Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 274

Thread: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity[W:274]

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    1. If they don't allow inspectors access when and where it is needed the agreement can be revoked and we go right back to... well to where we are right now. Who gives a ****. Worst case scenario is we go back to our current state.

    2. How in the **** did you conclude that if we have inspectors in Iran then they could build a nuclear arsenal in 5 to 6 years, but they can't do that in the current scenario where we don't have any inspectors inside the country?

    3. It's not nearly as easy as the average person would think to just move around the kind of equipment and materials needed to make a nuclear weapon. This takes huge amounts of people, effort, equipment, material etc. It would be like a factory or a chemical plant being moved to a new location in a weeks notice. It's not possible.

    This goes to show you how dense conservatives are being on this issue. They actually prefer the scenario of us not having inspectors inside Iran rather than us actually having inspectors. Some how we are in less danger when we aren't keeping a close eye on them.



    Here you talk about how dense Conservatives are.....yet for some reason cant filter thru the grey matter what the French had to say. Which is why they sent a counter proposal to BO peep and the State Dept in February. Right when the left had their panties all in an uproar about Netanyahu coming to speak and make BO look like the fool he was born to be.

    What happened?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity' - NBC News

    This is... the most insane thing I've ever heard or seen...
    He really, REALLY believes he can just talk "sensibly" and everyone will fall in line...

    Are you kidding me?


    What was funny Vic. Was that BO peep being the mope he is.....can't figure out that majority of the people in Iran won't even see nor hear a word he says. Truly he has become pathetic.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    1. If they don't allow inspectors access when and where it is needed the agreement can be revoked and we go right back to... well to where we are right now. Who gives a ****. Worst case scenario is we go back to our current state.

    2. How in the **** did you conclude that if we have inspectors in Iran then they could build a nuclear arsenal in 5 to 6 years, but they can't do that in the current scenario where we don't have any inspectors inside the country?

    3. It's not nearly as easy as the average person would think to just move around the kind of equipment and materials needed to make a nuclear weapon. This takes huge amounts of people, effort, equipment, material etc. It would be like a factory or a chemical plant being moved to a new location in a weeks notice. It's not possible.

    This goes to show you how dense conservatives are being on this issue. They actually prefer the scenario of us not having inspectors inside Iran rather than us actually having inspectors. Some how we are in less danger when we aren't keeping a close eye on them.
    I hate to tell ya.. but Iran already can make the bomb, and Obama has been an enabler of this by giving the last few years to complete the infrastructure...

    why do you think that Saddam who would not allow UN inspections on WMDS ( that are now in Syria) that Iran will allow inspections?..

    Obama promised the Mullahs Bibis scalp for a fake weak deal for Obamas fake legacy... thats why Obama is lashing out at Bibi ( for being alive ) and the people of Israel know tht Iran has the bomb today.. they dint need years they already have all the componets and Russian tech.


    Its scary alright,, and the ignorance on all this is even more scary
    Last edited by Travis007; 03-20-15 at 04:02 PM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Bibi called it when he spoke to Congress.... paving the way for a nuclear armed Iran. Prophetic even...
    As Bibi said then, "so much talk about a speech that hasn't been given". So much criticism of a deal that's at the moment, still being negotiated. Bibi isn't intimate with the deal, nor are DP posters. So other than the freaks false claim, have you evidence that China, Russia, France, Germany and the UK, are conspiring with Obama to give Iran a green light on nuclear weapons, hmm?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #15
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    1. If they don't allow inspectors access when and where it is needed the agreement can be revoked and we go right back to... well to where we are right now.
    Where we are now is letting them do what they want to do and removing them from the national terror list and the President warning Congress not to issue more of those pesky sanctions. Oh so punitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    2. How in the **** did you conclude that if we have inspectors in Iran then they could build a nuclear arsenal in 5 to 6 years, but they can't do that in the current scenario where we don't have any inspectors inside the country?
    Relax.... what part of "hypothetical" is eluding you?


    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    3. It's not nearly as easy as the average person would think to just move around the kind of equipment and materials needed to make a nuclear weapon. This takes huge amounts of people, effort, equipment, material etc. It would be like a factory or a chemical plant being moved to a new location in a weeks notice. It's not possible.
    The average person can't find New York on a map....

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    This goes to show you how dense conservatives are being on this issue. They actually prefer the scenario of us not having inspectors inside Iran rather than us actually having inspectors. Some how we are in less danger when we aren't keeping a close eye on them.
    This goes to show how far liberal will go to protect Obama ... way to tow that party line though! Kudos!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #16
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As Bibi said then, "so much talk about a speech that hasn't been given". So much criticism of a deal that's at the moment, still being negotiated. Bibi isn't intimate with the deal, nor are DP posters. So other than the freaks false claim, have you evidence that China, Russia, France, Germany and the UK, are conspiring with Obama to give Iran a green light on nuclear weapons, hmm?
    Fair point. I guess the treaty has to be signed before we know what it's about..... what TRANSPARENCY though eh? Whoa.... that much TRANSPARENCY is making me dizzy.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As Bibi said then, "so much talk about a speech that hasn't been given". So much criticism of a deal that's at the moment, still being negotiated. Bibi isn't intimate with the deal, nor are DP posters. So other than the freaks false claim, have you evidence that China, Russia, France, Germany and the UK, are conspiring with Obama to give Iran a green light on nuclear weapons, hmm?
    Nah, we are just going with that Iran came back with an ultimatum and that's with BO peeps bad deal. Since DP posters don't have to be intimate with the deal. Just up on the knowing.

    Oh, and why mention France when they sent counter proposals to BO peeps deal. Why calling BO an Amateur.




    Surprise: Iranians Add New Demand In Nuke Talks......

    Tehran’s negotiators in Switzerland, according to these diplomats, have hardened their position that United Nations sanctions on their country be repealed at the front end of any deal reached this month with the U.S. and other global powers. The U.S. and its European allies are demanding the U.N.’s sanctions be suspended or terminated in a phased time-frame over years. They believe sanctions relief should only come after Iran addresses concerns about its past nuclear work and is given a clean bill of health by the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency. The Iranians “say it’s a deal breaker. They don’t want it at all,” said a senior European diplomat involved in the Lausanne talks, referring to Iran’s position on the U.N. sanctions. “There’s no way that we would give up on that…. No way.”

    Congressional leaders have begun pressuring their colleagues to cut off all U.S. funding for the ongoing talks with Iran over its contested nuclear program as the Obama administration rushes to hash out the details of a deal in the coming months, according to multiple sources and a letter that will be sent next week to appropriators in the House of Representatives. With the deadline approaching, congressional Republicans have been exasperated by the Obama administration’s efforts to prevent them from having any oversight over the deal. Reps. Peter Roskam (R., Ill.) and Lee Zeldin (R., N.Y.) are now petitioning their colleagues on the House Appropriations Committee to prohibit all taxpayer funding for the talks, the Washington Free Beacon has learned. This would purge all U.S. funds available to Obama administration officials for travel abroad, hotel stays, and any other activities related to the P5+1 talks with Iran.

    Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed the Obama administration for arguing that a diplomatic pact will prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons, calling it a “preposterous argument.” Sherman’s remarks came during an exchange in Congress with Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken. The lawmaker said Iran had proven itself untrustworthy during previous nuclear negotiations. “Obviously, they’re willing to break the law,” Sherman said, noting Tehran’s repeated violations of past U.N. mandates and diplomatic treaties.....snip~

    Surprise: Iranians Add New Demand In Nuke Talks - Guy Benson

  8. #18
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity' - NBC News

    This is... the most insane thing I've ever heard or seen...
    He really, REALLY believes he can just talk "sensibly" and everyone will fall in line...

    Are you kidding me?
    the only opportunity here is Obama desperately trying to get a foreign policy victory, so he won't go down in history as a bigger hack than Jimmy Carter.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  9. #19
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Fair point. I guess the treaty has to be signed before we know what it's about..... what TRANSPARENCY though eh? Whoa.... that much TRANSPARENCY is making me dizzy.
    Well, that's a whole other argument, and equally valid.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah, we are just going with that Iran came back with an ultimatum and that's with BO peeps bad deal. Since DP posters don't have to be intimate with the deal. Just up on the knowing.

    Oh, and why mention France when they sent counter proposals to BO peeps deal. Why calling BO an Amateur.




    Surprise: Iranians Add New Demand In Nuke Talks......

    Tehran’s negotiators in Switzerland, according to these diplomats, have hardened their position that United Nations sanctions on their country be repealed at the front end of any deal reached this month with the U.S. and other global powers. The U.S. and its European allies are demanding the U.N.’s sanctions be suspended or terminated in a phased time-frame over years. They believe sanctions relief should only come after Iran addresses concerns about its past nuclear work and is given a clean bill of health by the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency. The Iranians “say it’s a deal breaker. They don’t want it at all,” said a senior European diplomat involved in the Lausanne talks, referring to Iran’s position on the U.N. sanctions. “There’s no way that we would give up on that…. No way.”

    Congressional leaders have begun pressuring their colleagues to cut off all U.S. funding for the ongoing talks with Iran over its contested nuclear program as the Obama administration rushes to hash out the details of a deal in the coming months, according to multiple sources and a letter that will be sent next week to appropriators in the House of Representatives. With the deadline approaching, congressional Republicans have been exasperated by the Obama administration’s efforts to prevent them from having any oversight over the deal. Reps. Peter Roskam (R., Ill.) and Lee Zeldin (R., N.Y.) are now petitioning their colleagues on the House Appropriations Committee to prohibit all taxpayer funding for the talks, the Washington Free Beacon has learned. This would purge all U.S. funds available to Obama administration officials for travel abroad, hotel stays, and any other activities related to the P5+1 talks with Iran.

    Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed the Obama administration for arguing that a diplomatic pact will prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons, calling it a “preposterous argument.” Sherman’s remarks came during an exchange in Congress with Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken. The lawmaker said Iran had proven itself untrustworthy during previous nuclear negotiations. “Obviously, they’re willing to break the law,” Sherman said, noting Tehran’s repeated violations of past U.N. mandates and diplomatic treaties.....snip~

    Surprise: Iranians Add New Demand In Nuke Talks - Guy Benson
    The French are still at the table, so they can use their position to influence the negotiations as they may. In the end though, all six countries have reiterated that any deal agreed to will deny a nuclear weaponized Iran. So other than your daily barrage of Democratic Party criticism, what's your concern?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •