Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 178

Thread: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle Obama

  1. #51
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes, why would a racist remark aimed at a persons color of skin be racist by comparing them to a monkey. Sorry, but you do not making any sense to me with your comparison with Bush. Sorry, but you can think it is offensive when someone has a weird sense of humor is your point of view, but it does not come close to a racist comment. The Bush comparison had nothing to do with racism but only with a weird sense of political humor.
    He made the comparison based on her face, not her skin color. Where did he mention her skin color?

    Not all of the simians in Planet of the Apes were black.

    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #52
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is comparing her to an ape. And you know that.

    Disingenuity doesn't suit you, CJ. You're too intelligent for that.
    I'm not at all disingenuous here - I'd say fake outrage doesn't suit you, but I've seen you post it too often.

    Again, the guy is a "fashionista", known for making outlandish comments in the same vane as Joan Rivers RIP and her former Fashion Police gang. Perhaps there's a fine line between outlandish and outrageous/offensive, but that line is crossed daily on today's TV and famous people the world over get gored with it on a regular basis. This is only an issue because the Obama's are involved and any comment made against them is immediately racism of the worst kind.

    In my book, Michelle Obama is not an attractive woman. Additionally, it makes me nauseous to listen to the liberal media fawn over the woman's clothes as if she's a fashion model when most of the time she looks like she's wearing one of my mother's old house dresses worn when cooking and cleaning. Michelle Obama is no Halle Berry or Jennifer Hudson - she's not even Queen Latifa on a bad day. And if someone wants to make fun of it, Je Suis Charlie
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He made the comparison based on her face, not her skin color. Where did he mention her skin color?

    Not all of the simians in Planet of the Apes were black.

    Sorry, but this is what I think is the is making mountains of molehills. The comment was made about a man who made himself black and made himself look like that first lady, in other words, he painted his face black. How does that not have anything to do with the color of the skin?
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #54
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Sorry, but this is what I think is the is making mountains of molehills. The comment was made about a man who made himself black and made himself look like that first lady, in other words, he painted his face black. How does that not have anything to do with the color of the skin?
    So he said she looks like the cast of that movie because she's black? I didn't see that. I see him saying that because of her face. Same as was said about Bush. But it's okay to say it about Bush.

    By the way, those 3 apes in that picture, who were all central characters in the movie, look more like Bush than Michelle Obama. They aren't black. They're all blonde.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #55
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not at all disingenuous here - I'd say fake outrage doesn't suit you, but I've seen you post it too often.
    I grew up in Brooklyn, one of the most racist areas in the US. Racist comments do not outrage me but that doesn't mean I can't recognize them when they're made.

    And you can do the same. No one is being fooled into thinking The First Lady looks like Charlton Heston.


    Again, the guy is a "fashionista", known for making outlandish comments in the same vane as Joan Rivers RIP and her former Fashion Police gang. Perhaps there's a fine line between outlandish and outrageous/offensive, but that line is crossed daily on today's TV and famous people the world over get gored with it on a regular basis. This is only an issue because the Obama's are involved and any comment made against them is immediately racism of the worst kind.
    And as you know, there's a difference between outrageous and racist.

    No one is fooled
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #56
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    What are some of the words used to describe Sarah Palin? "Whore" was in there, and I can recall some absolutely miserable **** about Mrs. Bush.
    It's a double standard of course. Any comparison to any horror can be levied against whites, especially white Republican women - that's fair game and the left either laughs hysterically and parrots it or will use the "oh poor white people... waaahh!" comment.

    However, I cannot speak spanish so I have no clue what this guy said, but can only go by the OP quote which was:

    "Mind you, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she's part of the cast of "Planet of the Apes,"


    Certainly Univision who has very close ties with the White House and Obama specifically on the immigration issues, will fire someone for such a statement. This guy, a "fashionista"??? will have trouble finding work at a Burger King after this. Was the comment racist? It was derogatory, it was discriminatory....

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxford Press
    racism
    [ ˈrāˌsizəm ]
    NOUN

    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

    Powered by OxfordDictionaries
    Oxford University Press
    Certainly comparing Apes to humans is showing inferiority but this was directed just at Michelle Obama, which was bad enough, and not at all African American women (a small saving grace I guess.) Given a yes or no on racists - I'd say yes. Was he high or drunk perhaps?... if he wasn't he may need to be medicated after this. This was a very good example of how to commit career suicide publicly.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I grew up in Brooklyn, one of the most racist areas in the US. Racist comments do not outrage me but that doesn't mean I can't recognize them when they're made.

    And you can do the same. No one is being fooled into thinking The First Lady looks like Charlton Heston.




    And as you know, there's a difference between outrageous and racist.

    No one is fooled
    pulleeeze...Brooklyn is NOT one of the most racist areas of ther country...EVER... its alwys been a very mixed community

    but its plagued by one race hustler.. Rev Al..

  8. #58
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's a double standard of course. Any comparison to any horror can be levied against whites, especially white Republican women - that's fair game and the left either laughs hysterically and parrots it or will use the "oh poor white people... waaahh!" comment.

    However, I cannot speak spanish so I have no clue what this guy said, but can only go by the OP quote which was:

    "Mind you, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she's part of the cast of "Planet of the Apes,"


    Certainly Univision who has very close ties with the White House and Obama specifically on the immigration issues, will fire someone for such a statement. This guy, a "fashionista"??? will have trouble finding work at a Burger King after this. Was the comment racist? It was derogatory, it was discriminatory....



    Certainly comparing Apes to humans is showing inferiority but this was directed just at Michelle Obama, which was bad enough, and not at all African American women (a small saving grace I guess.) Given a yes or no on racists - I'd say yes. Was he high or drunk perhaps?... if he wasn't he may need to be medicated after this. This was a very good example of how to commit career suicide publicly.
    I agree that it was a stupid comment, and that he should have been fired. But not for racism.

    To me, it makes no difference that it was the first lady, in fact a first lady has to expect that kind of thing, especially if you are married to "enemies" Obama.

    We have had seven years of over-the-top bashing of anyone remotely related to a political opponent. For the left to go ape **** over this is beyond the pale....when they started in on Palin, he "slut" daughter, the rules of engagement changed, they changed them, now they have to live with them.

    I have said since 2008 that Obama and co have lowered the bar of common decency; I have zero sympathy for Michelle or anyone else in that den of snakes
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #59
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I have a black friend that (prior to Obama being elected) posted a bunch of pictures comparing Michelle Obama to Jim Carey's the Grinch... The pictures he chose and the resemblance was uncanny. Since the Grinch basically looks like an ape... Imagine how racist he is.
    According to the people here, he should be fired and never be able to work again.

  10. #60
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Emmy-Winning Mexican Univision host Fired Over Racist "Planet of Apes"=Michelle O

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I agree that it was a stupid comment, and that he should have been fired. But not for racism.

    To me, it makes no difference that it was the first lady, in fact a first lady has to expect that kind of thing, especially if you are married to "enemies" Obama.

    We have had seven years of over-the-top bashing of anyone remotely related to a political opponent. For the left to go ape **** over this is beyond the pale....when they started in on Palin, he "slut" daughter, the rules of engagement changed, they changed them, now they have to live with them.

    I have said since 2008 that Obama and co have lowered the bar of common decency; I have zero sympathy for Michelle or anyone else in that den of snakes
    To people who do not view others in a racial context - racism isn't the first "go to" reason. I also do not see racism in every dark corner or every expression. Yet, it's been socially accepted now for a very long time that any even questionable comment is "racist" which then lowers the bar and tolerance on actual racist actions.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •