Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 321

Thread: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

  1. #61
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, he was not born in the area under our control.
    I didn't know Hawaii was in a state of rebellion in 1961. Do go on...
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  2. #62
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So what is he then?
    Many people who claim Obama isn't Black are the same ones who claim Obama benefited from Affirmative Action.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Briiliant? Seriously? LMAO
    I like all the hateful responses, with absolutely nothing to back them up. We have years of Obama abusing us, the Constitution and just being plain stupid that makes it clear where he is on the spectrum.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #64
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,795

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I didn't know Hawaii was in a state of rebellion in 1961. Do go on...
    Why do you continually focus on that which was not said.

    That is very odd behavior.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  5. #65
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    He says sentences you agree with and throws in the word freedom.

    That doesn't make him any better than Obama.
    At least he is a person that defends our personal freedoms and the Constitution. I wonder if Obama has ever said anything supporting individual freedoms.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #66
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,779
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    At least he is a person that defends our personal freedoms and the Constitution.
    Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, return to our founding values, respect the constitution, freedom, freedom, freedom.

    That's the gist of his speeches, doesn't mean he'll actually do it and doesn't mean he does it now.

    His opposition to Net Neutrality speaks volumes about where his allegiances lie... and they're not to average folk I can tell you.

    His dad is even worse, I've watched his dad publicly mock evolution and tell the most heinous lies about gays... says volumes about how Ted must have been raised.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,795

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    His opposition to Net Neutrality speaks volumes about where his allegiances lie... and they're not to average folk I can tell you.

    He wasn't opposed to actual neutrality which we already had. He was opposed to the FCC changing it's classification to a Title II Utility.
    There is a big difference.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #68
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,379

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What do you base that on? I've heard him speak on the subject, he is, without a doubt, very knowledgeable. I believe he's argued cases in front of the Supreme Court.
    I've heard his speak as well. THAT is what I base it on. He doesn't have a clue what the Constitution is about. If he did, he wouldn't take the wacko position he does on so many things. just because you may have argued a case before the Supreme Court does not make one a Constitutional scholar.

  9. #69
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 02:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I do think that McCain was eligible. I think Cruz is too. So am I.


    Cruz should make it his campaign slogan. "Ted Cruz - Legally eligible for the Presidency."
    they are both eligible. But I wouldn't vote for them. And since they both signed that stupid letter to Iran, neither of them should win.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,795

    Re: Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    they are both eligible.
    No they are not. They are not natural born Citizens.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •