Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 490

Thread: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

  1. #201
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Abilene Texas
    Last Seen
    06-07-17 @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The ACA is already in full force, and our economy didn't collapse, if anything it seemed to have picked up a little steam as we approached full implimentation.

    My best guess is that companies are hanging on to this money because they don't have anything better to do with it, they are already meeting demand, investors aren't clamoring for higher dividends, etc.

    the ACA isnt in full force

    the employer mandate is still up in the air

    and some are trying to hold it back yet again
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #202
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    the ACA isnt in full force

    the employer mandate is still up in the air

    and some are trying to hold it back yet again
    The OP was about corporations that are part of the S&P 500. All of them already provide ACA-copliant insurance to their employees. In fact, mre than 2/3 of them provide such insurance to same-sex partners and partners in civil unions.

    IOW, the employer mandate being delayed has no effect on the corps referred to in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #203
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,289

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Any increases caused by ACA, if they even exist, have already occurred so there's no need to wait and see what they will be.
    Not even close. A lot of the costs that will be applied are still on the horizon.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  4. #204
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Not even close. A lot of the costs that will be applied are still on the horizon.
    Another prediction from the crowd that predicted "death spirals", "no one will sign up", "young people won't sign up", "the website will never be fixed", "it will be found unconstitutional", etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #205
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Abilene Texas
    Last Seen
    06-07-17 @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The OP was about corporations that are part of the S&P 500. All of them already provide ACA-copliant insurance to their employees. In fact, mre than 2/3 of them provide such insurance to same-sex partners and partners in civil unions.

    IOW, the employer mandate being delayed has no effect on the corps referred to in the OP.

    image made a statement

    it was incorrect

    i corrected it.....period
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #206
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,431

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    the ACA isnt in full force

    the employer mandate is still up in the air

    and some are trying to hold it back yet again
    The employer mandate went into effect Jan 1st 2015 for all employers with more than 100 employees. That happens to be the exact same type of company that the OP is discussing.

    Look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #207
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,990

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Not even close. A lot of the costs that will be applied are still on the horizon.
    Yeah, NEXT year costs are gonna SKYROCKET!

    (see teaparty predictions in 2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 and 2014)
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,753

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Another prediction from the crowd that predicted "death spirals", "no one will sign up", "young people won't sign up", "the website will never be fixed", "it will be found unconstitutional", etc.
    Who could have predicted how bad ObamaCare was going to be for Democrats in 2010 and 204 ?

    Its made healthcare so " affordable " that the GOP wiped the floor with the Democrats in the Midterms....Lol

    Its a albatross with Obama's name all over it

  9. #209
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,990

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Who could have predicted how bad ObamaCare was going to be for Democrats in 2010 and 204 ?

    Its made healthcare so " affordable " that the GOP wiped the floor with the Democrats in the Midterms....Lol

    Its a albatross with Obama's name all over it
    Guess its skipped 2012, huh?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,753

    Re: U.S. companies hoard record amount of cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Guess its skipped 2012, huh?
    It just seems like if it was a good as you people say, Democrats like Mary Landrieu would still have a job.

    But that wasn't the case.

    And as for 2012, idiots who are drawn in by talking points and who equate Presidential qualifications to empty platitudes and bumper sticker slogans dont. really possess the ability to be objective and vote based on the issue's.

    Apparently those people vote in Presidential elections and stay home for the Midterms

    Its why Obama floated the mandatory voting ballon.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •