Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 187

Thread: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’ [W:170]

  1. #41
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    ... Iran thinks that their path to recapturing the glory of Ancient Persia depends more on access to the global economy than on nuclear weapons that will sit in their silos because nobody wants to risk using them. Its not in the interest of the United States to disabuse them of that notion. Aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity capitalists?
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #42
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'm not the one who brought Pakistan into the conversation so you'd be better served by talking to the one who did. (maybe in another thread since this one is about Iran)
    No but you replied enough to ask the question. Right
    Telling me after you made a number of responses to that specific question then telling me to take it to a different thread is what? What do you call that?
    Sharps that should have been stated on your first reply.
    Pakistan is more of a threat than Iran? Yes, no, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    1. Has Pakistan told the world its overarching desire is to wipe Israel off the map?
    2. Pakistan has India to keep an eye on them.
    3. Pakistan isn't run by religious zealots.
    4. Pakistan is our ally.
    5. Which country is a target of terrorists? Pakistan or Iran?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I didn't say Pakistan is a perfect country. I just don't consider it comparable, in terms of being a danger to the Middle East, to Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... Iran thinks that their path to recapturing the glory of Ancient Persia depends more on access to the global economy than on nuclear weapons that will sit in their silos because nobody wants to risk using them. Its not in the interest of the United States to disabuse them of that notion. Aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity capitalists?
    Then why are they trying so hard and spending so much money on nuclear weapons.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #44
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    No but you replied enough to ask the question. Right
    Telling me after you made a number of responses to that specific question then telling me to take it to a different thread is what? What do you call that?
    Sharps that should have been stated on your first reply.
    Pakistan is more of a threat than Iran? Yes, no, maybe?
    Those five points I made are in reference to Somerville's question about Pakistan. Do you dispute any particular point? Do you think the US should be more concerned about Pakistan than Iran? Less concerned? Tell Somerville.

    shrug...

    In any case, like I said to Somerville, I don't think Pakistan is as much of a threat to the Middle East as Iran.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #45
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Then why are they trying so hard and spending so much money on nuclear weapons.
    Due to the fact of the Iarq war for one.
    next would be US invasions.

    Next, read the link.
    A coda to the Cotton letter - The Washington Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #46
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Those five points I made are in reference to Somerville's question about Pakistan. Do you dispute any particular point? Do you think the US should be more concerned about Pakistan than Iran? Less concerned? Tell Somerville.

    shrug...

    In any case, like I said to Somerville, I don't think Pakistan is as much of a threat to the Middle East as Iran.
    Shrug till the cows come home- They, Pakistan are more of a threat than Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Shrug till the cows come home- They, Pakistan are more of a threat than Iran.
    Okay. Your unsupported opinion is noted.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #48
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Then why are they trying so hard and spending so much money on nuclear weapons.
    Why not? Nukes (or the ability to make them) give you heightened diplomatic standing, and Iran has been sanctioned since the 1979 Revolution. Little risk, huge gain.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #49
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Due to the fact of the Iarq war for one.
    next would be US invasions.

    Next, read the link.
    A coda to the Cotton letter - The Washington Post
    I don't see why the Iraq War would bother them that much, after all, we removed one of their biggest threats.

    You are going to have to point out what in that article is significant.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #50
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Obama Says Nuclear Deal Offered to Iran Is ‘Extraordinarily Reasonable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Why not? Nukes (or the ability to make them) give you heightened diplomatic standing, and Iran has been sanctioned since the 1979 Revolution. Little risk, huge gain.
    That doesn't align with the statement you previously made. They don't want to use them, right? They don't care about anything except their capitalistic position, right?

    I think you are just plain wrong. I think they have desires to be politically, militarily and economically dominant in the Middle East...including over Israel. Even if they don't intend to use nuclear weapons directly, they will use them to threaten the region.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 03-10-15 at 10:13 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •