Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

  1. #101
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I am ok with it being charged. But I also stated that I believed that exemptions were possible.

    The FCC is using such an exemption. So, they are "required" but "not required" is your argument? Ok then. You claim they will eventually charge it, but I see no evidence of that.
    Clearly you are not paying attention to what they even recognized, it is a "requirement".

    As previously pointed out the law only allows for one exemption, and that is if the carriers contribution would be "de minimis".

    This isn't an exemption. It is a temporary hold in applying what is "required" until other matters are settled.


    Again;
    Read what was said and learn.

    Para 488 - page 235
    or if you prefer, Scribe.


    488. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for now we do forbear in part from the first sentence of section 254(d) and our associated rules insofar as they would immediately require new universal service contributions associated with broadband Internet access service. The first sentence of section 254(d) authorizes the Commission to impose universal service contributions requirements on telecommunications carriers—and, indeed, goes even further to require “[e]very telecommunications carrier that provides interstate telecommunications services” to contribute.1469 Under that provision and our implementing rules, providers are required to make federal universal service support contributions for interstate telecommunications services, which now would include broadband Internet access service by virtue of the classification decision in this order. 1470

    489. Consistent with our analysis of TRS contributions above, we note that on one hand, newly applying universal service contribution requirements on broadband Internet access service potentially could spread the base of contributions to the universal service fund, providing at least some benefit to customers of other services that contribute, and potentially also to the stability of the universal service fund through the broadening of the contribution base. We note, however, that the Commission has sought comment on a wide range of issues regarding how contributions should be assessed, including whether to continue to assess contributions based on revenues or to adopt alternative methodologies for determining contribution obligations.1471 We therefore conclude that limited forbearance is warranted at the present time in order to allow the Commission to consider the issues presented based on a full record in that docket.1472
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #102
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Required and exempted, yes. That's what I said. They want to further investigate the issue. They can elect to continue the forbearance. Will they? Who knows. Given the political fallout, I wouldn't be shocked if they leave that indefinitely.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Required and exempted, yes. That's what I said. They want to further investigate the issue. They can elect to continue the forbearance. Will they? Who knows. Given the political fallout, I wouldn't be shocked if they leave that indefinitely.

    Wrong.
    It was not exempted.
    It was postponed until other issues are settled.
    Did you really not understand what they said?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #104
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Wrong.
    It was not exempted.
    It was postponed until other issues are settled.
    Did you really not understand what they said?
    Do you really not understand? Yes, they want to look at other issues. The idea that they are guaranteed to do it is incorrect. They might look at those other issues and decided that applying the USF tax is unwarranted.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you really not understand? Yes, they want to look at other issues. The idea that they are guaranteed to do it is incorrect. They might look at those other issues and decided that applying the USF tax is unwarranted.
    Clearly you have no clue as to what you speak.
    And it is clear you did not read the order or the portion I provided for you. Either that or you simply do not understand what it says.

    It is a requirement. They told you that. More importantly, the law tells you that.
    It is temporarily on hold till the Commissioner considers the other matters.
    Yes it is guaranteed to be implemented, as it is "required", by law, which the FCC can not change.
    And as previously pointed out, the only exemption is in regards to the contribution being "de minimis", which is not going to happen. Especially given what order already pointed out they will be considering.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #106
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Clearly you have no clue as to what you speak.
    And it is clear you did not read the order or the portion I provided for you. Either that or you simply do not understand what it says.

    It is a requirement. They told you that. More importantly, the law tells you that.
    It is temporarily on hold till the Commissioner considers the other matters.
    Yes it is guaranteed to be implemented, as it is "required", by law, which the FCC can not change.
    And as previously pointed out, the only exemption is in regards to the contribution being "de minimis", which is not going to happen. Especially given what order already pointed out they will be considering.
    If they have to put it in, why are they not putting it in now?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If they have to put it in, why are they not putting it in now?
    Really?

    You want to argue in circles?

    They already told you it is a temporary hold and why it is a temporary hold. Read the order.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #108
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Really?

    You want to argue in circles?

    They already told you it is a temporary hold and why it is a temporary hold. Read the order.
    And all those other title II regs they're skipping, is all that temporary too?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And all those other title II regs they're skipping, is all that temporary too?

    Regs are not laws.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: F.C.C. Sets Net Neutrality Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Yes we have too. The fee is required.
    We? I pay no fee.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •