Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 624

Thread: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

  1. #371
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,019

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    I'm generally not friends with those who don't like me. That's not how it works.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'm generally not friends with those who don't like me. That's not how it works.
    Assuming that's a response to my post, no, I shouldn't think you would be friends with those who don't like you, particularly people whom you have a history of wronging. But that can change. As a mater of fact, Obama seems to be attempting to make peace with Iran, with the GOP doing their level best to sabotage the process. Way to go.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #373
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,019

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    I don't think our view toward Iran should change until it stops chanting "Death to America." Very interesting that your focus is on American "wrong-doing" toward Iran; perhaps this explains your willingness to appease those who wish us and our way of life dead.

  4. #374
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,715

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't think our view toward Iran should change until it stops chanting "Death to America." Very interesting that your focus is on American "wrong-doing" toward Iran; perhaps this explains your willingness to appease those who wish us and our way of life dead.
    Well maybe they might stop saying that when our politicians stop singing "bomb Irraaan" or force economic sanctions on them... being nice and being belligerent goes both ways.

  5. #375
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,019

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Which politicians have been singing "Bomb Iran"?

    Why shouldn't the U.S. impose economic sanctions if these are effective?

    Why should anybody believe that Iran wants nuclear capability solely for energy purposes? This defies credulity.

  6. #376
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,715

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Which politicians have been singing "Bomb Iran"?


    Why shouldn't the U.S. impose economic sanctions if these are effective?

    Why should anybody believe that Iran wants nuclear capability solely for energy purposes? This defies credulity.
    And so you wonder why Iranians chant death to America? Looks like you answered your own questions...

  7. #377
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    How can you say that, when the works not even finished?
    You're right.... I'll say it after the work is finished and still be right about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And apparently you don't know that there is nuclear power programs that generate electricity, and there are nuclear power programs that are for making weapons. The P5+1 is working to ensure that Iran's program remains peaceful.
    Oh no, for years I've known that a heavy water system isn't used by Iran for electricity - you see, heavy water systems and the number on centrifuges they have is being used for a weapons system. If Iran were really only about nuclear power they'd have no reason to enrich so much uranium in heavy water and commit so many resources to gather the byproducts namely plutonium. Only the very naive or very ignorant would say Iran is only using heavy water systems for nuclear power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Why would I concern myself with your stupid hypothetical about Iran bombing Israel? That's not going to happen. It's a far more likely scenario that the freak in Israel will preemptively bomb Iran.
    Ah "freak" Israel. The reason I stated it is to see how you'd react. My guess is your views are very anti Jew and therefore that shapes your opinion about Muslim nations getting nukes since Iran's view is they want to kill all the jews. So while your posts don't have the courage to just come out and say it, I think I've satisfied my own curiosity and you've posted enough to answer the question. Thanks for confirming.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #378
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're right.... I'll say it after the work is finished and still be right about it.

    Oh no, for years I've known that a heavy water system isn't used by Iran for electricity - you see, heavy water systems and the number on centrifuges they have is being used for a weapons system. If Iran were really only about nuclear power they'd have no reason to enrich so much uranium in heavy water and commit so many resources to gather the byproducts namely plutonium. Only the very naive or very ignorant would say Iran is only using heavy water systems for nuclear power.

    Ah "freak" Israel. The reason I stated it is to see how you'd react. My guess is your views are very anti Jew and therefore that shapes your opinion about Muslim nations getting nukes since Iran's view is they want to kill all the jews. So while your posts don't have the courage to just come out and say it, I think I've satisfied my own curiosity and you've posted enough to answer the question. Thanks for confirming.
    Us and Israeli intelligence both have stated that Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program. The P5+1 is at work to ensure that that remains the case. You really should stop misrepresenting the facts.

    I called Netanyahu a freak, not Israel, nor all Jews. Stop lying if you wish to debate the Iranian nuclear program with me. Furthermore, my position of global nuclear weapons eradication has been clear. I don't want Iran to have them, and wish that the US, Israel and the other nuclear powers would eliminate theirs. But there's always a double standard. One for the powerful, one for the weak. Kinda like the American justice system.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Well maybe they might stop saying that when our politicians stop singing "bomb Irraaan" or force economic sanctions on them... being nice and being belligerent goes both ways.
    A bad joke vs. the Iranian state actually having "death to America day" as a national holiday, spare me your laughably false analogy.

  10. #380
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,019

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post



    And so you wonder why Iranians chant death to America? Looks like you answered your own questions...
    Not really, so stop rolling your eyes. Your claim was that politicians plural were singing "Bomb Iran." Actually, one politician, McCain, ill-advisedly sang this once. One politician one time.

    And BTW, here's State Dept. info on those economic sanctions: Iran Sanctions

Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •