Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations[W:84]

  1. #31
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,316

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Considering his is now the least transparent. It would appear so. I doubt that there's any leftists here that enjoy being lied to. But not unlike republicans, their party loyalty trumps truth and justice!
    Is that why leftist websites are so uncivil and sneering, cause truth and justice require it?

  2. #32
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Is that why leftist websites are so uncivil and sneering, cause truth and justice require it?
    Oh for crying out loud, they're all uncivil and sneering.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #33
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I wouldn't know

    I base my ideology in truth and can see through lies from Politicians pretty quickly.

    It would appear, the Democrats have raised the bar with this administration on both lies and corruption.
    I've noticed your 20/20 vision when spotting a democratic politician lying, your quite talented at that. I think your sight is a bit compromised when it comes to spotting a lying republican.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #34
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    “While there is always more work to be done, our record demonstrates this Administration’s commitment to transparency is second to none,” the White House said.*
    Most delusional administration in history.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The bolded is deceptive and out of context. This practice, says your link, began during the Bush administration. Blame the court if you don't like this
    Based on his comments in the OP, it doesn't appear that he dislikes the practice itself, but rather the hypocrisy of Obama running in 2008 in part on the notion of planning to be an extremely transparent administration and routinely attacking his predecessor for a lack of transparency. Said attack on the hypocrisy is not countered by going "Bush did it too".

    If I convince a girl that her last boyfriend was bad because he cheated on her and that I won't do that in order to get her to date me....and then I cheat on her...a response of "Well yeah, but your last boyfriend cheated on you too!" isn't really an excuse.

  6. #36
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Thank GOD we can blame Bush for this!
    That and the tax cuts.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Based on his comments in the OP, it doesn't appear that he dislikes the practice itself, but rather the hypocrisy of Obama running in 2008 in part on the notion of planning to be an extremely transparent administration and routinely attacking his predecessor for a lack of transparency. Said attack on the hypocrisy is not countered by going "Bush did it too".

    If I convince a girl that her last boyfriend was bad because he cheated on her and that I won't do that in order to get her to date me....and then I cheat on her...a response of "Well yeah, but your last boyfriend cheated on you too!" isn't really an excuse.
    You'll get no disagreement from me on Obama's false advertising in 2008 regarding transparency. I've been hugely critical of it. There's another thing he promised. Improved protections for whistleblowers. In fact, he's prosecuted more of them than his predecessors.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #38
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Based on his comments in the OP, it doesn't appear that he dislikes the practice itself, but rather the hypocrisy of Obama running in 2008 in part on the notion of planning to be an extremely transparent administration and routinely attacking his predecessor for a lack of transparency. Said attack on the hypocrisy is not countered by going "Bush did it too".

    If I convince a girl that her last boyfriend was bad because he cheated on her and that I won't do that in order to get her to date me....and then I cheat on her...a response of "Well yeah, but your last boyfriend cheated on you too!" isn't really an excuse.
    That's fine, and I agree with that. But quoting the article out of context is no way to put that across, especially in a way that completely removes the previous administration from the equation altogether.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #39
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's fine, and I agree with that. But quoting the article out of context is no way to put that across, especially in a way that completely removes the previous administration from the equation altogether.
    Hi Kobie.

    Shouldn't we be judging administrations on their own merits instead of looking back to see how we can justify wrongs?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #40
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: White House office to delete its FOIA regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hi Kobie.

    Shouldn't we be judging administrations on their own merits instead of looking back to see how we can justify wrongs?
    Well, I haven't tried to justify any wrongs by anyone, so bark up another tree.

    You really don't think quoting out of context to demonize one administration and leaving out the previous one, who did the SAME THING, is a little disingenuous?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •