Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 644

Thread: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother[W:52]

  1. #141
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It certainly can be depending on the situation and the facts involved.
    Again with the dodge.

    It's a very simple question that requires only a "yes" or a "no" answer.

    Is killing a synonym for murder?

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It certainly can be depending on the situation and the facts involved.

    The thesaurus says it is

    Kill Synonyms, Kill Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
    You need to visit the Abortion forum and share this theory.

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You need to visit the Abortion forum and share this theory.
    not in a million years.

    Its more than enough making occasional forays into gun threads.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Again with the dodge.

    It's a very simple question that requires only a "yes" or a "no" answer.

    Is killing a synonym for murder?
    see post 140 where I provided just what you asked for with verifiable evidence showing that MURDER and KILL are synonyms of each other.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Why does that matter? People sue when family members are injured or killed. This is no different. Unless you're arguing that only the injured person can sue someone and not next if kin.
    Mostly I am saying this is a political stunt.

  6. #146
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    see post 140 where I provided just what you asked for with verifiable evidence showing that MURDER and KILL are synonyms of each other.
    Verifiable evidence.

    Here it is ladies and gentleman! The cornerstone of the case to sue gun manufacturers is that the guns were designed specifically to MURDER people!

    Good luck with that. If some schmuck like me can destroy that line of attack with one simple question that you have to lie through your teeth to "answer", what do you think would happen in a courtroom with real professionals?

    You can't MURDER a duck or a deer or a target.

  7. #147
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Sandy Hoax? Could be.
    It seems to me they really tipped their hand by sending the police all the way to Florida to intimidate Halbig. If the story is so solid, why would they make that effort?

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Verifiable evidence.

    Here it is ladies and gentleman! The cornerstone of the case to sue gun manufacturers is that the guns were designed specifically to MURDER people!

    Good luck with that. If some schmuck like me can destroy that line of attack with one simple question that you have to lie through your teeth to "answer", what do you think would happen in a courtroom with real professionals?

    You can't MURDER a duck or a deer or a target.
    So when you posed the question to me about if MURDER and KILLING were synonyms for each other - you really did not want an authoritative answer and were just trolling and looking for a fight.

    Got it.

    Sorry that the thesaurus says I am correct and you are wrong.

    You should stop the phony sham of pretending to ask questions if you cannot handle the answers.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #149
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So when you posed the question to me about if MURDER and KILLING were synonyms for each other - you really did not want an authoritative answer and were just trolling and looking for a fight.

    Got it.

    Sorry that the thesaurus says I am correct and you are wrong.

    You should stop the phony sham of pretending to ask questions if you cannot handle the answers.
    And now you are reduced to arguing minutia.

    ...and FWIW, this isn't a "phoney sham". Your line of reasoning was built on a lie and I simply exposed it with very little effort. Something that I'm very happy to do whenever I have a little time to... murder.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Sandy Hook families sue estate of shooter's mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    And now you are reduced to arguing minutia.

    ...and FWIW, this isn't a "phoney sham". Your line of reasoning was built on a lie and I simply exposed it with very little effort. Something that I'm very happy to do whenever I have a little time to... murder.
    Not at all. You asked me a direct question and I gave you a very specific answer using verifiable evidence from a thesaurus.

    The only thing you help "expose" was that I was correct in saying firearms were invented for killing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •