Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 712

Thread: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

  1. #551
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And so did the Police Chief. You didn't know that?

    Embattled Ferguson police chief resigns; protests resume : News
    Yes, I did know that. I left off an important ? After "the city manager resigned"
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #552
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I've never been to Ferguson. Never claimed to. I only know what I see on the news and what I read in Holder's report.

    What did you see as the other prevailing issues that cause the problems there? And how much improvement will there be in the lives of the citizens when the problems within the PD are fixed? Will there be capital investments in the town to replace the businesses that were destroyed in the name of protest last year?
    One can hope that after the city cleans up its corrupt court that people will be prosecuted for destruction of property. And the mayor's working on attracting business to the community. Once the departments cleaned up, people's lives will improve in terms of their commute for sure.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #553
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, I did know that. I left off an important ? After "the city manager resigned"
    So now that they both resigned, what about the other corrupt individuals? And again, why can't they be named in the report?

    Although I think the Chief resigned because he was pissed, not because he admitted any wrongdoing. Not sure about the City Manager.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #554
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    One can hope that after the city cleans up its corrupt court that people will be prosecuted for destruction of property. And the mayor's working on attracting business to the community. Once the departments cleaned up, people's lives will improve in terms of their commute for sure.
    Okay, fair enough. I agree with all of this. Especially the persecution of the ones who destroyed property.

    But what about the citizens, Monte. Do you think they had any culpability here?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #555
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So now that they both resigned, what about the other corrupt individuals? And again, why can't they be named in the report?

    Although I think the Chief resigned because he was pissed, not because he admitted any wrongdoing. Not sure about the City Manager.
    Ok. I was trying to determine if you knew who was responsible for hiring and firing the Ferguson police chief. And you don't. Clue, it's not Holder.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #556
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Okay, fair enough. I agree with all of this. Especially the persecution of the ones who destroyed property.

    But what about the citizens, Monte. Do you think they had any culpability here?
    I assume you meant prosecution. Yes, there are culpable citizens, many of which were caught on film destroying property. They need to be prosecuted. But they aren't representative of the entire city.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #557
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,434

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Alex Jones?

    Aside from one moron shouting “Acknowledgement nine months ago would have kept that from happening,” where and when exactly was all this "celebrating" from lots of people?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #558
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I assume you meant prosecution. Yes, there are culpable citizens, many of which were caught on film destroying property. They need to be prosecuted. But they aren't representative of the entire city.
    Of course you are correct when you say that they are not representative of the entire city, although I don't recall any rational argument saying such...In any case, what they are is a misinformed mob, still calling for mob rule, one way or another, and that can not stand. It is a real shame that in this time when a President, and Atty Gen, whom are both black, and could make a specific difference in calming the misinformed, instead choose to mire the whole thing in false narrative, and use political profit as motivation, instead of community unity. A man, that in the President's case, has never left the streets of Chicago, and community organizing, and race baiting.

    Flowery language, and cheap, weak placation's to law and order don't fool me.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #559
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Yeah, but that's the tracks it looks like it'll be going down. DOJ's report has been rendered, clear indications of things that need to change, personnel changes in leadership roles that need to change, and, as much as I'd hate to say it, sensitivity training, . . . a complete reorganization. It's unavoidable at this point.

    So who manages and administers that? I'm not thinking that it'd be the Dali Lama and the Swiss army. I'm thinking that it'll be the DOJ, or am I all wrong on this?


    Agreed, Canadian peacekeepers are not coming to Ferguson.

    Frankly the idea of THIS doj involved in this is rather frightening, Holder and Obama have so much lost the confidence of the people that that would get push back; this is the problem with Obama's constant need to fight his "enemies"...even this report is being challenged simply because it was ordered by holder.

    All those things are needed, 'sensitivity training' has a bad rap, but when you have had decades of brutal enforcement in what has been a massive money gathering scheme by the city some eyes need to be opened, you don't beat on a boy who's girlfriend is lying there bleeding because he didn't move away fast enough, then charge him with over a $1,000 in fines, three days in jail. I know a dozen people, right now, perfect for the job, one of them is our police chief, Jim Chu.

    Were me I would go to the third branch, the courts and find a retired or sitting judge with an unblemished reputation and give him free reign. Whatever happens now, it has to be seen top be impartial, unbiased and non-partisan, whoever it is will have to offer some sensitivity training to the mobs, the politicians and the cops. As I said in my first post......Everyone is to blame here
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #560
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You talk about not make it a "us vs. them" and transcending politics, and then you post that.

    Like I said, many can't transcend politics.
    Oh, like you have?

    The SOLUTION has to transcend politics, the politicians, like "enemies" Obama have to get the **** out of this.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •