Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 292

Thread: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

  1. #151
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    My outward laughter at EJI is all the refuting you get.
    Your hyperbole of going from tasteless targets to lynchings tells me everything I need to know about ya'll.
    Just so you know, it should be "y'all," as in you all, not "ya'll" as in you will.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #152
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Never did. Its his 1A to make and sell them. Gun show or online or garage sale.
    And any gun show organizer's right to tell him to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yea, like that was a daily occurrence.
    ??? It was incredible harm to "people" and their families and communities. And the predominantly white cops and local govts turned their heads and tried to ignore it.

    And you just dismiss it because It didnt happen enough to matter?

    That is disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah yes, wife beaters. That's become a funny name for a certain kind of shirt. Maybe beating your wife is amusing.

    (I didn't direct that specifically at you as you didn't coin the term. But it's okay to use something as serious as beating your wife, aka domestic violence, to make an insulting point, and nobody flinches or complains.)
    I didnt know they were called that until I was an adult but I've always found it disgusting. Luckily, no men in my family or boyfriends ever wore them....the association might have stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ??? It was incredible harm to "people" and their families and communities. And the predominantly white cops and local govts turned their heads and tried to ignore it.

    And you just dismiss it because It didnt happen enough to matter?

    That is disgusting.
    When people say stuff like that, it puts into perspective why the black community is so distrustful of cops. Unlike TurtleDude's assertion that black on black violence and black poverty have a relationship, there is a tangible link between a demographic's trust of an institution and the institution's actions. If an institution like the justice system engaged violent activities, and turned a blind eye to others that did it, there is every reason to believe that the receiving demographic (the victimised population) would grow distrustful of that institution. Now one can get down to the details but that it essentially what it boils down to. You have 70+ years when thousands of blacks were murdered by both the government and private individuals. The victims of those crimes never received their justice. That segmented the belief that the police simply aren't looking out for the best interests of the black community. However, it's unfounded because if we're to believe Crue Cab, not enough blacks were killed.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-19-15 at 01:08 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #156
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,491
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Those targets have been out only about 25 years that I know of.
    Time to put an end to that crap, bud. Time to confront those a$$holes.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  7. #157
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,491
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, its stupid. Just like dead baby jokes are stupid, and jokes about Sarah Palin's prepubescent daughter sleeping with a professional baseball player are stupid, and jokes about retarded people are stupid, and jokes about anorexic people are stupid, and jokes about Catholic priests abusing altar boys are stupid, and jokes about 13 year old girls in trailer homes getting raped by their 15 year old uncles are stupid, and jokes about Jews are stupid, and jokes about the dead Princess Diana are stupid, and so on. And these images are stupid:











    There are a lot of stupid people in the world who think things are funny that most people don't think are funny. This guy happens to be one of them. Is this a surprise? Breaking news? There are people who don't like black people. OMG stop the presses! There are people who don't like women, and who poke fun at Asians, and who make fun of Indian accents, and who detest religious people, and so on.

    What this entire thread is about is a tasteless stupid joke by one person. But for some reason, this one tasteless joke is for some reason making people believe that there are people running rampant in this country using black men for target practice. Is that happening?

    The people running the gun show dealt with him and banned him. I'm sure next time he'll think twice about presenting a very tasteless joke. I wish everyone else who makes truly ignorant and tasteless jokes did the same, but they won't.
    That, what I bolded, is the whole point.
    Yes, there's lots of degrees and lots of levels of tasteless crap, and most everyone is a bigot to one degree or another but those targets are over the top. They were going too far in 1955. It's time those jackasses were confronted. Did you read his reaction? He still doesn't get it. It's never going to stop, never going to get better, as long as good people allow it.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Time to put an end to that crap, bud. Time to confront those a$$holes.
    Good luck.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ??? It was incredible harm to "people" and their families and communities. And the predominantly white cops and local govts turned their heads and tried to ignore it.

    And you just dismiss it because It didnt happen enough to matter?

    That is disgusting.
    I dismiss the EJI as a reputable source.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Vendor banned from gun show after selling offensive target

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I dismiss the EJI as a reputable source.
    That has nothing to do with my comment and the fact that those things happened..and were frequently dismissed by white people and authorities....in the near past.

    *You* also dismissed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •