Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 187

Thread: Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,987

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    They are, their economy is in the toilet, the bread lines are coming, someone will put a bullet in Adolf Putler's head soon enough.
    it's a silly dick measuring contest. we need to concentrate on our own country instead of jerking off while reminiscing of the cold war.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    How do you threaten Russia by drawing down your forces in the region and installing a defensive system ?



    How can NATO test Russias strength by greatly reducing its forces facing it ?



    US forces in Europe number around 15% of what they were 25 years ago so how is this threatening Russias interests ?
    I think you missed it. Nations act in their own interests. Russia perceives NATO expansion, both in adding member states as it's done 11 times in the past dozen years or so, as well as it's plans of deploying more MDS as a threat to them and they are going to act according to that. It doesn't require your understanding, watch Putin!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #83
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,335

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I think you missed it. Nations act in their own interests. Russia perceives NATO expansion, both in adding member states as it's done 11 times in the past dozen years or so, as well as it's plans of deploying more MDS as a threat to them and they are going to act according to that. It doesn't require your understanding, watch Putin!
    I see. You were given three straightforward questions to answer and managed to avoid answering any of them.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I see. You were given three straightforward questions to answer and managed to avoid answering any of them.
    What's wrong with you. I explained to you that what you and I think is irrelevant! Russia feels threatened by an ever expanding NATO, and as such they're going to respond in their interests. You can let your blood pressure elevate, allow yourself to hyperventilate, beat your chest about Russia if it improves your morale. One things certain, Russia has been very clear that they intend to push back on uni-polar hegemony, BRICS, AIIB and alliances signed back in 2001 with China are some of the measures. It is what it is flogger.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #85
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,335

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What's wrong with you. I explained to you that what you and I think is irrelevant! Russia feels threatened by an ever expanding NATO, and as such they're going to respond in their interests. You can let your blood pressure elevate, allow yourself to hyperventilate, beat your chest about Russia if it improves your morale. One things certain, Russia has been very clear that they intend to push back on uni-polar hegemony, BRICS, AIIB and alliances signed back in 2001 with China are some of the measures. It is what it is flogger.
    You are incapable and/or unwilling to answer them then ?

    Fair enough

  6. #86
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You are incapable and/or unwilling to answer them then ?

    Fair enough
    Then you're incapable of comprehension.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #87
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,335

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Then you're incapable of comprehension.
    More evasion I'm still awaiting your answers.

    I'll make it real simple. How can a nation feel threatened by its neighbours disarming themselves for decades all around it ?
    Last edited by flogger; 03-24-15 at 11:35 AM.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    More evasion I'm still awaiting your answers.

    I'll make it real simple. How can a nation feel threatened by its neighbours disarming themselves for decades all around it ?
    How can you remain in your seat advancing such lies?

    Again flogger, just because you don't understand Russia's interests and concerns, doesn't mean Russia doesn't have them. Your fear mongering, hyperventilation and hysteria is vain.

    Russia views the United States and NATO as major threats to global security and potentially to its own military, according to a sweeping new security document unveiled by the Kremlin yesterday. The document, outlining Russia's national security strategy through 2020, also warned international relations will be shaped by battles over energy resources, which may trigger military conflicts on Russia's borders.

    Russia will seek an equal "partnership" with the United States, the policy paper said, adding Moscow would pursue a "rational and pragmatic" foreign policy and avoid a new arms race. It also named U.S. missile defense plans in Europe among top threats to the national security.

    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/w...4177.asp?scr=1
    Last edited by Montecresto; 03-24-15 at 12:10 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #89
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,335

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    How can you remain in your seat advancing such lies?
    Prove me wrong ?
    Where is the actuality of this threat Russia supposedly 'feels' ?
    Where is this military might stationed on its borders ?
    How do you threaten someone with ABMs ?

    More questions that will of course go unanswered

  10. #90
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,335

    Re: Russia Threatens Nuclear Armaggedon

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Again flogger, just because you don't understand Russia's interests and concerns, doesn't mean Russia doesn't have them. Your fear mongering, hyperventilation and hysteria is vain.
    Instead of all the handwringing over Russian sensibilities lets get a NATO perspective on all of this. After all there are many countries who's existence is potentially threatened by the possibility of similar action taken against them as Russia has done with Ukraine.

    http://www.nato.int/cps/eu/natohq/topics_111767.htm

    Russia views the United States and NATO as major threats to global security and potentially to its own military, according to a sweeping new security document unveiled by the Kremlin yesterday.
    The Russian view simply does not bear any scrutiny. It is simply being used as an excuse for their actions in Ukraine. There is no NATO threat to it as the continued defence cuts in most of its member states can attest. Conversely Russian military expansion is massive

    Giri Rajendran: What now for European defence spending? | IISS

    The document, outlining Russia's national security strategy through 2020, also warned international relations will be shaped by battles over energy resources, which may trigger military conflicts on Russia's borders
    So far it has been Russia doing all the triggering

    Russia will seek an equal "partnership" with the United States, the policy paper said, adding Moscow would pursue a "rational and pragmatic" foreign policy and avoid a new arms race. It also named U.S. missile defense plans in Europe among top threats to the national security.
    How can a totally defensive system threaten Russian national security ? Did the Maginot line threaten German security ? Given continued NATO disarmament here is something very much threatening Europes security

    Russian Defense Budget to Hit Record $81 Billion in 2015 | Business | The Moscow Times

    This level of defence spending is three times the NATO average
    Last edited by flogger; 03-24-15 at 01:08 PM.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •