Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 712

Thread: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

  1. #621
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Maybe. Time will tell. I'm anxious to hear what the citizens are supposed to be doing to better the community themselves. I don't believe all of the problems in that city were the result of the white police force and the mayor/city council people.
    Maybe you have your own recommendations.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #622
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm not shrugging anything off. I'm simply noting that not everything that happens is a racial issue and not every racial issue is due to racism.

    Let's say that you've got a Swedish neighborhood where 80% of the residents are blond haired, blue eyed and pasty white. This neighborhood has a serious crime problem where pedestrians are constantly pelted by tiny meatballs drenched in gravy. You're the desk sergeant and the phone rings for the 90th time that week with another complaint about about a meatball assault. You mutter under your breath "Damned Swedes!" as you dispatch a patrol. That doesn't mean that you dislike Swedish people. All it means is that you're fed up with the problem of assault in the neighborhood which tends to be perpetrated by Swedes. Later that day, in the course of venting your frustration, you send your buddy an email showing a chubby blond guy with a big mustache and a chef hat flattened under a giant gravy coated meatball. You're still not a racist and you still don't hate Swedes. You're just venting frustration. This is pretty typical human behavior and every culture does it to some extent or another.
    The meatball story is a not so clever disguise at your attempt to diminish the seriousness of the Justice Departments report.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #623
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,102

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    there are far more "deranged" government people you should be worried about.



    bbut bbut that's different, right?

    The Government points guns at us far far more than we point guns at them,
    It is different, very different....



    "....The Boston Marathon bombings and subsequent related shootings were a series of attacks and incidents which began on April 15, 2013, when two pressure cooker bombs exploded during the Boston Marathon at 2:49 pm EDT, killing 3 people and injuring an estimated 264 others.[4] The bombs exploded about 12 seconds and 210 yards (190 m) apart, near the finish line on Boylston Street.[2][9]...."
    Boston Marathon bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    My guess is that if it where left up to people like you, the Boston marathon suspects would have gone free, because some assholes would have cried about how the government was being too forceful there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  4. #624
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post
    It is different, very different....



    "....The Boston Marathon bombings and subsequent related shootings were a series of attacks and incidents which began on April 15, 2013, when two pressure cooker bombs exploded during the Boston Marathon at 2:49 pm EDT, killing 3 people and injuring an estimated 264 others.[4] The bombs exploded about 12 seconds and 210 yards (190 m) apart, near the finish line on Boylston Street.[2][9]...."
    Boston Marathon bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    My guess is that if it where left up to people like you, the Boston marathon suspects would have gone free, because some assholes would have cried about how the government was being too forceful there.



    oh, so it's ok for police to randomly sweep civilians because some terrorist, is on the loose. When it comes to terrorism, rights are secondarty and "by all means needed" the police state can act. , but it's the worst thing in the world if some jackass on a bridge sets up with his ar and a scope.



    **** that statist noise.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #625
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Let's have some Swedish meatballs!

    If they are made in Canada are they still Swedish?

    I mean that's kind of profiling isn't it?

    How about Swedish-Canadian-American meatballs?

    Ah **** it, gimme the hamburger....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #626
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The meatball story is a not so clever disguise at your attempt to diminish the seriousness of the Justice Departments report.
    The report is one side of the story as told by a person with a political agenda.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    The report is one side of the story as told by a person with a political agenda.
    Oh, ok. Nothing here, now move on.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #628
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    oh, so it's ok for police to randomly sweep civilians because some terrorist, is on the loose. When it comes to terrorism, rights are secondarty and "by all means needed" the police state can act. , but it's the worst thing in the world if some jackass on a bridge sets up with his ar and a scope.



    **** that statist noise.
    Agreed. This is classic surrender of liberty for security.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    10-03-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    10,734

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The retaliation by a victimized minority will likely kick some sense into the civility-starved FPD, as well as the DOJ lawsuit.

    Every once in awhile, bad cops need to be spanked.
    Really? How were those cops bad? How? I want a ****ing answer.

  10. #630
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Alex Jones?

    Aside from one moron shouting “Acknowledgement nine months ago would have kept that from happening,” where and when exactly was all this "celebrating" from lots of people?
    I take it you never saw Twitter posts before? There are several shown at the link you ridiculed.

Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •