Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 712

Thread: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I can't tell you. I don't live there, and I'm not the one declaring that the current police force is terrible and has to go. The local politicians there are all Democrats. Maybe they can say.
    No, but you not living there and me not living there does not change the fact that a study into the behavior of that police force proves that it is much much worse than just being terrible. Being terrible as a police force means you are really bad at doing your job, not when a police force is racist in just about any way shape or form.

    And the local politicians are all democrats? Are you sure?

    The mayor is a republican.

    Mark J. Byrne Missouri is a member of the republican party

    Kim Tihen is a former police officer who has a spotty history herself with police brutality issues

    One of the other council men once gave money to the John Ashcroft campaign so republican affinities are found there too.

    One council member gave to Obama so he is a democrat most likely

    And one council member is a white former military man of whom I cannot find a political affiliation.

    So in short, no you are not right, not all local politicians there are democrats. Sorry but that is just untrue. The mayor isn't and several other's are certainly not or possibly not. Also, the mayor happens to be a former police officer too. So maybe the police department has it's hooks into the city council and not the other way around.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #402
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Kinda the point. Less incitation, fewer people killed and less property destruction. But I agree with you, paramount is the reduction in the violence and killing or attempted killing in this case.

    And to get there, as in any dispute, you need dialogue. To get dialogue you need trust.

    And trust is a funny thing, most people do trust out of the gate, it is lost in most cases. And as the recovering alcoholic knows, you have to regain trust on the other people's terms and conditions. It will take humility on both sides, and a de-militarization at this point, perhaps some Canadian Peacekeepers.

    But nothing will be accomplished by continuing the argument, and more people are going to die. These two officers have survived....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #403
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, but you not living there and me not living there does not change the fact that a study into the behavior of that police force proves that it is much much worse than just being terrible. Being terrible as a police force means you are really bad at doing your job, not when a police force is racist in just about any way shape or form.

    And the local politicians are all democrats? Are you sure?

    The mayor is a republican.

    Mark J. Byrne Missouri is a member of the republican party

    Kim Tihen is a former police officer who has a spotty history herself with police brutality issues

    One of the other council men once gave money to the John Ashcroft campaign so republican affinities are found there too.

    One council member gave to Obama so he is a democrat most likely

    And one council member is a white former military man of whom I cannot find a political affiliation.

    So in short, no you are not right, not all local politicians there are democrats. Sorry but that is just untrue. The mayor isn't and several other's are certainly not or possibly not. Also, the mayor happens to be a former police officer too. So maybe the police department has it's hooks into the city council and not the other way around.
    Oh. So there are some from both party. So write them an email and ask them why they aren't doing something.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #404
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    And to get there, as in any dispute, you need dialogue. To get dialogue you need trust.

    And trust is a funny thing, most people do trust out of the gate, it is lost in most cases. And as the recovering alcoholic knows, you have to regain trust on the other people's terms and conditions. It will take humility on both sides, and a de-militarization at this point, perhaps some Canadian Peacekeepers.

    But nothing will be accomplished by continuing the argument, and more people are going to die. These two officers have survived....
    Greetings, F&L.

    In reading about the injuries to the policemen, I was shocked that both men suffered from head wounds! Those shots were not meant to main, but to kill! Thankfully they survived, but WTH makes it justifiable to kill someone only because they are a policeman, and to do it from ambush? Sick.....

  5. #405
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,903
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    And to get there, as in any dispute, you need dialogue. To get dialogue you need trust.

    And trust is a funny thing, most people do trust out of the gate, it is lost in most cases. And as the recovering alcoholic knows, you have to regain trust on the other people's terms and conditions. It will take humility on both sides, and a de-militarization at this point, perhaps some Canadian Peacekeepers.

    But nothing will be accomplished by continuing the argument, and more people are going to die. These two officers have survived....
    True enough. Perhaps reasonable mediation from the DOJ in the up coming interaction that they will no doubt lead, hopefully from a sense of middle ground and mediation, will help. At this point, it's all the most have left.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  6. #406
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,881

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I agree, and the best way to change minds is to set an example. I have been saying in one way or another since my first post that the focus needs to be the fix and it appears a growing number of people agree. Arguing the same old "...the right is" and "...lefties this", which we all enjoy, don't get me wrong, but are pointless and irrelevant here.

    We've had riots too. Not long ago millions of $ worth of damage was done in fires and looting because a band of spoiled privileged kids couldn't accept the outcome of game seven of the Stanley cup......

    There was some bleating that "the police should have...." and "...they shouldn't have allowed street parties" but it faded when the horror of what had happened and how the reputation of our "world class city" status had been badly bruised. The the same Police Chief who was the bad guy for being too lax, Chief Constable Jim Chew, appealed to the public to go on line and view the hundreds of videos and pictures they had of the rioters so they could identify them and bring them to justice.

    That is not to brag, but offer an example of humility instead instead of blame, and how to fix what's broken. A dysfunction family argues over the same problems again and again, a 'normal' family argues about one problem after another.....
    That all sounds all well and good. But it does not identify what is behind this cop hatred mantra playing out in the country at this time. I have my hunch that the shooter of these two police officers will be a member of either an anarchist group or a Marxist group that have been associated with ratcheting up the riots in Ferguson and across this country in regard to the police. After all Alinsky did state to agitate and rub raw. And the funding to these groups have been traced to some very big leftist political activists, most prominently George Soros.

    While you try to separate the political factor, it can not be done for the very DOJ/civil rights unit that produced the report, every single attorney in that department is of a leftist ideology or an activist. It appears to be a litmus test one much reach to join the team.

    If you want acts of humility and those done by example, may I suggest they start with the president and the Atty. General.

  7. #407
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    And does Obama send Holder and 40 DOJ and FBI investigators?

    No, the lazy apathetic a$$ doesn't even put on a suit and make a statement from the Rose Garden,..........he sent an insignificant little Tweet.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  8. #408
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, F&L.

    In reading about the injuries to the policemen, I was shocked that both men suffered from head wounds! Those shots were not meant to main, but to kill! Thankfully they survived, but WTH makes it justifiable to kill someone only because they are a policeman, and to do it from ambush? Sick.....


    Snipers don't just get an impulse and try to kill. This was a set up, and likely NOT by the residents of the neighborhood. But that is not the issue, now. The main focus for the police is to restore confidence and calm. The whole "them vs us", "enemies" thing has to go away. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Canadian Peacekeepers. "Excuse moi, sil vous plait, monsieur, but would you be so kind as to put down that rifle? Non! Mais oui, as you wish, monsieur." Bang! Bang! Bang!
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #409
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Snipers don't just get an impulse and try to kill. This was a set up, and likely NOT by the residents of the neighborhood. But that is not the issue, now. The main focus for the police is to restore confidence and calm. The whole "them vs us", "enemies" thing has to go away. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Canadian Peacekeepers. "Excuse moi, sil vous plait, monsieur, but would you be so kind as to put down that rifle? Non! Mais oui, as you wish, monsieur." Bang! Bang! Bang!
    Set up as in you think that someone set up the residents of Ferguson so it would appear that a Ferguson resident shot those 2 cops?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #410
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That all sounds all well and good. But it does not identify what is behind this cop hatred mantra playing out in the country at this time. I have my hunch that the shooter of these two police officers will be a member of either an anarchist group or a Marxist group that have been associated with ratcheting up the riots in Ferguson and across this country in regard to the police. After all Alinsky did state to agitate and rub raw. And the funding to these groups have been traced to some very big leftist political activists, most prominently George Soros.

    While you try to separate the political factor, it can not be done for the very DOJ/civil rights unit that produced the report, every single attorney in that department is of a leftist ideology or an activist. It appears to be a litmus test one much reach to join the team.

    If you want act of humility and those done by example, may I suggest they start with the president and the Atty. General.
    Lady V, it this "cop hatred" is equaled by the "hatred from cops" and it will become very understandable when you read the report. When people have been subjected to years of suppression through a corrupt police and court system, they ARE angry. It does no one any good if all that is achieved here is a continuation of the "them vs. us" debate that led to this ****ing nightmare in the first place. They're Americans, the cops, the people and the children trying to feel safe somewhere in all this warfare.

    The enemy is in Iraq.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •