Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 457

Thread: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

  1. #181
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The IRS was caught up irresponsible spending $50 million in taxpayer money at 300 different conferences between 2010 and 2012. It's obvious the Obama administration was promoting this.
    Your descent into absurd comparisons is clear. These are not entirely unrelated people acting out of their own volition and it being blamed on a single factor. It is the members of an organization, engaging in what is acceptable behavior within the group as long as cameras aren't looking. It is people engaging in similar activities sanctioned by different chapters OF THE SAME ORGANIZATION. The difference couldn't be bigger and your comparison remains absurd.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #182
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your descent into absurd comparisons is clear. These are not entirely unrelated people acting out of their own volition and it being blamed on a single factor. It is the members of an organization, engaging in what is acceptable behavior within the group as long as cameras aren't looking. It is people engaging in similar activities sanctioned by different chapters OF THE SAME ORGANIZATION. The difference couldn't be bigger and your comparison remains absurd.
    Nope, sorry. You said that incidents among local affiliations is clear evidence that the national leadership promotes it. So it's obvious the Obama administration promoted the thievery of the IRS employees spending $50 million in 300 separate instances in a 2 year period. The Obama administration is in charge of the IRS employees. They are hardly "entirely unrelated".
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh, so the University of Oklahoma accepted racist and other inappropriate behavior from students who were making the atmosphere "hostile" for thousands of people, and the evidence of this was the students nonchalantly sung a sung. Of course! They're lying now when they say they don't accept this behavior. Is that about right?
    They didn't accept it. They did what every single business (and let's not kid ourselves, universities are businesses these days) would do and they ignored it. They ignored it because it wasn't out in the open. When universities stop ignoring it is when these activities present a threat to signing black athletes who rake in millions for the universities. What? You thought this was the first time they sang this song? No. This was the first time they got caught doing it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm a liberal and do not support the expulsion of the idiot racists for being idiot racists (I'm fine with the fraternity being disbanded). ACLU is generally considered liberal and they're already on record defending free speech rights of idiot racists in cases like this. Boren was a democrat in office, but hardly a liberal, and he's the one who decided to expel the students. Maybe you should engage with liberals on this thread who have supported them being expelled instead of swinging at straw men.
    I will engage with anyone I please, and I stand by everything I said about the so-called liberals I have seen. Nothing I wrote addressed you in particular. Maybe you should stop trying to tell other posters what they should say.

  5. #185
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    They didn't accept it. They did what every single business (and let's not kid ourselves, universities are businesses these days) would do and they ignored it. They ignored it because it wasn't out in the open. When universities stop ignoring it is when these activities present a threat to signing black athletes who rake in millions for the universities. What? You thought this was the first time they sang this song? No. This was the first time they got caught doing it.
    You said before:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Given how nonchalantly the students were singing their racist song? Of course they f'n knew. Again, this was ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR for the members. To pretend that at no point the school administration knew of it is like saying Penn State didn't know about Sandusky.
    You say there that it was considered "ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR". Now all of a sudden it wasn't acceptable behavior? Make up your mind.

    By the way, when did the university start referring to the students as "the members"?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #186
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nope, sorry. You said that incidents among local affiliations is clear evidence that the national leadership promotes it. So it's obvious the Obama administration promoted the thievery of the IRS employees spending $50 million in 300 separate instances in a 2 year period. The Obama administration is in charge of the IRS employees. They are hardly "entirely unrelated".
    Lmao, your absurd arguments really are getting to incredible heights. You went from irresponsible spending to thievery in 2 posts. The reality however is that in neither case are the situations comparable because we're discussing various branches within a single organization. We're not discussing individual employees/members within a larger group.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #187
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, your absurd arguments really are getting to incredible heights. You went from irresponsible spending to thievery in 2 posts. The reality however is that in neither case are the situations comparable because we're discussing various branches within a single organization. We're not discussing individual employees/members within a larger group.
    Okay, let's call it irresponsible spending. It's obvious that the Obama administration promotes irresponsible spending. Better?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #188
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You said before:



    You say there that it was considered "ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR". Now all of a sudden it wasn't acceptable behavior? Make up your mind.

    By the way, when did the university start referring to the students as "the members"?
    It was acceptable behavior FOR THE MEMBERS. That does not conflict with the fact that it remained unacceptable OUTSIDE the group. You're just looking to nitpick now.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #189
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It was acceptable behavior FOR THE MEMBERS. That does not conflict with the fact that it remained unacceptable OUTSIDE the group. You're just looking to nitpick now.
    Members of what? University students aren't "members".
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #190
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with frat after racist chant

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Okay, let's call it irresponsible spending. It's obvious that the Obama administration promotes irresponsible spending. Better?
    Lmao, no it isn't better because irresponsible spending can be anything from some executive spending too much on office supplies to buying expensive toilet paper. Again, this discussion centers around entire chapters in different states engaging in activities with the purpose of promoting their racism. That you fail to see the difference really is amazing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •