Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 826

Thread: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership [W:251]

  1. #661
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,073

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The window of opportunity in Syria was early 2012. The Assad regime was on the defensive, opposition morale was high, the secular rebels were in charge and ISIS had not yet formed. During that window we did nothing.
    ISIS...

    Foundation of the group (1999–2006)

    Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Jordanian Salafi Jihadist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his militant group Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, founded in 1999, achieved notoriety in the early stages of the Iraqi insurgency for the suicide attacks on Shia Islamic mosques, civilians, Iraqi government institutions and Italian soldiers partaking in the U.S.-led 'Multi-National Force'.


    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by poweRob; 03-13-15 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #662
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,875
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    ISIS...

    Foundation of the group (19992006)

    Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Jordanian Salafi Jihadist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his militant group Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, founded in 1999, achieved notoriety in the early stages of the Iraqi insurgency for the suicide attacks on Shia Islamic mosques, civilians, Iraqi government institutions and Italian soldiers partaking in the U.S.-led 'Multi-National Force'.


    You don't know what you are talking about.
    And completely neutralized by 2009. The departure of US forces from Iraq in 2011 and the vacuum in Syria from mid 2012 onward created the opportunity for ISIS to form.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #663
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,073

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And completely neutralized by 2009. The departure of US forces from Iraq in 2011 and the vacuum in Syria from mid 2012 onward created the opportunity for ISIS to form.


    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    ISIS...

    Foundation of the group (1999–2006)

    Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Jordanian Salafi Jihadist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his militant group Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, founded in 1999, achieved notoriety in the early stages of the Iraqi insurgency for the suicide attacks on Shia Islamic mosques, civilians, Iraqi government institutions and Italian soldiers partaking in the U.S.-led 'Multi-National Force'.


    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Salafi Jihadist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his militant group Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, founded in 1999? This was the precursor of ISIS, right?Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #665
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,875
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post


    You don't know what you are talking about.
    One of us has been to Iraq. I know that war and that area quite a bit better than you.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #666
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,073

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    One of us has been to Iraq. I know that war and that area quite a bit better than you.
    Then why do you have such a hard time backing up all this stuff you are making up? All talk... no links. Sorry that when I bring facts to back up my points that it destroys yours. But that's what links are for. BTW... What makes you think you know where I've been and haven't? More Jack fabricated speculation I suppose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #667
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,875
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Then why do you have such a hard time backing up all this stuff you are making up? All talk... no links. Sorry that when I bring facts to back up my points that it destroys yours. But that's what links are for. BTW... What makes you think you know where I've been and haven't? More Jack fabricated speculation I suppose?

    Your link provides perfectly valid information but it's not relevant or useful. After Zarqawi was killed and after the 2007-2008 surge, the Sunni extremists were in retreat. They did not reconstitute until 2012, using Syria as a safe haven and rally point.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #668
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,073

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Your link provides perfectly valid information but it's not relevant or useful. After Zarqawi was killed and after the 2007-2008 surge, the Sunni extremists were in retreat. They did not reconstitute until 2012, using Syria as a safe haven and rally point.
    I invite you to back up anything you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I invite you to back up anything you say.
    This is an excellent opportunity for you to contradict him with your own set of facts!

  10. #670
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,073

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is an excellent opportunity for you to contradict him with your own set of facts!
    I did. And he just keeps spamming with no supportive links. Direct your ire towards him if you care about the need for supporting facts in an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •