in the US I'm guessing that would have a large impact on your political/world views.

    The Cold War was just that--a war. The allies did many extremely unpleasant things during WWII, also, including dismembering and immolating hundreds of thousands of civilians with bombs. Any complaints the regime that rules Iran may have about using embassies for covert operations rings hollow. Iran does that at least as much as other nations.
    Sure...as I mentioned I'm not judging the actions, I'm just stating that those actions have consequences. Just because Iran does the same thing doesn't mean they wouldn't be worried about the US staging a counter coup when the Ayatollah took over, in fact, the fact they play by the same rulebook just makes them more attuned to the idea of a foreign power intervening in a foreign country.

    I also would have considered any claims Josef Goebbels' propaganda apparatus had put out to be lies, because I know its whole purpose was to deceive in any way that served the cause of Nazism. When a regime has proven repeatedly that it lies as a deliberate policy, there is no reason to believe any claim it makes, and good reason not to
    Then what government do you trust?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    This is why Oblabla won The Nobel Peace Prize, as ever since he took office promising peace in the ME there has been chaos. But he is black so all is forgiven. Sing some Al Green prez while millions die under YOUR watch.

    OBLABLA??? ..... .....

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •