Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 712

Thread: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

  1. #631
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    American I fully condem this violence but you just can't always shoot the messenger. I am not trying to attack you or be a race baiter but Holder did not pick up the guns and shoot. Do you really think either the racism in the report was purposely exaggerated or injected to incite violence?
    Rhetoric has power.

    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #632
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There will always be partisanship. And in many respects that is healthy. But one place that should never be politicized is the DOJ. Even the comments of the Inspector General in 2013 about the Civil Rights Division should be troubling for every American regardless of political affiliation. Holder has been claiming racism in local police stations all across the country. Ferguson isn't the first and won't be the last. But then again he has gone after public schools as being racist against black students because they tend to get expelled in greater numbers. Never addressing the meltdown of the black family over poverty due to single mothers, and even though study after study show regardless of race, children of single mothers tend to have more behavior problems. He went after fire departments as being racist because they didn't have enough black fire fighters. Turns out fire departments hire those who score the highest on the testing. Somehow that made them racist. It's pretty obvious this man has a problem with white people. And he has hired a bunch of attorneys in his civil rights unit that are like minded. And the damage he has done to race relations with pointing out to statistics without addressing their underlying causes is despicable. Thank God he is on his way out and here is hoping that his replacement will not be more of the same.
    Nothing more that political partisan finger pointing. While the DOJ may or may not have acted inappropriately (your side has never supplied any evidence that this is true, you merely state it as if it was), there are some fundamental problems that have existed now for decades and are now starting to boil over. The violence we're seeing isn't because of the DOJ or Obama, or any other ignorant, politically motivated, partisan deflection people are trying to make. There are real issues with the system, particularly with the level of force we allow government to exercise against its own People. That needs to be first and foremost, that needs to be debated and discussed, that needs to be resolved.

    Pointing your fingers at Obama isn't going to solve this problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #633
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nothing more that political partisan finger pointing. While the DOJ may or may not have acted inappropriately (your side has never supplied any evidence that this is true, you merely state it as if it was), there are some fundamental problems that have existed now for decades and are now starting to boil over. The violence we're seeing isn't because of the DOJ or Obama, or any other ignorant, politically motivated, partisan deflection people are trying to make. There are real issues with the system, particularly with the level of force we allow government to exercise against its own People. That needs to be first and foremost, that needs to be debated and discussed, that needs to be resolved.

    Pointing your fingers at Obama isn't going to solve this problem.
    There has been plenty provided to make the case that this DOJ is the most politicized ever. From the AG report over his civil rights division to the scathing reprimands from federal judges and policies that he promoted on behalf of this administration and overturned in the Supreme Court. Now if you do not wish to believe it, that's your prerogative, but the case has definitely been made .

  4. #634
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nothing more that political partisan finger pointing. While the DOJ may or may not have acted inappropriately (your side has never supplied any evidence that this is true, you merely state it as if it was), there are some fundamental problems that have existed now for decades and are now starting to boil over. The violence we're seeing isn't because of the DOJ or Obama, or any other ignorant, politically motivated, partisan deflection people are trying to make. There are real issues with the system, particularly with the level of force we allow government to exercise against its own People. That needs to be first and foremost, that needs to be debated and discussed, that needs to be resolved.

    Pointing your fingers at Obama isn't going to solve this problem.
    Yeah. This won't be acknowledged. To do so requires looking within, and nobody likes that. But I agree with your point.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #635
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There has been plenty provided to make the case that this DOJ is the most politicized ever. From the AG report over his civil rights division to the scathing reprimands from federal judges and policies that he promoted on behalf of this administration and overturned in the Supreme Court. Now if you do not wish to believe it, that's your prerogative, but the case has definitely been made .
    I have no doubt that government is horrifically partisan these days. That does not mean that there are not real, fundamental issues in this system that need to be addressed. It's illogical to say that there are no problems because the DOJ may be partisan.

    Pointing your fingers at Obama isn't going to solve this problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #636
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have no doubt that government is horrifically partisan these days. That does not mean that there are not real, fundamental issues in this system that need to be addressed. It's illogical to say that there are no problems because the DOJ may be partisan.

    Pointing your fingers at Obama isn't going to solve this problem.
    And neither is fueling the flames by claiming white racists are the reason for all of black people's woes which is exactly what this administration is doing and it is absolutely despicable.

  7. #637
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And neither is fueling the flames by claiming white racists are the reason for all of black people's woes which is exactly what this administration is doing and it is absolutely despicable.
    To the bolded. Will you please quote an Obama administration official making this claim?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #638
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And neither is fueling the flames by claiming white racists are the reason for all of black people's woes which is exactly what this administration is doing and it is absolutely despicable.
    It does not help, but it is not the fundamental. To solve the problem, the fundamental must be addressed. This pathetic partisanship refuses to address the fundamental. The only thing the lot of you want to do is point your fingers at the other side and say "it's so bad because of them", meanwhile the Republic falls apart because nothing is being done to solve the problems. This is the result of putting your party before the Republic. The Republic is condemned to death. And that's the road we're on. And it's not just Obama's fault, and it's not just Holder's fault. Every last one of the partisan non-thinkers are to blame. Every knee-jerk reaction to blame the other side while sitting around with their thumbs up their ass pulls the Republic down just a little bit more.

    This great experiment in democracy is failing because people will only point their fingers, and do nothing to examine the fundamentals. And happily do the partisan non-thinkers skip down this road. The Republic is betrayed by apathy, laziness, ignorance, and stupidity.

    Be part of the solution. Think!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #639
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To the bolded. Will you please quote an Obama administration official making this claim?
    How about quoting his actions and the actions of the DOJ in regard to ratcheting up racism causing great damage? The actions speak for themselves.

  10. #640
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How about quoting his actions and the actions of the DOJ in regard to ratcheting up racism causing great damage? The actions speak for themselves.
    Actions? You call exposing corruption and racism "great damage"? Good gawd, what's wrong with you?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •