Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So youre saying Dems are obstructionist?
    yes, that is the political reality the GOP has to deal with over the coming 2 years...no doubt about it.

    all that talk before the mid-tertms about wanting Congress to work together was largely bull****

  2. #12
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,674

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Apparently you slept through the mid-terms.

    Not that they're taking advantage of the ass-whooping they delivered in November.
    1st off it was no where near an 'ass whooping'. But the GOP did win, and that was my point. They need a wake-up call. Until they start to take some serious beatings in the state and local elections nothing will change, they'll continue to be broken.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  3. #13
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    1st off it was no where near an 'ass whooping'. But the GOP did win, and that was my point. They need a wake-up call. Until they start to take some serious beatings in the state and local elections nothing will change, they'll continue to be broken.
    And what will this wake up call sound like? Let me guess: you want them to agree with liberals

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Agreed.

    Congress needs to pay the bills and stop abdicating their Constitutional responsibility to do so by turning everything into an un-winnable proxy war against presidential policies, no matter how ill fated or constitutionally questionable those policies may be.
    Isnt checking the Presidency exactly what congress is supposed to do? How can they do that without passing a law which says he cant do what he wants to do? It sounds like youre saying they should just give the President whatever he wants.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Isnt checking the Presidency exactly what congress is supposed to do? How can they do that without passing a law which says he cant do what he wants to do? It sounds like youre saying they should just give the President whatever he wants.
    What most people would like to see is some rational behaviour on the part of the GOPers. You know, act like grownups and not 5 year old spoiled brats. Stop the automatic NO! and negotiate.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    What most people would like to see is some rational behaviour on the part of the GOPers. You know, act like grownups and not 5 year old spoiled brats. Stop the automatic NO! and negotiate.
    Isnt saying we'll give you everything you want in funding DHS, except this one tiny thing, negotiating? WHat was the Presidents offer? "Give me everything I want?" Where was his negotiating? Why should congress have to negotiate with the President over something he isnt supposed to be doing in the first place?

  7. #17
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Isnt saying we'll give you everything you want in funding DHS, except this one tiny thing, negotiating? WHat was the Presidents offer? "Give me everything I want?" Where was his negotiating? Why should congress have to negotiate with the President over something he isnt supposed to be doing in the first place?
    You call destroying the lives of 4 million people, "one tiny thing"?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    You call destroying the lives of 4 million people, "one tiny thing"?
    Those lives chose to come here. If they dont like our laws, they can leave. I call respecting the law one BIG thing. I notice you didnt answer the question though. What has Obama ever given up?

  9. #19
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Charlie Dent to NYT: We don't have 218 votes to determine a bathroom break

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    If they dont like our laws, they can leave.
    You should say that to the repubs in congress
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •