Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 644

Thread: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

  1. #431
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    We all already know that you wouldn't have a gun in your house. You're anti-gun. And you know that not having a gun in the house isn't reflective of what we are talking about. All that you did was try to evade answering a simple question honestly. Because of this there is only one possible conclusion.

    You don't want to admit that you would not accept responsibility and that it would be wrong for someone to sue you for such.
    Yes I believe the estate of the deceased should be sued for reckless criminal endangerment because clearly that domestic arsenal was not secure enough. Is that clear enough for you ?

  2. #432
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If we ran a poll to see who believes haymarket is pro-gun, I couldn't imagine getting more than one yes vote.
    Read

    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Learn

    Try to avoid that in the future.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #433
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Read

    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Learn

    Try to avoid that in the future.
    Nah, I'm pretty certain of the outcome. But thanks anyway.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #434
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    That is you're own logic being used against you Haymarket.
    The person failed to print any quotes from me showing I said what they claim I believe or said.

    That involves NO USE OF LOGIC. Its all evidence or the lack of it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #435
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty certain of the outcome. But thanks anyway.
    If you read the article exposing the failings of the tactic you advocate, you will see that such a poll tells you nothing factual.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #436
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If you read the article exposing the failings of the tactic you advocate, you will see that such a poll tells you nothing factual.
    It will provide a statistical measure based on a local population. Plenty sufficient for DP.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #437
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It will provide a statistical measure based on a local population. Plenty sufficient for DP.
    You're having a tough time staying on topic

  8. #438
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It will provide a statistical measure based on a local population. Plenty sufficient for DP.
    Especially when DP gun threads are mostly composed of an extremely narrow and ideologically skewed population who who absolutely no interest in any actual facts or objectivity but use these threads simply to control and promote opinion that they approve of.

    No wonder you want to take a poll on what such true believers believe about their perceived enemy!
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #439
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The continued comparison of cars and firearms is employing the fallacy of False Equivalency.
    No it's not, it works very well so people had to invent reasons to avoid confronting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #440
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No it's not, it works very well so people had to invent reasons to avoid confronting it.
    No it works very well for gun nuts who want to avoid confronting the consequences of their bizarre fetish for the wider society. All developed nations have auto casualties (they are an unavoidable fact of modern life) but none remotely approach the US in firearms casualties. It is quite unique in that regard

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •