Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 149

Thread: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You say this now. I bet you think the ACA was only half right in fixing things too, needs more government.
    Without net neutrality in place, DebatePolitics might be threatened as one proposed anti-neutrality plan would require websites to pay fees for faster service which means DP would have to raise even more money, perhaps too much money, to run at an adequate speed. That example alone should let you know how important net neutrality is. People who don't understand that importance are either idiots or jerks, like I said.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Without net neutrality in place, DebatePolitics might be threatened as one proposed anti-neutrality plan would require websites to pay fees for faster service which means DP would have to raise even more money, perhaps too much money, to run at an adequate speed. That example alone should let you know how important net neutrality is. People who don't understand that importance are either idiots or jerks, like I said.
    Because DP is a BANDWIDTH INTENSE SITE! right? Please, spare us the cockamamie bull****. The Net Neutrality was a power grab by bureacrats and the fools cheering it on have no clue how bad this move is gonna screw them over. the worst part is, all you sheep will do, five years from now as this stupid mucks up the web? Demand more government.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    I won't argue with someone who has to perform mental gymnastics to defend something that has been debunked and proven wrong. Have a good one.
    what gymnastics? what part dont ya get? its an keeping open ended situation that will be back loaded just like Obamacare..and they can pick and choose winners

    Excon is 100% right
    Last edited by Travis007; 03-13-15 at 01:30 PM.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Now that the document is actually available to the public, Ted Cruz's supporters can show us where the taxes are. Better yet, they can show us where it says the government will take control of the internet. Better yet, they can show us what makes these rules similar in anyway to ObamaCare. Or they can show how the concept of net neutrality as stated here is Obamacare. Don't expect anything other than the parsing of words like "for now".
    You show me how this close ended and they say "there will never be taxes"

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    only a fool thinks this isnt a power grab to a system that was not broken..what was going to happen was more competition to keep prices lower...

    Obama knows best.. nobody is as smart as that community organizer.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The words mean there is nothing there for now. So, for now CM pancake is correct. And it means those who panicked like Cruz and Paul were wrong. While the words may leave a door open, as this is a changing word, it doesn't mean it will happen.
    "for now"...

    and you can keep you Dr and see huge savings.. LOL...

    when will people learn that liberals are nto for freedom or ANYTHING...

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Because DP is a BANDWIDTH INTENSE SITE! right? Please, spare us the cockamamie bull****. The Net Neutrality was a power grab by bureacrats and the fools cheering it on have no clue how bad this move is gonna screw them over. the worst part is, all you sheep will do, five years from now as this stupid mucks up the web? Demand more government.
    Who said anything about bandwidth intensity? I'm talking about ISPs charging sites for faster speeds or greater access to their clients just because they can. Like I said, only idiots and jerks don't endorse net neutrality. And, to be frank, I find the distrust of government that your argument is based on to be irrational. I don't trust the government either, but I also don't trust corporations like Comcast and Verizon. There needs to be balance between the two. As far as I'm concerned, net neutrality solidifies that balance and the only thing you can say to challenge that is "wait for it". That's not a compelling argument. Hell, that wasn't even a compelling argument for the research papers I had to write in 1st grade.

  8. #28
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,947
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    what gymnastics? what part dont ya get? its an keeping open ended situation that will be back loaded just like Obamacare..and they can pick and choose winners

    Excon is 100% right
    Excon was wrong, and so were so many others. Either adapt to reality or adapt to becoming as mocked and ridiculed as a Conspiracy Theorist. Because quite honestly a few members in the anti-Net Neutrality crowd are channeling their inner tin-foil hats with this wild, baseless claims with no evidence to back them up. You were wrong, be a man and admit you were wrong and move on.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Where's my free Internet?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Because DP is a BANDWIDTH INTENSE SITE! right? Please, spare us the cockamamie bull****. The Net Neutrality was a power grab by bureacrats and the fools cheering it on have no clue how bad this move is gonna screw them over. the worst part is, all you sheep will do, five years from now as this stupid mucks up the web? Demand more government.
    Holy hell, talk about overreacting.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •