Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victory

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The 2nd most dangerous person in the world did this after visiting our GOP and getting advice from them on how to
    run a race-baiting campaign as well as appealing to the most far-right extremists elements in Israel with his two-state evolving.

    The same elements who have stated they want apartheid and will be in baby's coalition.
    You know, that loyalty oath thing.

    Plus the dude who wants to behead regular Palestinian citizens.
    Is that to say that he changed his position on Palestinian statehood, and it bumped his numbers up?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Why should the Israelis support a two state solution? we supported it since WW2 because the two state solution was the Brits Idea, and we didn't want to interfere, then they discovered oil in the Middle east and we didn't want to upset the power that goat herders who whip rape victims for being raped found with the worlds most valuable resource, now we frack frack frack away and Shia moslems who supported the Palestinians are fighting the Holy War against the Sunni and the palesitinians are being lazy griping about Israel and not fighting ISIS so they've become irrelevant.

    if Israel is to eschew the two state non-solution now is the time and good for them for taking it. it was never a workable idea, if the Jews want a Jewish homeland whats the point in integrating a moslem province when 99% of the middle east is already predominantly moslem? especially when the moslems have proven time and time again to be a fifth column in their society?

    the Israelis are not unwelcoming, the Circassians live in Israel and serve in the IDF and so do the Druze, (btw no one in the international community is agitating for a Circassian homeland or a two state solution in central Europe to take them back)
    Nevermind the fact that periodically groups from the west bank and gaza strip launch indiscriminate attacks into Israel.
    And even still the largest population of free democratic arabs in the middle east actually picked up seats in the election.

  3. #23
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Nevermind the fact that periodically groups from the west bank and gaza strip launch indiscriminate attacks into Israel.
    And even still the largest population of free democratic arabs in the middle east actually picked up seats in the election.
    I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Israel, I think we've suffered greatly for our support of them, they've made messes we've had to fix, and even militarily attacked us on one occasion (forum rules prohibit me from giving my full opinion on what happened there)

    however, I don't fault them, they're inhabited by people with lineage to living survivors of a genocide, and frankly allowing a Palestinian state makes no sense when compared to their objectives of a jewish homeland. why is supporting a two party state in their best interests? because that's our official policy, but the reasons for that policy have long since expired, and there is no political will to stop supplying Israel weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Israel, I think we've suffered greatly for our support of them, they've made messes we've had to fix, and even militarily attacked us on one occasion (forum rules prohibit me from giving my full opinion on what happened there)

    however, I don't fault them, they're inhabited by people with lineage to living survivors of a genocide, and frankly allowing a Palestinian state makes no sense when compared to their objectives of a jewish homeland. why is supporting a two party state in their best interests? because that's our official policy, but the reasons for that policy have long since expired, and there is no political will to stop supplying Israel weapons.
    I understand your view, and think we are both thinking of the same attack you referred to. We should always hold our allies to a standard, blind support is unacceptable- in the case of Israel, I see them as a valuable strategic ally in a very hostile region of the world-even if they need us more than we need them.

    IIRC, arab states actually expelled as many Jews as the Jews expelled or relocated, and while Israel accepted those Jews, many of those surrounding states have not accepted the Palestinians.

    I do not see American-Israeli relations improving over the remainder of Obama's term, he's burned too many bridges there, but I hope to see an improvement down the road.

  5. #25
    Progressive Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Anglosphere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,149
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    And the US continues its Israeli election-rigging streak. Israel is doomed.
    "It's a big club, and you ain't in it! The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged. It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it..." - George Carlin

  6. #26
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    And the US continues its Israeli election-rigging streak. Israel is doomed.
    how did we rig your election?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #27
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Not really any of my business since Im not Isreali but its interesting to see that the Arab coalition is now the third largest party in Isreal- they are the one hope for long term peace in that area.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Not really any of my business since Im not Isreali but its interesting to see that the Arab coalition is now the third largest party in Isreal- they are the one hope for long term peace in that area.
    Yes, that was a very pleasant surprise for me as well.

    Yup, forget hard-line, right wing, Israeli ding dongs who seem to hate or fear everything that is not Jewish. They are dinosaurs or idiots or just emotionally unstable. Hate and fear get you no where in the end.

    Imo, if Israel has a peaceful, long term future, it is with an Arab-Jewish coalition running the country...not hate-filled, right wing, fear mongers like Natanyahu who act like 21'st century religious versions of Apartheid.

  9. #29
    Progressive Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Anglosphere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,149
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    how did we rig your election?
    The Inside Story of U.S. Meddling in Israel's Elections

    The U.S. meddling in foreign elections is nothing new. I am also from the U.S.
    "It's a big club, and you ain't in it! The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged. It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it..." - George Carlin

  10. #30
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victo

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    The Inside Story of U.S. Meddling in Israel's Elections

    The U.S. meddling in foreign elections is nothing new. I am also from the U.S.
    The US meddles in Isreali elections and vice versa- in the US the GOP is pretty much Bibi's lapdog and AIPAC controls Congress.

    And this man controls them all: Sheldon Adelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •