Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 440

Thread: Netanyahu poised for 3rd straight term Israel PM after rival concedes[W:350:384]

  1. #221
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well there you go. You, the king of the "Bush isn't President anymore" retort, will never stop blaming Obama. Figures.
    So no answer to the question? You defend Obama and the question is why do you ignore his record, his lack of leadership, his arrogance, and his American Idol mentality? What is it about Obama that creates people like you and that loyalty? I defended Bush because of the actual record, not the trumped up one.

  2. #222
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So no answer to the question? You defend Obama and the question is why do you ignore his record, his lack of leadership, his arrogance, and his American Idol mentality? What is it about Obama that creates people like you and that loyalty? I defended Bush because of the actual record, not the trumped up one.
    You can try to make this about me, but we know what you'll be doing in ten years. I haven't once defended Obama in this thread except in your head. I'd tell you to stop debating strawmen, but clearly that's about what you can handle.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #223
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So no answer to the question? You defend Obama and the question is why do you ignore his record, his lack of leadership, his arrogance, and his American Idol mentality? What is it about Obama that creates people like you and that loyalty? I defended Bush because of the actual record, not the trumped up one.
    Btw, you admitted, albeit unwillingly, that Obama had to clean up a mess.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    In 2009 Bibi said that he'd support a two state solution if Israel's conditions were met and Israel's security guaranteed. That has been unacceptable to the Arabs, so who is holding a hard line? If not for Arab aggression there would be peace in the region. Hamas has never wavered from their pledge to wipe Israel off the map. They have never really ceased their attacks against Israel. Any concession of territory on the part of Israel is just another step closer to that goal in Hamas' eyes and a surrendering of Israeli security for nothing.

    It has never really mattered how much any Israeli leader has wanted peace. If the price for peace is the destruction of Israel then they have no choice but to fight back.
    Thats correct, the Palestinians have said they dont want a two state solution, they want the dissolution of Israel. And our Petulant President is now getting spiteful...
    From Tel Aviv to Turtle Bay | Foreign Policy

  5. #225
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Btw, you admitted, albeit unwillingly, that Obama had to clean up a mess.
    What mess did Obama clean up? You seem to believe that the Obama economic policy which passed in February 2009 led to the end of a recession in June 2009 long before those shovels got to those shovel ready jobs. In fact most of those shovels are apparently still in route. You are like far too many Obama supporters incapable of researching data and only buying the rhetoric.

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Thats not any kind of answer
    thats just a dodge


    Israel is not America's responsibility, why do you seem programmed to automatically and unquestioningly think that it is ?
    No, this is a dodge ...



    And these are newspapers ...



    Pick one up and read it sometime.

    Since you won't do it I'll tell you that, in short, it's about having an ally who is surrounded by Countries that want to eliminate it ... and those same Countries want to eliminate yours and mine.
    IF SOMETHING EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, IT EXPLAINS NOTHING.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    No, this is a dodge ...



    And these are newspapers ...



    Pick one up and read it sometime.

    Since you won't do it I'll tell you that, in short, it's about having an ally who is surrounded by Countries that want to eliminate it ... and those same Countries want to eliminate yours and mine.
    And Netanyahu just upped the anti by taking the two state solution off the table. Much of the world views Gaza as a prison camp, the ongoing settlement expansions are illegal, nearly a hundred non binding (only because of continued protection from the US) resolutions have been passed against Israel, and every time Israel gets into a spat with its neighbors, it vastly overreacts and kills a disproportionate amount of civilians, not to mention the destruction of infrastructure, they violate the sovereignty of their neighbors regularly, in the case of Iran, assassinating civilian scientists, a violation of international law, in other cases, bombing runs to destroy nuclear programs because they might become weapons programs. Israeli provocations cause people to not like them.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Do you claim that people who criticize Israeli leaders are anti-Israel? Because that's the point. If criticizing Israeli leaders means someone is anti-Israel, would it not stand to reason that criticizing our American leader would make one anti-American?
    Sure they have, if not explicitly, then certainly implicitly. The post I quoted earlier is an example, amongst any others.
    No I didn't say that. You quoted what I said. I criticized our analogy.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    do you ever not straw man?

    Where the **** have I ever suggested that and where the **** did you get it?
    I wasn't even addressing that to you. Good grief, do you not understand how quoting works?

    Oh, and as for where I got it...just read Travis007 response. Which, of course, you already did because you liked it. So it's REALLY funny that you're still asking where I get that from, even though I was asking a legitimate question to someone who wasn't you.

    Can you answer the post instead of deflecting...for once.
    I already answered it. It's not my fault you didn't bother to read it and it's certainly not my fault you don't understand how quoting works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    what protocal? are you talking about our tax dollars going to support some lefty in Israel with Obama operatives on the ground busing in votes against Bibil I agree thats a REAL PROTOCAL BREACH..are you too partisasn to see that.. as you accuse others of "just being partisans"? the irony is over the top
    to be clear I dont care what you "mind" as your posts are always slanted in a left wing whack Code Pink way ...so your posts to me are just cryptic jew hate as always..you couch them cutely thinking you are "sly".. but I think many see through them...

    what is your complaint with Bibi.. say it.. stop the nonsense..
    Aww, that's cute. You won't answer the questions, but instead decide to do EXACTLY what I've already noted, except to an even greater extreme. Now, according to your post, one doesn't even have to criticize Israel to be called someone practicing "jew hate", they merely have to ask why you can't criticize Israel.

    I could not have made my own point better. Thank you for clearly defining my point. Have yourself a great day.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This post is full of irony. Chalk full.
    No it's not, unless you consider salient points ironic. Which isn't really the definition of irony, but I've seen you make up your own definitions of things so often it wouldn't surprise me to see you do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    There are those word games that distinguish you ... and have exposed you ... I said "value system" and YOU associated that with politics.
    Now THAT's disturbing ... and revealing.
    Amusing, but your deflection is too apparent.

    It's not your "values" which lead you to the conclusion it's okay to criticize one and not another. It's your politics. You're doing nothing more than toeing a party platform.

    A person with TRUE values, not influenced by childish partisanship, would say it's okay to criticize ANY government leader. Or they would say you show respect to every government leader. But not you. You say it's okay to criticize one but not another. Cloaking your obvious choice of distinction under the term "value system" doesn't change what you actually use to determine who can be criticized and who cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    At the present time with Barack "Hussein" Obama in office.....YES!
    That sounds downright unpatriotic to me.


    Fearandloathing
    Travis007
    US Conservative
    bubbabgone
    ObamacareFail


    ...you're right guys, obviously the idea it's okay to insult our President and not the right wing leader of Israel has NOTHING to do with partisan politics. Not at all.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 03-19-15 at 10:21 AM.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    No I didn't say that.
    Then you're free of the criticism I'm discussing.

    What I take issue with is the idea that criticizing a leader of a foreign country makes one anti that country, even as those very same people who take umbrage at the idea of foreign leader criticism seem to be the first to level the most hateful remarks about our leader. So my question was that if criticizing Israeli leaders makes one anti-Israel, does that mean criticizing our American leader makes one anti-America?

    My point is fairly obvious, which is that people who seem to take the greatest offense about criticism of Netanyahu are generally just partisan hacks, who don't really care about the fact they are our "ally", they just seem the opportunity for childish partisan attacks. But it disturbs me a little to see the alliance of some of these people is seemingly greater towards leaders of foreign countries than the leader of our own country.

    I don't care who the President is or from what party he comes. I may not agree with what the President does, but he is still our President and our greatest loyalty should always remain with our country and our leaders. Sometimes I think partisan hacks get so caught up in their partisanship, they tend to forget which side they truly are on.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •