Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 826

Thread: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership [W:251]

  1. #671
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I did. And he just keeps spamming with no supportive links. Direct your ire towards him if you care about the need for supporting facts in an argument.
    This is reasonably good although it necessarily leaves out quite a bit.

    https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33487.pdf
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #672
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I invite you to back up anything you say.
    On the Origin of ISIS - by Hussain Abdul-Hussain Lee Smith
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #673
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    unny, then how two different Secretaries of Defense for the Obama Administration who were directly involved seem to remember that differently
    LOL Who cares what they said?
    oh, I don't know. People who might want to accurately understand what went on?

    But clearly that doesn't include yourself - have a nice day, iguana .

  4. #674
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Wrong. BHO kept lowering the projected residual force level until it was no longer worth the political effort for the Iraqis.
    That is correct. I think it was something like 2 months prior to the end of the previous SOFA that they basically torpedoed the talks by suddenly coming up with a 5,000 Hard Cap; way below what anyone had been talking about.

  5. #675
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I invite you to back up anything you say.
    having looked at the problem set professionally on the military side, I can tell you he is mostly correct.

    I say "mostly" because Words Mean Things, and I wouldn't apply the term "completely" to "neutralized". "Massively" or possibly "Overwhelmingly", perhaps.

  6. #676
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And misinterpreted it.
    You said that Obama called the Iraq War a success and then failed to provide a direct quote that he ever said that. Instead you deliberately misinterpret what he did say because the truth doesn't fit your intellectually dishonest right wing narrative.

  7. #677
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You said that Obama called the Iraq War a success and then failed to provide a direct quote that he ever said that. Instead you deliberately misinterpret what he did say because the truth doesn't fit your intellectually dishonest right wing narrative.
    He called it a success. Deny all you want.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #678
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    having looked at the problem set professionally on the military side, I can tell you he is mostly correct.

    I say "mostly" because Words Mean Things, and I wouldn't apply the term "completely" to "neutralized". "Massively" or possibly "Overwhelmingly", perhaps.

    I concede your point on "completely."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #679
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    He called it a success. Deny all you want.
    You can quibble, lie, deny, deflect or whatever, but "a moment of success" does not translate into "Iraq War was a success."
    Last edited by Moot; 03-14-15 at 12:18 AM.

  10. #680
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You can quibble, lie, deny, deflect or whatever, but "a moment of success" does not translate into "Iraq War was a success."
    Barack Obama declares Iraq war a success | US news | The Guardian
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •