Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 490

Thread: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

  1. #421
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    I don't know what this has to do with the post you quoted. Unless you're under the impression the AHA is "the government" and not a trade association representing the nation's hospitals.

    Regardless, the ongoing transformation of health care delivery is very real and readily apparent at this point. The shift toward smarter care is impacting the design of new hospital complexes, it's affecting the choices existing hospitals are making, and finally getting everyone rowing in the direction of better care and slower cost growth.


    You. Haven't. Seen. Anything. Yet.

    for six years I have been posting the quotes of Canadian health economists on Obamacare and no one on the left reads them.

    The law was based on a lie, sold by a lie, was amended 22 times and delayed in implementation.

    You can cherry pick all the reports needed to "sell" this law two years after the fact, but in the end, you still an over priced, out of reach, bureaucratic nightmare that doesn't even transfer wealth.

    It's cool aid friend
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  2. #422
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    If the reimbursement gets too low, congress will enact a new "doc fix". They have done it every year, now we won't have to do a 21% increase over the legal rate to keep them in every year.
    Where do you get such faith that the government will keep patching a broken system into perpetuity? At some point the whole house of cards will fall.

  3. #423
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I hope for America's sake they keep thinking that way. Hillary is quite beatable and very damaged. Get her in a one-on-one with Jeb Bush and she'll be toast.
    Jeb is not my choice...however by the time the email scandal dies down, the Gollum character from the Trilogy "Lord of the Rings" could beat her.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,312

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    You. Haven't. Seen. Anything. Yet.
    Sure we have. We've seen about 98% of American hospitals (per the AHA) moving in the direction of the population health management philosophy, not only re-orienting care around keeping people healthy but also extending the reach/responsibility of the hospital beyond its own walls through partnerships with entities in the community.

    As a result we've already seen preventable readmissions dropping as people get care (and preventive interventions) when and where they need it, we've seen hospitals get safer as they take a more systematic approach to patient safety, and we've seen hospital prices starting to drop. Performance on quality indicators tracked by the Joint Commission, CMS, you name it is starting to improve. Meanwhile new hospitals are being built to directly embody this philosophy where expensive inpatient care is no longer the most important piece of what the health system delivers.

    New models like ACOs are taking off as the amount of the nation's health care revenue in value-based or risk-based arrangements grows. Team-based care and new partnerships across various docs and hospitals are on the rise. Care is getting better, it's getting smarter, and for the first time in a long time the cost curve is starting to bend.

    But in a sense you're right. The best is yet to come!

  5. #425
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Where do you get such faith that the government will keep patching a broken system into perpetuity? At some point the whole house of cards will fall.


    That's the tide being fought.

    How many times does it have to be pointed out that it is fundamentally flawed, this 11 hundred page law that had to be amended 22 times? That right there should tell you this is a cannabalized junker with no clutch to start with, the only way to keep it running it to continue to fix it, like a Havana taxi cab.

    I repeat, the bad news is only just beginning.
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  6. #426
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    You. Haven't. Seen. Anything. Yet.

    for six years I have been posting the quotes of Canadian health economists on Obamacare and no one on the left reads them.

    The law was based on a lie, sold by a lie, was amended 22 times and delayed in implementation.

    You can cherry pick all the reports needed to "sell" this law two years after the fact, but in the end, you still an over priced, out of reach, bureaucratic nightmare that doesn't even transfer wealth.

    It's cool aid friend
    The moral of the story is that there are consequences in the US for voting democrat:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSobIcSV0Ic



  7. #427
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Sure we have. We've seen about 98% of American hospitals (per the AHA) moving in the direction of the population health management philosophy, not only re-orienting care around keeping people healthy but also extending the reach/responsibility of the hospital beyond its own walls through partnerships with entities in the community.

    As a result we've already seen preventable readmissions dropping as people get care (and preventive interventions) when and where they need it, we've seen hospitals get safer as they take a more systematic approach to patient safety, and we've seen hospital prices starting to drop. Performance on quality indicators tracked by the Joint Commission, CMS, you name it is starting to improve. Meanwhile new hospitals are being built to directly embody this philosophy where expensive inpatient care is no longer the most important piece of what the health system delivers.

    New models like ACOs are taking off as the amount of the nation's health care revenue in value-based or risk-based arrangements grows. Team-based care and new partnerships across various docs and hospitals are on the rise. Care is getting better, it's getting smarter, and for the first time in a long time the cost curve is starting to bend.

    But in a sense you're right. The best is yet to come!


    You are very deserving of Obamacare....

    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  8. #428
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    That's the tide being fought.

    How many times does it have to be pointed out that it is fundamentally flawed, this 11 hundred page law that had to be amended 22 times? That right there should tell you this is a cannabalized junker with no clutch to start with, the only way to keep it running it to continue to fix it, like a Havana taxi cab.

    I repeat, the bad news is only just beginning.
    Yep....when the employer mandate is fully implemented, the excrement will hit the oscillating blades very dramatically.



    At that point....I would normally say the democrats will be toast...however they have already lost control of the house, the senate, state legislatures and governorship quite dramatically.

  9. #429
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Yep....when the employer mandate is fully implemented, the excrement will hit the oscillating blades very dramatically.



    At that point....I would normally say the democrats will be toast...however they have already lost control of the house, the senate, state legislatures and governorship quite dramatically.


    If you sit back and think about it...every step of the way Obamacare has had to face "adjustment", from the great web site fiasco - how's that $1 billion soft ware working out?, to the 22 single handed "amendments", or what I call "holy ****! we have to fix that!" changes, to the fact 20 plus million people did lose their plan.

    And as we deal with these after the fact "holy ****s", absent the debate is the fact that in 2020, the US will still have 50 million people uninsured according to the CBO...more than the populations of Canada, Alaska, Washington and Idaho, and the highest premiums in the universe. Cadillac pricing for a KIA
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  10. #430
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,555

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Why the **** would I have a plan for dog ****? I do not care about individual stories or petty complaints.

    Your "health plan" is garbage. These things you are now in hysteria about were forecast, we told you this would happen. I have posted hundreds of posts saying this very thing. if I knew, the dumb ****s you support who drafted this waste of pulp should have known and been honest about in the first place.

    Instead it was hidden, you were LIED TO, and now the government is trying to use back door regulations to patch work quilt a solution to a problem that is not solvable in that system.

    You have the worst system on the planet. Your "friend's" story is one of millions about to happen.



    Pay attention:

    You have been lied to.
    We know you have no plan. We can see you do not care about anyone but yourself. That is not governing, that is failure.

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •