Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 490

Thread: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

  1. #241
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,410

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    When has any nation's government provided an essential service with inelastic demand efficiently without massive cuts in what is actually provided? I share your sympathy for those in any nation who go broke due to illness or injury, however removing the profit motive simply reduces available services. If we go to a single payer system, government bean counters will be making the decisions on how much high tech medical equipment is purchased. One example is MRI units. There are five of them within a 20 minute drive of my house. And I live in a rural area. If your doctor prescribes an MRI, chances are you get get one on the same day or within a few days. Under a single payer system, you would likely go on a waiting list as government bean counters would only fund a limited number of the machines. Look at how poorly the VA Healthcare system is running. I am sure you have heard of the recent scandals. Single payer would drop us down to that level of care.
    other first world countries are achieving the same or better outcomes for a lot less money.

    cost-of-long-life.jpg

  2. #242
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,384

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yup. They are already satisfying demand. No point in expanding when demand is already being satisfied. That would just be wasting money.

    And with productivity (units of production per man hour) increasing, I wouldn't expect demand to exceed production any time soon, maybe never again. We are entering the age where scarcity isn't the issue, the issue is having an economic system that allows everyone to purchase good and services in an ample quantity for businesses to be able to expand. It's a paradigm shift in our economy.
    You increase demand by increasing production.

    Production is being stifled by poorly thought out destructive policies that were implemented under the pretense of fairness and affordablity.

    Tax Increases on Capital and mandates that increase cost with Regulations that stifle investment and innovation have thrown a massive wet blanket on the economy.

    Prior to 2008 banks would never leave stagnant captital sit around earning nothing. But over 80 percent of the liquidity created by QE sits idle on the books of the FED.

    What some people call. " Corporate Greed " is actually the consequence of destructive policies and Government action meant to address that so called greed.

    You make light of this but whats happening now is unprecedented. Wealth stagnant and not working to create jobs and opportunities as Liberals continue to push for Higher taxes and imposing regulations.

    Its hilarious.

    Conservatives warn Progressive policies will stifle investment and lead to stagnation then provide examples.

    Progressives implement those policies and the economy suffers and then Progressives DEMAND Businesses and the Rich invest their money as a solution which makes things even worse.

  3. #243
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,807

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I still think it's funny that your username highlights the thing you seem to know nothing about.

    The employer mandate will affect very few businesses- those that have between 50-100 employees that do not currently offer insurance. 90% of those businesses already do, and virtually 100% do with 100+ employees.

    So the cash reserves of corporations have absolutely nothing to do with the ACA, and the employer mandate is a pretty small piece of the ACA anyway.
    I'm curious - if you're correct, why is it then that several companies have indicated they will drop employer funded health insurance when the mandate comes in and why does the CBO suggest 20 million will lose their employer funded health insurance when the ACA mandate kicks in?

    CBO report says healthcare law could cause as many as 20M to lose coverage | TheHill
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  4. #244
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,211

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm curious - if you're correct, why is it then that several companies have indicated they will drop employer funded health insurance when the mandate comes in and why does the CBO suggest 20 million will lose their employer funded health insurance when the ACA mandate kicks in?

    CBO report says healthcare law could cause as many as 20M to lose coverage | TheHill
    You're report is from 2012. I have not heard of this concern since the ACA was implemented after that.

    I'm curious why you couldn't find a more recent report than this.

    Again, the mandate is pretty much a minor issue. But it's the last piece to fall into place, so the anti-ACA folks are really banking on THIS little bit to fulfill their ever present predictions of disaster and woe.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #245
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,645

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm curious - if you're correct, why is it then that several companies have indicated they will drop employer funded health insurance when the mandate comes in and why does the CBO suggest 20 million will lose their employer funded health insurance when the ACA mandate kicks in?

    CBO report says healthcare law could cause as many as 20M to lose coverage | TheHill
    That's one of ACA's benefits - the delinking of coverage from employment
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #246
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,229

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You increase demand by increasing production.

    Production is being stifled by poorly thought out destructive policies that were implemented under the pretense of fairness and affordablity.

    Tax Increases on Capital and mandates that increase cost with Regulations that stifle investment and innovation have thrown a massive wet blanket on the economy.

    Prior to 2008 banks would never leave stagnant captital sit around earning nothing. But over 80 percent of the liquidity created by QE sits idle on the books of the FED.

    What some people call. " Corporate Greed " is actually the consequence of destructive policies and Government action meant to address that so called greed.

    You make light of this but whats happening now is unprecedented. Wealth stagnant and not working to create jobs and opportunities as Liberals continue to push for Higher taxes and imposing regulations.

    Its hilarious.

    Conservatives warn Progressive policies will stifle investment and lead to stagnation then provide examples.

    Progressives implement those policies and the economy suffers and then Progressives DEMAND Businesses and the Rich invest their money as a solution which makes things even worse.


    Ah.....

    No. You stifle demand with over production.

    You create demand with a higher perceived "bang for buck" price/quality ratio. In hard times, economy cars sell, the SUV's decline no matter how many you make
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #247
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's one of ACA's benefits - the delinking of coverage from employment
    It's a bit of doublespeak calling that a benefit.

  8. #248
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,229

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    other first world countries are achieving the same or better outcomes for a lot less money.

    cost-of-long-life.jpg


    Outright dishonesty!

    You are comparing universal systems to the US and Obama death care, the worst health care plan in the known universe.

    We accomplish this by doing it three right way, instead of creating new classes of people in an income redistribution scheme and tax posing as health care. You don't have a health care plan, you have the most confusing and complicated tax plan known to mankind that, in the end, changes nothing in terms of who gets what coverage.

    It is a bigger **** pile than before and has set 'progress' back at least three decades; before this there was growing support for UHC based on the economics, how it is an advantage to business...now, never.

    Obamacare will be seen as the greatest domestic screw up and wrong turn the nation has ever made.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #249
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,211

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm curious - if you're correct, why is it then that several companies have indicated they will drop employer funded health insurance when the mandate comes in and why does the CBO suggest 20 million will lose their employer funded health insurance when the ACA mandate kicks in?

    CBO report says healthcare law could cause as many as 20M to lose coverage | TheHill
    If you want to see what the ACTUAL effect of the mandate is, rather than an imagined effect, read this:

    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...te-116159.html
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #250
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,410

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Outright dishonesty!

    You are comparing universal systems to the US and Obama death care, the worst health care plan in the known universe.

    We accomplish this by doing it three right way, instead of creating new classes of people in an income redistribution scheme and tax posing as health care. You don't have a health care plan, you have the most confusing and complicated tax plan known to mankind that, in the end, changes nothing in terms of who gets what coverage.

    It is a bigger **** pile than before and has set 'progress' back at least three decades; before this there was growing support for UHC based on the economics, how it is an advantage to business...now, never.

    Obamacare will be seen as the greatest domestic screw up and wrong turn the nation has ever made.
    i don't support the ACA, as it is a half measure. i support single payer.

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •