Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 490

Thread: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

  1. #361
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,624

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    It depends. If I were stuck in Canada and was forced to pay into the system, I would not turn down the medical care I paid for. If I were a Canadian citizen with a good opportunity to emigrate to the US? I would trade in a heartbeat.




    So basically your problem is with the high out of pocket costs. As John pointed out, Canadians are getting stuck with many of those high out of pocket costs as well for treatment not covered under the single payer system. And what allegedly works in Europe will not necessarily work here. IN the UK for instance, the single payer system is not anything close to solvent. And the entire UK is about the size of the US gulf coast. Do you really think that the same US government that runs Medicare and the VA Healthcare system so poorly can somehow get it right with single payer?
    do they pay three hundred a month, almost two grand for a cut thumb, and twelve grand for a broken arm?

    wait, i though you and i were just going to declare irreconcilable differences on this issue.

  2. #362
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,101

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    You don't even understand the meaning of the Cool Hand Luke statement. Your problem is that you are more into rhetoric then reality. If you understood the concept of trickle down economics, you would easily work out that it has always been a part of any economy based on free enterprise.
    Your opinion is duly noted and given the attention it deserves.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  3. #363
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,101

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!

    You're full of it.
    It was such a awesome idea it had to be sold using a long list of lies.

    And lower cost ? How by increasing deductibles and premiums ?

    Now we have to buy a product that was sold using deceptive advertising and there's nothing we can do about it.

    If a Insurance company prior to Obama'sCare tried the old Bait and Switch on me ( deceptive advertising ) at least I would be able to appeal to the Federal Trade Commission.

    But now the Federal Trade Commission is part of the same entity that pulled a bait and switch scam on every American consumer !!

    Democrats vilified the Insurance companies when they were pushing this monstrosity for ethics violations and taking advantage of their consumers and then Obama comes along and scams every one !

    You can't make **** like this up !! Only the Democrat party could do something so unethical on such a grand scale.

    And affordability has now been redefined as whatever makes Obama and the Democrats look good. How would a bunch of lying Democrats know whats affordable for every individual American ?

    They didn't ! Its like theyre a bunch of used car salesman..
    You obviously didn't want an answer, just an excuse to rag on Obama and the Dems. No response as to what to do about healthcare either. Typical con, all no and no substance.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  4. #364
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,238

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    You obviously didn't want an answer, just an excuse to rag on Obama and the Dems. No response as to what to do about healthcare either. Typical con, all no and no substance.
    You didn't give an answer. You just repeated a bunch of unsubstantiated " Yay ObamaCare " rhetoric.

    It needed to be dealt with accordingly. Hope you understand.

  5. #365
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,771

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so this is false? :

    Debunking Canadian health care myths - The Denver Post

    i'll still trade you health care systems.

    Attachment 67182494
    After reading the first two "myths" in the opinion piece you linked, I stopped, because it is so blatantly false as to be unrecognizable.

    Bottom line, you have your position and that's fine - I wish you well.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  6. #366
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,771

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    nah, you wouldn't trade. and neither would CJ. he won't even pretend that he would trade on an anonymous message board. you should ask yourself why that is the case.

    and if he responds to this and says that he would trade, we'll start talking to DP posters from Europe. and then i'll tell them about some of the ridiculously high out of pocket costs that we pay for stuff that they are mostly covered for.
    You just can't help yourself, can you? - instead of speaking to the OP and the issued raised, you have to rely on continuing a strawman argument that is totally irrelevant. It's like arguing that it's better to live in Detroit than Mogadishu therefore Detroit is wonderful and perfect.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  7. #367
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,624

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You just can't help yourself, can you? - instead of speaking to the OP and the issued raised, you have to rely on continuing a strawman argument that is totally irrelevant. It's like arguing that it's better to live in Detroit than Mogadishu therefore Detroit is wonderful and perfect.

    i'm fairly convinced that most Canadians wouldn't trade the cost of their system for the crushing costs of ours. posters from Europe wouldn't want to, either.

  8. #368
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,771

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'm fairly convinced that most Canadians wouldn't trade the cost of their system for the crushing costs of ours. posters from Europe wouldn't want to, either.
    Like Pavlov's dog, every post from you starts with your strawman challenge.

    Actually, I'll bet posters from Canada and Europe wouldn't mind your healthcare system because we'd be able to manage it much better, eliminating all the wasteful spending on tort insurance and multiple tests/procedures/medications that only serve the purpose of indemnifying healthcare professionals from your out of control civil litigation lawyers and the greed of the public to score a lottery win every time they visit a doctor.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  9. #369
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,624

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Like Pavlov's dog, every post from you starts with your strawman challenge.

    Actually, I'll bet posters from Canada and Europe wouldn't mind your healthcare system because we'd be able to manage it much better, eliminating all the wasteful spending on tort insurance and multiple tests/procedures/medications that only serve the purpose of indemnifying healthcare professionals from your out of control civil litigation lawyers and the greed of the public to score a lottery win every time they visit a doctor.
    hey, if they want to pay tens of thousands for a heart attack and maybe hundreds of thousands because they get cancer, more power to them.

    oh, there's also end of life care. how that works is that you give the nursing home your entire estate, and then medicaid can finally kick in. "i hope that i go quick so that i can leave my kids something." that's actually a thing. people actually say that.

    but sure. if you want to **** up your single payer system by privatizing it, be my guest. i'll be down here shaking my head and hoping that i don't get sick or cut my thumb again.

  10. #370
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,767

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    do they pay three hundred a month, almost two grand for a cut thumb,
    and twelve grand for a broken arm?
    It's not just about cost. I will be 62 this year. I already have some minor arthritis going in one shoulder. I at some point, I need a hip replacement.....in Canada under their single payer system, there is a waiting list. Not the case here. And I sympathize with the outrageous bills you were faced with, however I suspect that it was a combination of whatever health insurance you were on and price gouging at the point of service. I don't think it's the norm. Not all insurance policies are equal. In the last ten Since 1999, and prior to Obamacare, I have had my gallbladder out, four eye surgeries, and a hernia repair. My out of pocket cost with insurance for the eye surgeries was less then $200.00 Less then $1000.00 for the gall bladder, and the hernia repair. If I had continued to maintain private health insurance after Obamacare passed, there is no doubt I would have been hit as bad or worse then your example. My point is that the US Healthcare system did work reasonably well before the government tinkered with it. And it can again.

    wait, I though you and i were just going to declare irreconcilable differences on this issue.
    I think we cordially agreed that we will not agree in regards to a single payer system versus private healthcare. However the debate is still interesting. If anyone makes a point I disagree with, I will still at times respond and put in my two cents.

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •