Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 440

Thread: Netanyahu poised for 3rd straight term Israel PM after rival concedes[W:350:384]

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,610

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Neville Chamberlain alert..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-qCyYZRms

    and screw the long dead Chamberlain as he has nothing to do with this.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-qCyYZRms

    and screw the long dead Chamberlain as he has nothing to do with this.

    Hows Code Pink doing today? no video ?
    Last edited by Travis007; 03-18-15 at 05:12 PM.

  3. #163
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Do you claim that people who criticize Israeli leaders are anti-Israel? Because that's the point. If criticizing Israeli leaders means someone is anti-Israel, would it not stand to reason that criticizing our American leader would make one anti-American?
    Sure they have, if not explicitly, then certainly implicitly. The post I quoted earlier is an example, amongst any others.


    So you think it's okay for an ally to use us for personal political purposes? You think it is okay for an ally to disregard accepted protocol? You think it's okay for an ally to interfere with our political affairs? If Obama invited Iranian leaders to America to lecture Congress on the dangers of Israel, would you be okay with that?

    I have this sneaking suspicion your position on this is completely partisan and the only reason you're okay with foreign leaders interfering with domestic disputes is because of your political lean. I find such a thing quite disturbing, as it suggests your allegiance is not with your country, but rather with your political party.
    President Obama is the President. Whether you agree with his policies or not, the office deserves your respect, even if you do not agree with a single thing he says.

    So, in other words...your decision about who should be criticized is not based upon any actual moral code, but rather who aligns with the politics you believe in. Which, as I just said to another poster, is quite disturbing because it suggests your allegiance is not with the United States, but rather your political party.


    To be clear to both you and FIL, I do not mind legitimate criticism of any President or any governmental leader. We have a right to express our displeasure with our government. And, most importantly, expressing displeasure with our government leaders does not make one un-American. But, on the flip side, expressing displeasure with the actions of an ally, does not mean we are against said ally. Anyone can criticize Israel and its government, and to say they cannot is absurd. But, even more importantly, claiming one is anti-ally because of said criticism is nothing more than childish partisanship and there is no use for it in reasonable and mature discussion.


    do you ever not straw man?

    Where the **** have I ever suggested that and where the **** did you get it?

    Can you answer the post instead of deflecting...for once.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Do you claim that people who criticize Israeli leaders are anti-Israel? Because that's the point. If criticizing Israeli leaders means someone is anti-Israel, would it not stand to reason that criticizing our American leader would make one anti-American?
    Sure they have, if not explicitly, then certainly implicitly. The post I quoted earlier is an example, amongst any others.


    So you think it's okay for an ally to use us for personal political purposes? You think it is okay for an ally to disregard accepted protocol? You think it's okay for an ally to interfere with our political affairs? If Obama invited Iranian leaders to America to lecture Congress on the dangers of Israel, would you be okay with that?

    I have this sneaking suspicion your position on this is completely partisan and the only reason you're okay with foreign leaders interfering with domestic disputes is because of your political lean. I find such a thing quite disturbing, as it suggests your allegiance is not with your country, but rather with your political party.
    President Obama is the President. Whether you agree with his policies or not, the office deserves your respect, even if you do not agree with a single thing he says.

    So, in other words...your decision about who should be criticized is not based upon any actual moral code, but rather who aligns with the politics you believe in. Which, as I just said to another poster, is quite disturbing because it suggests your allegiance is not with the United States, but rather your political party.


    To be clear to both you and FIL, I do not mind legitimate criticism of any President or any governmental leader. We have a right to express our displeasure with our government. And, most importantly, expressing displeasure with our government leaders does not make one un-American. But, on the flip side, expressing displeasure with the actions of an ally, does not mean we are against said ally. Anyone can criticize Israel and its government, and to say they cannot is absurd. But, even more importantly, claiming one is anti-ally because of said criticism is nothing more than childish partisanship and there is no use for it in reasonable and mature discussion.
    what protocal? are you talking about our tax dollars going to support some lefty in Israel with Obama operatives on the ground busing in votes against Bibil I agree thats a REAL PROTOCAL BREACH..are you too partisasn to see that.. as you accuse others of "just being partisans"? the irony is over the top
    to be clear I dont care what you "mind" as your posts are always slanted in a left wing whack Code Pink way ...so your posts to me are just cryptic jew hate as always..you couch them cutely thinking you are "sly".. but I think many see through them...

    what is your complaint with Bibi.. say it.. stop the nonsense..
    Last edited by Travis007; 03-18-15 at 05:27 PM.

  5. #165
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Lets keep it that way with him and his fighting for what they think is important. Just leave us out of it.
    Oh OK so as it has always been then?

    Glad to see you have come around and seem to at least, admit you were wrong with all the hysteria about America and my kids fighting Israel's wars.


    In future, save that kind of baiting for children OK?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,610

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh OK so as it has always been then?

    Glad to see you have come around and seem to at least, admit you were wrong with all the hysteria about America and my kids fighting Israel's wars.


    In future, save that kind of baiting for children OK?
    I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are trying to spin this to save face.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #167
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    what protocal? are you talking about our tax dollars going to support some lefty in Israel with Obama operatives on the ground busing in votes against Bibil I agree thats a REAL PROTOCAL BREACH..a re you too partisasn to see that as you accuse others of "just being partisans"

    to be clear I dont care what you "mind" as your posts are always slanted in a left wing whack Code Pink way ...so your posts to me are just cryptic jew hate as always..you couch them cutely thinking you are "sly".. but I think many see through them...

    what is your complaint with Bibi.. say it.. stop the nonsense..

    The complaint is whatever Obama says this week......
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The complaint is whatever Obama says this week......
    no doubt.. but "hes not a partisan " ....

    he still has not said a word but written a book..and the only thing I glean is that "anyone who supports Bibi is anti american since they support him and dont not support him ...and they have taken shots at Obama so how dare they"..

    this is lib "nuancing" 101...

  9. #169
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are trying to spin this to save face.
    So you are still insisting Israel needs the US to fight Arabs?

    Yeah, that I could see......

    I guess being a political consultant and "chief of staff" taught you all that
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #170
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Netanyahu poised for third straight term as Israel PM after chief rival concedes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are trying to spin this to save face.
    I believe he is referring to YOUR reference that you don't want your children fighting Israel's wars. He has already pointed out that only Israelis fight Israel's wars, so maybe that will give you an idea of exactly what he's referring to. Just trying to help because you obviously need some.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •