Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 712

Thread: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

  1. #341
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It looks like everyone who thinks the report didn't prove that there's racism in Ferguson's justice system are people who didn't read the report
    Or claim they did, but just don't trust it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #342
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Obama, Holder and Sharpton should be proud of themselves...their continued inflaming of racial tensions just got 2 more cops shot.

    I also saw Holder's comments about it. Talk about PUKE! If i were a member of one of those cops' families, i'd tell the asshole to his face to take a stroll through traffic, preferably where semi-trucks frequently travel.
    How about you read the report, and then come in here with your opinion, in that order.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #343
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There's 105 pages documenting systemic violations of citizens first and fourth amendment rights, as well as violations of the fourteenth amendment. There's also all manner of law violations. That's all before we get to the ethical codes of conduct that were constantly violated. It's painful, but read the report, and you'll no longer support the indefensible.
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

    I had just highlighted a small instance within the report, first since I couldn't exactly post the whole thing and second I thought people would actually go to the report I linked and read it. I was wrong. So now they laugh at and blow off the small portion I quoted from it instead of reading it.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #344
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Neat. I didn't blame Holder for this.
    I'm not the right wing nut you fantasize that I am.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #345
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: Two Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station[W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Obama, Holder and Sharpton should be proud of themselves...their continued inflaming of racial tensions just got 2 more cops shot.

    I also saw Holder's comments about it. Talk about PUKE! If i were a member of one of those cops' families, i'd tell the asshole to his face to take a stroll through traffic, preferably where semi-trucks frequently travel.
    Racial tensions were inflamed by the actions of both the police and the city....the protests and sadly this are the result of that tension
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #346
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Stupidity breeds stupidity. This entire fiasco was based on a lie from the beginning and now we have cops getting shot. **** like this makes me sick.
    Worse, despite a formal finding that it was 100% absolutely false, neither the president nor AG will retract anything they said - and instead specifically the AG diverted to attack the police department.

    Back to Travon Martin I pointed out Obama wasn't merely race baiting, but rather acting in an outright racist manner.

    (No, I'm NOT raising the Martin-Zimmerman topic, but rather pointing out the trend of the current administration - and how it has gotten worse, not better to the point of virtually advocating race riots and a race war.)
    Last edited by joko104; 03-12-15 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #347
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I get it

    Anecdotes won't prove racism, nor will any quantitative info. It's obvious that there is nothing that would convince you that racism exists in Ferguon's PD

    But you're certain that the DoJ is racist. In that case, I'm sure you'll accept anecdotes, statistics, and complete fabrications to support your belief

    No, there may be racism in Ferguson's department. There may be racism in every police department but I don't believe it's pervasive. I think if you look hard and long enough you'll find it everywhere but on balance it's minimal. I don't believe that racism in Ferguson is systemic.

    I believe that Holder is racist because of what he's said. He's interested in Travon Martin and in Ferguson but shows no interest in investigating any police relating killing where the victim is not black. Some of the reason for that is politicians run to where the noise is and when a non black is killed by police, riots don't follow. Sometimes I think that race relations were better when I was in high school a long time ago when we had black friends and nobody thought anything about it. Now, it's big money, big media and lots of power.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  8. #348
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

    I had just highlighted a small instance within the report, first since I couldn't exactly post the whole thing and second I thought people would actually go to the report I linked and read it. I was wrong. So now they laugh at and blow off the small portion I quoted from it instead of reading it.
    Well, I mean it just is what it is. I don't understand why this is so politicized. There's an American police department that has, as a matter of policy, and with a compliant court, been violating the law and officer code of ethics and citizens constitutional protections. And all these apparent racists themselves can say is that the black folk in Ferguson are anti-cop punks.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #349
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Worse, despite a formal finding that it was 100% absolutely false, neither the president nor AG will retract anything they said - and instead specifically the AG diverted to attack the police department.

    Back to Travon Martin I pointed out Obama wasn't merely race baiting, but rather acting in an outright racist manner.

    (No, I'm NOT raising the Martin-Zimmerman topic, but rather pointing out the trend of the current administration - and how it has gotten worse, not better to the point of virtually advocating race riots and a race war.)
    So investigations are attacks. Is Trey Gowdy attacking Hillary Clinton?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #350
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: 2 Officers Are Shot Outside Ferguson Police Station

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, I mean it just is what it is. I don't understand why this is so politicized. There's an American police department that has, as a matter of policy, and with a compliant court, been violating the law and officer code of ethics and citizens constitutional protections. And all these apparent racists themselves can say is that the black folk in Ferguson are anti-cop punks.


    You failed at "racist" and I was right there with ya up until then......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •