Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 624

Thread: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

  1. #341
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Do you really believe that?

    2001 we said North Korea wasn't either until they tested one underground. Ooopsie!

    It's not a hypothetical, but it's nice you think that.
    I can't help it because Bush let one fall through the cracks, as you told me, stay with the present. And yes, I believe that the six nations working on this have every interest in preventing Iran from having nuclear weapons. And yes, sense Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon, and because six nations are working to ensure that they don't, your scaredy cat stories, the same ones we hear from Bibi, are hypotheticals.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #342
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Are you seriously learning Mandarin? Because that's pretty cool if you are. My understanding is that the six nations involved are the only ones with complete knowledge, but I'm sure that just as the US is keeping some of its ally's somewhat in the loop, the others may be doing so as well. I've heard the complaint that Obama's not giving Bibi all that much, I don't know if that was true. But it's bound to be true now, if you know what I mean?
    Yes, I really am learning Mandarin Chinese from a private tutor who uses Skype as part of the training. I have all the books and tapes, and I can go at my own pace, which is nice - and there's no exams! It's up to me to know how much time I can spend, but no dawdling is allowed! .

  3. #343
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I can't help it because Bush let one fall through the cracks, as you told me, stay with the present.
    It would be valid if there was a crack in 2007 but there wasn't like there is now but yes - stay in the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And yes, I believe that the six nations working on this have every interest in preventing Iran from having nuclear weapons.
    That's not what I asked but okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And yes, sense Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon, and because six nations are working to ensure that they don't, your scaredy cat stories, the same ones we hear from Bibi, are hypotheticals.
    They don't have one you say... how do you know? They aren't working on one? How do you know... They don't want one? North Korea said the same thing... how'd that work out?

    And since they don't have one right now as you believe, they cannot get one if the P5+1 come to an agreement and Iran can't continue to oh I don't know, work in a secret location similar to the location that was outed in 2010? That can't happen either I guess.

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...ite/index.html
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    One - the source is staggeringly biased.

    Two - I would need to hear EXACTLY what was said, how it was said and in what context it was said before judging it. I don't doubt that he said it. But context and meaning is everything. And it would have to be complete and from an completely unbiased source.
    Politicians say things ALL THE TIME that are taken out of context. Why would this be any different?

    Three - if Bibi said something similar I guarantee you the right would water it down gigantically because they seem to have a MAJOR hard on for the guy.

    Four - it makes no sense. Why would he say it in full context knowing that they are trying to make a deal with America? Come on now...that makes zip sense.

    Five - I am neither Rep nor dem...so save the 'lefty' excuses, because I DESPISE both parties.

  5. #345
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Just today, Obamas boy in the CIA John Brennan said Iran is STILL a state sponsor of terrorism. And Obama wants to lift all economic and banking sanctions and allow them to continue with all their nuke fuel development and technology.

    What a freakin' islamic appeasing idiot.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  6. #346
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Four - it makes no sense. Why would he say it in full context knowing that they are trying to make a deal with America? Come on now...that makes zip sense.
    Because he believes it. Yes, they really do think that America is the Great Satan. Yes, they really do think that we are their mortal enemies, and that we must be defeated and Israel destroyed so that the Hidden Imam can come back and lead them into Paradise on Earth. You don't get to be leader of Iran by telling key interest groups what they want to hear whether or not you believe it, like in our country - this is a system that self-selects for crazy.



    What is it about this that is so difficult for people to get?
    Last edited by cpwill; 03-22-15 at 09:15 PM.

  7. #347
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    That doesn't prove anything except that some power-hungry people are willfully blind.
    Well, we know. Jews are willing to be discriminated against as long as they... what? Get ahead?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #348
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It would be valid if there was a crack in 2007 but there wasn't like there is now but yes - stay in the present.
    That's not what I asked but okay.
    They don't have one you say... how do you know? They aren't working on one? How do you know... They don't want one? North Korea said the same thing... how'd that work out?

    And since they don't have one right now as you believe, they cannot get one if the P5+1 come to an agreement and Iran can't continue to oh I don't know, work in a secret location similar to the location that was outed in 2010? That can't happen either I guess.

    Iranian secret nuclear site disclosed, opposition group claims - CNN.com
    I said, Bush was president when NK got nukes, I don't know, did he get the criticism for that that you're giving Obama for something that hasn't even happened.

    Israeli and US intelligence both say that Iran's doesn't have them, isn't making them, hasn't even decided to make them.

    So what's your angle, you want to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran for your hypothetical?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #349
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Just today, Obamas boy in the CIA John Brennan said Iran is STILL a state sponsor of terrorism. And Obama wants to lift all economic and banking sanctions and allow them to continue with all their nuke fuel development and technology.

    What a freakin' islamic appeasing idiot.
    This is not a unilateral action by Obama. Why do you guys keep MISrepresenting the six nation talks, hmm?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #350
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Khamenei calls ‘Death to America’ as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I said, Bush was president when NK got nukes, I don't know, did he get the criticism for that that you're giving Obama for something that hasn't even happened.

    Israeli and US intelligence both say that Iran's doesn't have them, isn't making them, hasn't even decided to make them.

    So what's your angle, you want to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran for your hypothetical?
    I'm thinking they aren't going to get them..at least not yet. 1 thing at a time. get rid of the sanctions and get breakout capability
    and continue regional hegemony while the Sunni states are in confusion.

    They're in the cat bird seat. they can go either way as events unfold

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •