Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 178

Thread: Out of Yemen, U.S. is Hobbled in Terror Fight

  1. #91
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,203

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    He was? When was he doing that? What year was that? Plus how wasn't Selah talking the same?
    Kahdaffi sending his army against rebels in Benghazi and was stating there would be no mercy. There was supposedly intel picked up that he was going to raze the city. 700,000 people live there
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Kahdaffi sending his army against rebels in Benghazi and was stating there would be no mercy. There was supposedly intel picked up that he was going to raze the city. 700,000 people live there
    Yeah, and then they said he was bombing his people. But couldn't provide any video footage. He did tell the Rebels that there would be no mercy and for those who supported them and the Muslim Brotherhood. Yet no one has any video footage of this genocide. Oh and fighting rebels was what he was doing.

  3. #93
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,203

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, and then they said he was bombing his people. But couldn't provide any video footage. He did tell the Rebels that there would be no mercy and for those who supported them and the Muslim Brotherhood. Yet no one has any video footage of this genocide. Oh and fighting rebels was what he was doing.
    The genocide was prevented by airstrikes that decimated the tanks and shot down the helicopters. So now...even taking down kahaddafi even with his history is a part of some conspiracy theory that makes Obama bad? On one hand conservatives mock "lead from behind" and the next question even participating in the overthrow in the first place?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    It's obviously not desirable no longer to have 125 members of the special forces training the forces of Yemen's nominal government to fight jihadists. But I don't see how they could have been gathering intelligence. And Djibouti is still available as a drone base, as are U.S. ships. If the U.S. wanted to kill a jihadist in Shabwa province, a Fire Scout launched from a destroyer could do the job.

    There must be locals in Yemen who can be recruited, for pay, to let us know what is going on there. I would think friendly Arab countries like Jordan or Oman might also be able to send someone who could blend in there and report back. After all, they have an interest in what is happening there, too. And obviously Saudi Arabia will have someone in Yemen watching events. This does harm the credibility of Mr. Obama's policy in the area, but how much credibility did it have to begin with?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The genocide was prevented by airstrikes that decimated the tanks and shot down the helicopters. So now...even taking down kahaddafi even with his history is a part of some conspiracy theory that makes Obama bad? On one hand conservatives mock "lead from behind" and the next question even participating in the overthrow in the first place?


    That was a misnomer.....Gadhafi had no Helicopters that he was attacking forces with. The French made that BS up. He had not received the shipment from the Russians for the order he had placed.

    They took Gadhafi out due to his plan for a United States of Africa. Which he was getting support for from those in the African League. The MB, the Saud, The French, Italians, and of course we were part of it.

    Gadhafi gave up his Nuke plans and even sent troops to Iraq.....it was a clear stab in the back to oblige the Sunni and attempt to give them control of Libya.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Out of Yemen, U.S. is Hobbled in Terror Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/23/us...ight.html?_r=0

    This is what Obama said just a few months ago.

    "This counterterrorism campaign will be waged through a steady, relentless effort to take out [the Islamic State] wherever they exist, using our air power and our support for partner forces on the ground. This strategy of taking out terrorists who threaten us, while supporting partners on the front lines, is one that we have successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years"

    It's not that Obama is just the most stupid president in US History, he is quite likely the stupidest leader of any democracy in world history. This man has blood all over his hands.
    No he doesn't, it's someone else's fault because Obama can't do anything wrong. You're racist for saying that!

    -Liberals

  7. #97
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,203

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That was a misnomer.....Gadhafi had no Helicopters that he was attacking forces with. The French made that BS up. He had not received the shipment from the Russians for the order he had placed.

    They took Gadhafi out due to his plan for a United States of Africa. Which he was getting support for from those in the African League. The MB, the Saud, The French, Italians, and of course we were part of it.

    Gadhafi gave up his Nuke plans and even sent troops to Iraq.....it was a clear stab in the back to oblige the Sunni and attempt to give them control of Libya.
    Well he definitely had tanks, artillery, and armored personnel carriers and there are plenty of pictures of them burning on the side of the road along with reporters on the ground watching the strikes take place
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That was a misnomer.....Gadhafi had no Helicopters that he was attacking forces with. The French made that BS up. He had not received the shipment from the Russians for the order he had placed.

    They took Gadhafi out due to his plan for a United States of Africa. Which he was getting support for from those in the African League. The MB, the Saud, The French, Italians, and of course we were part of it.

    Gadhafi gave up his Nuke plans and even sent troops to Iraq.....it was a clear stab in the back to oblige the Sunni and attempt to give them control of Libya.
    I can't quarrel with France. I suspect it has had a lot to do with the joint operations involving its old colonies Chad and Cameroon in the fight against Boko Haram. And that fight seems to be making progress.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well he definitely had tanks, artillery, and armored personnel carriers and there are plenty of pictures of them burning on the side of the road along with reporters on the ground watching the strikes take place
    Yes he did and when attacking rebel forces. They never showed any pics of him just bombing civilians. Moreover.....his youngest son ran all the Youth groups in Benghazi. His other son with Intelligence Forces inside Benghazi. Even the latest that came out with Hillarys emails. The Romanian hacker even showed how the MB was all involved. The Saud, and Hillary set that play in motion after getting tricked by the French in the UN. Which was when they officially declared the TNC as the ruling government of Libya. Over Gadhafi.....who was not removed from power.

    But now even here in Yemen up until yesterday BO touts Yemen as a success. A template for the rest of the world. So says Goash.



    White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest described the Obama administration's policies towards Yemen as a "template" for the rest of the world Monday, even as United States personnel evacuated the country and al Qaeda seized control of a key city.

    "The case that we have made is that Yemen did serve as a template for the kind of strategy that we would employ and have employed to mitigate the threat from extremists around the world," Earnest said when asked if President Obama still considered Yemen a model of success.

    "Ultimately our goal here is to build up the capacity of local countries so that they can assume responsibility for their own security situation," Eranest continued. "And that has both the effect of stabilizing the country so that extremists can't use it as a safe haven to plot and carry out attacks agains the west, but it also means that these countries can better provide for the security situation inside them so they aren't vulnerable to extremist actions on their own.".....snip~

    As Al Qaeda Seizes City, Obama White House Still Holds Out Yemen As "Template" - Conn Carroll

  10. #100
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,203

    Re: U.S. Flees Yemen

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes he did and when attacking rebel forces. They never showed any pics of him just bombing civilians. Moreover.....his youngest son ran all the Youth groups in Benghazi. His other son with Intelligence Forces inside Benghazi. Even the latest that came out with Hillarys emails. The Romanian hacker even showed how the MB was all involved. The Saud, and Hillary set that play in motion after getting tricked by the French in the UN. Which was when they officially declared the TNC as the ruling government of Libya. Over Gadhafi.....who was not removed from power.

    But now even here in Yemen up until yesterday BO touts Yemen as a success. A template for the rest of the world. So says Goash.



    White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest described the Obama administration's policies towards Yemen as a "template" for the rest of the world Monday, even as United States personnel evacuated the country and al Qaeda seized control of a key city.

    "The case that we have made is that Yemen did serve as a template for the kind of strategy that we would employ and have employed to mitigate the threat from extremists around the world," Earnest said when asked if President Obama still considered Yemen a model of success.

    "Ultimately our goal here is to build up the capacity of local countries so that they can assume responsibility for their own security situation," Eranest continued. "And that has both the effect of stabilizing the country so that extremists can't use it as a safe haven to plot and carry out attacks agains the west, but it also means that these countries can better provide for the security situation inside them so they aren't vulnerable to extremist actions on their own.".....snip~

    As Al Qaeda Seizes City, Obama White House Still Holds Out Yemen As "Template" - Conn Carroll
    There's only been two major strategies in the war on terror as it's only been around for two presidents. One used boots on the ground and American forces to directly involve itself in the fight against terror organizations and the Obama administration has used partnerships, drone attacks, and a much less direct involvement of ground troops.

    I personally prefer the seconds as the first hasn't exactly been a smashing success and the US has spent a lot of blood and treasure for those results.

    As for Libya, I'm not sure MMC, I remember conversations about Libya and I was against intervention, I believe you were as well, but every argument floated was based on humanitarian reasons. What exactly are you saying was the reason we deposed Gadhafi? That we were pandering to Shiite's?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •