Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 826

Thread: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership [W:251]

  1. #321
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The thing that makes that letter so shameful is that Iran had to school those 47 idiot senators on their own Constitution and international law. I'll bet Tehran had a good laugh over that.....




    I wish to enlighten the authors that if the next administration revokes any agreement with the stroke of a pen, as they boast, it will have simply committed a blatant violation of international law,

    I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is, the world is not the United States. The conduct of inter-state relations is governed by international law, and not by U.S. domestic law."

    The authors may not fully understand that in international law, governments represent the entirety of their respective states, are responsible for the conduct of foreign affairs, are required to fulfill the obligations they undertake with other states and may not invoke their internal law as justification for failure to perform their international obligations......"

    Iran's Foreign Minister To U.S. Senators: 'The World Is Not The United States'



    I keep thinking the GOP couldn't possible get any more stupid and then they surprise me by proving they can. But this time I think they've finally crossed the line from juvenile party shenanigans into a lethal threat to our national security. If they think they can interfere or prevent our president from doing the job he was legally and constitutionally elected to do and get away with it, then we've got a bigger problem here than just ISIS.
    More embarrassment to our country. And apparently worth it to many on the right.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #322
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The thing that makes that letter so shameful is that Iran had to school those 47 idiot senators on their own Constitution and international law. I'll bet Tehran had a good laugh over that.....




    “I wish to enlighten the authors that if the next administration revokes any agreement with ‘the stroke of a pen,’ as they boast, it will have simply committed a blatant violation of international law,”

    “I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is, the world is not the United States. The conduct of inter-state relations is governed by international law, and not by U.S. domestic law."

    The authors may not fully understand that in international law, governments represent the entirety of their respective states, are responsible for the conduct of foreign affairs, are required to fulfill the obligations they undertake with other states and may not invoke their internal law as justification for failure to perform their international obligations......"

    Iran's Foreign Minister To U.S. Senators: 'The World Is Not The United States'



    I keep thinking the GOP couldn't possible get any more stupid and then they surprise me by proving they can. But this time I think they've finally crossed the line from juvenile party shenanigans into a lethal threat to our national security. If they think they can interfere or prevent our president from doing the job he was legally and constitutionally elected to do and get away with it, then we've got a bigger problem here than just ISIS.


    So you say it was 'stupid" because Iran complained.....?

    Hmmm...seems to me, that since Iran is one of Canada's only enemies, having them object to being warned is a good thing and for my country I thhank them.

    Does this mean that the foreign policy you defend and support is one of appeasement? That when a nation says "we are building nukes so stuff it" you simply say "OK"?

    Sorry, that is not a foreign policy, that is stupidity appearing like an Obama strategy
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #323
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Job approval ratings swings on emotion. What does America say about its chief lawmaking body?
    Lots of emotional Americans, I guess.

    Screenshot (726).jpg

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-1044.html
    Last edited by Mycroft; 03-11-15 at 03:25 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    An armed society is a polite society.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #324
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The thing that makes that letter so shameful is that Iran had to school those 47 idiot senators on their own Constitution and international law. I'll bet Tehran had a good laugh over that.....




    I wish to enlighten the authors that if the next administration revokes any agreement with the stroke of a pen, as they boast, it will have simply committed a blatant violation of international law,

    I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is, the world is not the United States. The conduct of inter-state relations is governed by international law, and not by U.S. domestic law."

    The authors may not fully understand that in international law, governments represent the entirety of their respective states, are responsible for the conduct of foreign affairs, are required to fulfill the obligations they undertake with other states and may not invoke their internal law as justification for failure to perform their international obligations......"

    Iran's Foreign Minister To U.S. Senators: 'The World Is Not The United States'



    I keep thinking the GOP couldn't possible get any more stupid and then they surprise me by proving they can. But this time I think they've finally crossed the line from juvenile party shenanigans into a lethal threat to our national security. If they think they can interfere or prevent our president from doing the job he was legally and constitutionally elected to do and get away with it, then we've got a bigger problem here than just ISIS.
    That reply by Iran's Foreign Minister reinforces his ignorance of US law...even AFTER being given information about it from our Congressmen. Frankly, I don't see how Obama can possibly conduct serious negotiations with such ill-informed and close-minded people.
    TANSTAAFL

    An armed society is a polite society.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #325
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That reply by Iran's Foreign Minister reinforces his ignorance of US law...even AFTER being given information about it from our Congressmen. Frankly, I don't see how Obama can possibly conduct serious negotiations with such ill-informed and close-minded people.
    It seems to be easy for him. His strategy? Give in, give them whatever they want.

  6. #326
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It seems to be easy for him. His strategy? Give in, give them whatever they want.
    For his legacy you think or something else?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #327
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It seems to be easy for him. His strategy? Give in, give them whatever they want.
    You've read the agreement have you?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #328
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That reply by Iran's Foreign Minister reinforces his ignorance of US law...even AFTER being given information about it from our Congressmen. Frankly, I don't see how Obama can possibly conduct serious negotiations with such ill-informed and close-minded people.
    the opposition to the letter from the left is interesting...

    Was it not Mr. "I have a pen"? who cancelled the Keystone pipeline?

    Mr. Zarif is NOT America's friend. HE is not on your side, these are people who hold grudges for a long, long time. They have a death sentence issued against Canada's ambassador Ken Taylor who smuggled Americans out of Tehran 34 years ago....they do not forget the smallest slight.

    Based on the Grubers fear and trembling over this piece of paper issuing a 'warning' to the US, I would say another four years of Democrats will mean the shots will be called in Tehran not DC, as the whole lot of them are frightened over a ****ing letter....."we can't kill them all......run!"
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #329
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    So you say it was 'stupid" because Iran complained

    Hmmm...seems to me, that since Iran is one of Canada's only enemies, having them object to being warned is a good thing and for my country I thhank them.

    Does this mean that the foreign policy you defend and support is one of appeasement? That when a nation says "we are building nukes so stuff it" you simply say "OK"?

    Sorry, that is not a foreign policy, that is stupidity appearing like an Obama strategy
    First of all, Iran has never claimed to be building nukes....but they might've said "stuff it" after being accused of making them without any proof. Secondly, if the goal is to prevent Iran from building a nuclear weapon then making an unilateral agreement that provides oversight is much better than just using military force....which could have the opposite effect and cause Iran to build a nuke for defense and defeat the entire point of trying to prevent them building a nuke in the first place.

    The GOP schizophrenic foreign policy is as irresponsible as it is stupid. It's so simple a caveman could do it.

  10. #330
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Obama Blasts Republicans Over Letter to Iranian Leadership

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    First of all, Iran has never claimed to be building nukes....but they might've said "stuff it" after being accused of making them without any proof. Secondly, if the goal is to prevent Iran from building a nuclear weapon then making an unilateral agreement that provides oversight is much better than just using military force....which could have the opposite effect and cause Iran to build a nuke for defense and defeat the entire point of trying to prevent them building a nuke in the first place.

    The GOP schizophrenic foreign policy is as irresponsible as it is stupid. It's so simple a caveman could do it.
    And you believe them....






    Now I have to ask, if they are NOT building nukes and only building a reactor out of the mist unstable technology available, then why is Obama even negotiating?

    They're building nukes...MY government is certain of it.....and I believe Ottawa over "you can keep your plan...."
    Last edited by Fearandloathing; 03-11-15 at 03:58 PM.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •