Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 826

Thread: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership [W:251]

  1. #801
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And you believe Maliki, despite his having to please several different factions and telling them what they wanted to hear?

    What's interesting is that, as a typical leftist, you'd believe a foreign leader who has been much criticized over the years over an American Democrat who has served his country well. It's difficult to believe you were raised and educated in a free society.
    The fact that he had to appease others makes my point. And make no mistake, both sides have reasons other than the truth to make their public statements. You accept on who. I accept on evidence. Can you see the problem with your position?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The fact that he had to appease others makes my point. And make no mistake, both sides have reasons other than the truth to make their public statements. You accept on who. I accept on evidence. Can you see the problem with your position?
    No, it doesn't make your point at all. Instead it demonstrates that you have no understanding of negotiating, much less mid-East politics. Your "evidence"? What nonsense! Of course it's a matter of "who", plus where and when. All these are factored in and you're believing a leader involved in mid East chaos rather than a distinguished fellow American? This is the bizarre leftist mind in action.

    You are either ignoring the evidence or have no idea of what it is.
    Last edited by Grant; 03-21-15 at 03:00 AM.

  3. #803
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it doesn't make your point at all. Instead it demonstrates that you have no understanding of negotiating, much less mid-East politics. Your "evidence"? What nonsense! Of course it's a matter of "who", plus where and when. All these are factored in and you're believing a leader involved in mid East chaos rather than a distinguished fellow American? This is the bizarre leftist mind in action.

    You are either ignoring the evidence or have no idea of what it is.
    I understand fine. Both sides appease there groups, both sides make ingenuous statements. But the evidence is we were not wanted there. The evidence is Bush set the date for leaving. Iraqis agreed to it. And the people wanted us gone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #804
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,865
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I understand fine. Both sides appease there groups, both sides make ingenuous statements. But the evidence is we were not wanted there. The evidence is Bush set the date for leaving. Iraqis agreed to it. And the people wanted us gone.
    GWB did not set the date for leaving. He set the date for expiration of the SOFA, allowing BHO two full years to negotiate his own. GWB and every DoD planner believed a robust residual force would remain indefinitely.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    09-14-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    879

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    This proves Obama is just a puppet.

    “Cheney gives the orders here now, not Obama, and you assholes better get used to it!”

    Tuesday, 10 March 2015


    A shocking report published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) today states that the Kremlin was “stunned” yesterday after Minister Sergey Lavrov endured a nearly one-hour tirade from US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland [photo top right] who, among other claims, “raged” that former Vice President Richard “Dick” Cheney was in charge of the United States, not President Barack Obama.

    According to this report, a “highly agitated” Secretary Nuland contacted Minister Lavrov yesterday demanding that Russia immediately order Iran to return to US custody the 4 CIA agents arrested and detained for directing ISIS terror forces in Iraq.

    .
    Secretary Nuland, also, this report continues, “bluntly warned” Minister Lavrov that should Moscow ever again provide to France, or any other NATO nation, superior “electronic-technology”, and for the Russian air force to continue disabling US warships, she would further order the American military to “aggressively respond”.

    Roberto Abraham Scaruffi: “Cheney gives the orders here now, not Obama, and you assholes better get used to it!”

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    GWB did not set the date for leaving. He set the date for expiration of the SOFA, allowing BHO two full years to negotiate his own. GWB and every DoD planner believed a robust residual force would remain indefinitely.
    No use. It's beyond their understanding and their beliefs are inflexible.

  7. #807
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,855

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    GWB did not set the date for leaving. He set the date for expiration of the SOFA, allowing BHO two full years to negotiate his own. GWB and every DoD planner believed a robust residual force would remain indefinitely.
    And Iraq turned it down. Not Obama's problem nor can it be laid at his doorstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  8. #808
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,865
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And Iraq turned it down. Not Obama's problem nor can it be laid at his doorstep.
    Iraq turned it down after BHO dropped the projected residual force level below what would have been worth the political capital the Iraqi government would have to use.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #809
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,855

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Iraq turned it down after BHO dropped the projected residual force level below what would have been worth the political capital the Iraqi government would have to use.
    They also wanted US troops to be tried in Iraqi Courts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And Iraq turned it down. Not Obama's problem nor can it be laid at his doorstep.
    Iraq turned it down after Obama made demands that the political leaders could not meet.

    He left Iraq to the wolves, took credit for victory, and then left town.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •