Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 457

Thread: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

  1. #371
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,540

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Ones education should not be at stake for being a racist, racists pay taxes too to support the university system, besides if they'd been chanting slurs against white people the Univ would've done zero about it.
    Let Me ask you a question. Would your job be at risk if you went into the break room chanting offensive racist slurs? Think they might fire you for not adhering to a code of conduct of sorts?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  2. #372
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There's nothing desperate. I called out his claim that I'm an "extremist liberal" for showing evidence that this fraternity has a racist history. I even challenged him to show another fraternity with a similar history. He couldn't. Then I laughed at him pretending to be a centrist a few months ago and then changing his lean after I called him on it. He focused on the outrage of being called what he himself said he was just a few months ago. Now, as you, I'm still waiting for that evidence that the black member was talking about SAE national. I asked for the specific sentence where he mentioned SAE national. Or are you going to ignore that too like you did all the other incidents?
    He doesn't have to show "another fraternity with a similar history" because it has nothing - zero - to do with your claim that SAE as a national organization "promotes racism", when there is no evidence - zero - to support that. Even former brothers who are black have come out and said the opposite. And there are black SAE members all over this country who would have known about it or said something about it if their national organization was doing it.

    And the black brothers have said that it was NOT THE CULTURE OR WAY OF THINKING WHEN THEY WERE BROTHERS THERE. So you can deny it, or pretend it, or continue to post lies about it, but the reality is, you are the only person I have seen say that they are "promoting racism". So if you believe that the national chapter in fact promotes racism, it would have had to start doing it after the black brothers left Oklahoma, and that would mean you would have to tie the change to the specific staff whose names I posted repeatedly yesterday. But you can't. Because you have no proof. You just think it's the case.

    And who the hell remembers a lean someone had months ago? I changed my lean twice in the last 2 months. What were they? Or do you only obsess about his lean that he said months ago?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #373
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, she doesn't know that not everyone cares about social clubs. If you don't pledge or care, you're nerdy or black balled or... a hockey player? That makes... what is it? Millions of people who go to university and don't join a fraternity nerdy or hockey players.
    Another idiotic post about my earlier post to Haymarket. Another stupid post from someone who obviously didn't read that I was talking about my college, not other colleges, even though the post was clear that it was my college, not any other college. Unbelievable levels of stupidity abound in this thread. Thanks for doubling down on the efforts to reduce my IQ with stupid posts I have to read and respond to.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #374
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He doesn't have to show "another fraternity with a similar history" because it has nothing - zero - to do with your claim that SAE as a national organization "promotes racism"
    He claimed that this happens across the board. I want evidence. I don't want a single incident in a single chapter in a single state. I want detailed history of similar cases with other organizations. I can do it with SAE. Can you do it with another group?

    And the black brothers have said that it was NOT THE CULTURE OR WAY OF THINKING WHEN THEY WERE BROTHERS THERE. So you can deny it, or pretend it, or continue to post lies about it, but the reality is, you are the only person I have seen say that they are "promoting racism". So if you believe that the national chapter in fact promotes racism, it would have had to start doing it after the black brothers left Oklahoma, and that would mean you would have to tie the change to the specific staff whose names I posted repeatedly yesterday. But you can't. Because you have no proof. You just think it's the case.
    Can you or can you not show where he was discussing the national organization like you claimed? I can wait.

    And who the hell remembers a lean someone had months ago? I changed my lean twice in the last 2 months. What were they? Or do you only obsess about his lean that he said months ago?
    Nope, not obsessing. I just remember his refusal to show any posts where his "centrist" positions came out.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #375
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Another idiotic post about my earlier post to Haymarket. Another stupid post from someone who obviously didn't read that I was talking about my college, not other colleges, even though the post was clear that it was my college, not any other college. Unbelievable levels of stupidity abound in this thread. Thanks for doubling down on the efforts to reduce my IQ with stupid posts I have to read and respond to.
    You stated that people who didn't pledge were nerdy or hockey players. We're chuckling at the absurdity of your words/suggestion.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #376
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Okay, so the good you see that came out of it is that they're being held "publicly accountable". Got it. The court of public opinion is now able to try them. Sorry, that isn't something I subscribe to. And I already said people need to own their words. I said it in a post to Zinthaniel. You're repeating what I said.
    If you said that people should "own their words" and remain anonymous, then you're contradicting yourself. How can they "own their words" if no one knows who they are? You're just asserting they have the right to free speech and also should, if their speech offends, to be able to avoid public accountability for their words. I disagree with that 100%.

    And the court of public opinion 'trying them' is one way we are, in the real world, held accountable for what we say and write. Whether you subscribe to that or not is irrelevant - it's what happens.

    Do you believe the people who spew hatred on this board should lose their anonymity, by the way?
    I guess more than anything I think they should be banned forever, and the mods do a pretty good job of keeping that stuff off the board.

    I'd never out anyone, but if someone comes here and does spew hatred, or death threats, etc. their expectation of privacy should be zero, and if someone does that and later runs for office (as an example) and is outed for that speech, I will shed no tears. I'm pretty cognizant of the fact that what I write here is just someone caring enough for all of it to be publicly available. And if I run for office and my posts are made public, that's my bed that I made.

    In the meantime, this thin skin of anonymity we enjoy here fosters open debate which is a good thing. But I am glad that we are moderated and the haters are booted.

  7. #377
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    He claimed that this happens across the board. I want evidence. I don't want a single incident in a single chapter in a single state. I want detailed history of similar cases with other organizations. I can do it with SAE. Can you do it with another group?



    Can you or can you not show where he was discussing the national organization like you claimed? I can wait.



    Nope, not obsessing. I just remember his refusal to show any posts where his "centrist" positions came out.
    Great, and I want evidence that there is racism being promoted out of the national chapter. Show some emails, letters, speeches, notes, books, anything.

    Here's your evidence that he was discussing the national organization. You don't have to wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I was an SAE. Racism was not a part of any of it at all.

    You know SAE has black chapters, right? Our leadership conference was on a cruise in 2007 and I met a lot of the black chapters. Good guys.

    Your ASSUMPTIONS are ignorant. My guess? You were blackballed and SAE didn't give you a bid ;-)
    Read it. If you had any clue about the subject matter you're discussing, you'd be able to comprehend the posts you are responding to. Unbelievable.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #378
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You stated that people who didn't pledge were nerdy or hockey players. We're chuckling at the absurdity of your words/suggestion.
    And I'm chuckling at the stupid posts you both made where it was obvious that neither one of you have any concept of what the words "pledge" or "my college" mean. Isn't it fun?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Trying to avoid the point of my post so you can focus on the minutia? Typical of centrists. Wait, can you show us a SINGLE fraternity with as racist a history as SAE? I'm still waiting for you to show us that all organizations engage in the same type of activity. I bet you can't.
    Fraternity closes Ole Miss chapter after racial incident - CNN.com

    Sigma PHI Epsilon, otherwise known as "Sig Ep" put a noose around the neck of the statue of James Meredith.

    That's literally worse than what the SAE's said. They actually put a noose around the neck of it.

    There ya go, that's worse :-)

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    We know, we know.
    What point contradicts anything I said? If anything, you just proved me right. Did you intend to say something else?

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •