Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 644

Thread: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

  1. #611
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No just the use of their common sense
    Maybe true in England, but debatable elsewhere.

  2. #612
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Ah, so now you salivate about the fact that gun owners won't accept the murder of their numbers, will rightfully rebel, and you get to slaughter even more?

    That thought just fills your heart with glee, doesn't it?

    Nice.
    What was clearly NOT nice was you reproduced by post as a mere excuse to attack me again and present a skewed and biased viewpoint that I never wrote in any post without even answering the very direct question posed to you.

    So try again. So how would you want the authorities to handle armed violent rebellion?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #613
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What was clearly NOT nice was you reproduced by post as a mere excuse to attack me again and present a skewed and biased viewpoint that I never wrote in any post without even answering the very direct question posed to you.

    So try again. So how would you want the authorities to handle armed violent rebellion?
    If you look at the recent responses to my posts they really have no answers to the most pertinate questions. They really don't want to address the realities their lethal fetish poses for your wider society and given the scale of denial evidenced here that is indeed disturbing.

  4. #614
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If you look at the recent responses to my posts they really have no answers to the most pertinate questions. They really don't want to address the realities their lethal fetish poses for your wider society and given the scale of denial evidenced here that is indeed disturbing.
    If you are going to stay here posting in gun threads you perhaps should get used to that. Its pretty much the same standard stuff over and over and over again no matter what the actual subject is.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #615
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If you are going to stay here posting in gun threads you perhaps should get used to that. Its pretty much the same standard stuff over and over and over again no matter what the actual subject is.
    Don't start dancing for joy - there will be no appreciable change in US gun laws, as it should be.

  6. #616
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Don't start dancing for joy - there will be no appreciable change in US gun laws, as it should be.
    Oh I completely agree that there will be no appreciable change in US gun laws.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #617
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,632

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Because some are far more easily preventable than others with firearms deaths being perhaps the easiest of all given the UK example . Its this unwillingness by US firearm disciples to acknowledge that fact that makes them collectively culpable for your horrendous firearms stats



    The guns most criminals now have were doubtless legally owned once upon a time so you are blaming the symptom and not the cause



    By shooting people ?



    I suspect your fear of crime is vastly greater than the actuality of it.
    Your premise is wrong in that you think that correlation equal causation. Yes.. Great Britain and Australia have lower "gun deaths"... you erroneously assume that its because of gun laws.. when its not.

    If gun laws were as effective as you claim.. then Mexico.. with a strict gun control law.. should be a mecca of peace.. but its not.

  8. #618
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Your premise is wrong in that you think that correlation equal causation. Yes.. Great Britain and Australia have lower "gun deaths"... you erroneously assume that its because of gun laws.. when its not.

    If gun laws were as effective as you claim.. then Mexico.. with a strict gun control law.. should be a mecca of peace.. but its not.
    Mexico's major problem is its corruption combined with its proximity to the 300 million freely available guns in the US

    Guns from U.S. flood into Mexico - Democratic Underground

  9. #619
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Mexico's major problem is its corruption combined with its proximity to the 300 million freely available guns in the US

    Guns from U.S. flood into Mexico - Democratic Underground
    I was hoping that was a link to fast and furious.

    Supplied my own. ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #620
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,632

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Mexico's major problem is its corruption combined with its proximity to the 300 million freely available guns in the US

    Guns from U.S. flood into Mexico - Democratic Underground
    SO... then its proof positive that gun control does not work...

    By the way.
    How about Brazil?
    if
    The fact is that there a tons of countries with very strict gun laws.. and high violent crime rates. Gun control has very little correlation with lower crime rates. Heck.. if you look at Great Britain and overall violent crime.. they are statistically worse than we are. Despite draconian gun laws.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •