Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 644

Thread: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Are you suggesting that equal damage could be done with sharp pencils as an AR15? If you are, then you're not intelligent enough to discuss this with.
    Just the opposite. Thats why I said "Adam Lanza running around trying to stab teachers carrying a box of number 2 yellow pencils and a spare sharpener probably wouldnt have had the same results as was seen with easy access to an AR15, handguns, a shotgun, and boxes and boxes of ammo." Im glad you saw how silly that point was as well.

  2. #62
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Protection from frivolous lawsuits and crooked lawyers is a good thing.

    It is all about the money.
    Is it not about money when y'all scream about taxes or cutting benefits to the poor or wanting corporations to be considered people so they can finance the wingnut agenda?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #63
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Just the opposite. Thats why I said "Adam Lanza running around trying to stab teachers carrying a box of number 2 yellow pencils and a spare sharpener probably wouldnt have had the same results as was seen with easy access to an AR15, handguns, a shotgun, and boxes and boxes of ammo." Im glad you saw how silly that point was as well.
    I must've misread, my bad and my apologies.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  4. #64
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I must've misread, my bad and my apologies.
    No worries and accepted.

  5. #65
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Oh my you look at one possible aspect and disregard all the rest? Moronic at best. A person with pencils is easier to stop, less likely to cause death, will have to take waaaay more time to kill multiple individuals, etc.
    if you want to not discuss this particular incident but aim at a more general rule, then the concept is the same. If you are responsible for what someone else does with your property after they steal it from you, then you are responsible for what someone does with your property after they steal it from you.

  6. #66
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    if you want to not discuss this particular incident but aim at a more general rule, then the concept is the same. If you are responsible for what someone else does with your property after they steal it from you, then you are responsible for what someone does with your property after they steal it from you.
    I've always said the problem with conservatives is that they think the world revolves around simple math as you present here. Truth is, the world revolves around complex algebra with many variables. A gun is not the same as pencils. Taking an unsecured gun from a parent, is not stealing in the same way that stealing is usually considered, and so on. Simple math might make y'all feel better about your ignorance of reality, but it's still ignorance of reality nonetheless.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #67
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I've always said the problem with conservatives is that they think the world revolves around simple math as you present here. Truth is, the world revolves around complex algebra with many variables.
    I've always said that the problem with Liberals is that they think that the world is so complex that it must be run by their feelings, when in fact it is so complex as to require a series of self-arising feedback mechanisms....

    .... I mean, if we're going to swap meaningless statements' whose purpose is simply to attempt to tacitly or through implication denigrate each other....

    A gun is not the same as pencils. Taking an unsecured gun from a parent, is not stealing in the same way that stealing is usually considered, and so on
    On the contrary. Taking someone else's property that they did not grant you permission to take and which you do not have a right to take is indeed stealing. Simply saying "oh it's different" and "it's complex" is merely another way of saying "I feel differently about it" an "but I can't explain it in a way that makes logical sense and would hold up to cross-examination."

  8. #68
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I've always said that the problem with Liberals is that they think that the world is so complex that it must be run by their feelings, when in fact it is so complex as to require a series of self-arising feedback mechanisms....

    .... I mean, if we're going to swap meaningless statements' whose purpose is simply to attempt to tacitly or through implication denigrate each other....



    On the contrary. Taking someone else's property that they did not grant you permission to take and which you do not have a right to take is indeed stealing. Simply saying "oh it's different" and "it's complex" is merely another way of saying "I feel differently about it" an "but I can't explain it in a way that makes logical sense and would hold up to cross-examination."
    You can accuse most liberals of worrying about "feelings," I agree. But you should know better by now that I am a heartless bitch.
    Sorry, but I've rarely seen anyone suggest that using something of a parent's that was not secured in a home they had legal access to as being "stealing" unless or until something bad occurs due to the use of the item.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #69
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    You can accuse most liberals of worrying about "feelings," I agree. But you should know better by now that I am a heartless bitch.
    Sorry, but I've rarely seen anyone suggest that using something of a parent's that was not secured in a home they had legal access to as being "stealing" unless or until something bad occurs due to the use of the item.
    if they take it, it is stealing. Sadly, people steal from parents, step-parents, and the like all the time .

  10. #70
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    if they take it, it is stealing. Sadly, people steal from parents, step-parents, and the like all the time .
    Whatever rationale you have to blow up your own ass to let careless parents off the hook for the damage caused by their carelessness.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •