Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

  1. #41
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,485
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    LOL it was not.. the article is utter bull****. Tax collection has been a problem in Greece for hundreds of years. The difference is that, before the state could just print money to make up the difference and let inflation eat away at the debt. They cant do that any more.

    Funny a right winger complaining about a police state..
    Socialist schemes require force. We see Greece entertaining the worst kind of behavior... USSR styled spying on neighbors.

    Tell me... what will that do to a society?

    Conservatives are for Liberty and equality under the law. Weŕe for sane fiscal policy... not Utopian schemes that fail everywhere and cause misery when they implode... which they always do.

    Here we have an example of how Greece has imploded due to socialist idiocy... and you choose to ignore the simple facts. Typical of bitter clingers.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,485
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That is not true in every case. At least in one that I checked out at the time, the German officials negotiating the deal specified what they wanted to have for the money and the bribed person went back and got more detail. I was led to understand that this was the case in other deals, but know so only for one. What is interesting is that the finance officials have no legal mandate to bribe foreigners to steal data and commit industrial espionage. This was different in the first data deal, which was as you say the purchase of a CD by the BND, which does have a legal mandate to do such transactions. The later ones were transacted by domestic clerks, however, who had no legal basis to commission theft in a foreign country. Furthermore, the data purchase would have been totally illegal, had it been commissioned in a domestic bank. The administration is constitutionally not allowed to have access to that type of data.
    Link it please... because I only heard and read about the German State (or states) buying info.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #43
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Socialist schemes require force. We see Greece entertaining the worst kind of behavior... USSR styled spying on neighbors.
    And you are saying that people reporting other people for tax evasion does not happen in the US? That people dont report other people for crimes in the US?

    Conservatives are for Liberty and equality under the law.
    HAHAHAHAHAH you have got to be kidding? So when Conservatives try to stop homosexuals for having equal rights... then they are doing what? So when conservatives try to prevent people of lower economic means and different skin colour to vote.. then that is what kind of liberty? And equality under the law... /wave Ferguson and all the other areas where people of colour are under the jackboot of "conservative" value whites.

    Weŕe for sane fiscal policy... not Utopian schemes that fail everywhere and cause misery when they implode... which they always do.
    Sane fiscal policy.. you mean like under Bush when you had a booming economy and yet never had a budget surplus and let alone pay off any debt that their hero Reagan had built up over 8 years? Or starting 2 wars and borrowing trillions to pay for them?

    Here we have an example of how Greece has imploded due to socialist idiocy... and you choose to ignore the simple facts. Typical of bitter clingers.
    I aint the one ignoring facts.. both economically, socially and historically.. but hey you live in a bubble of ignorance and hatred it seems.
    PeteEU

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Socialism requires force, and when socialism implodes... as it always does (just a matter of time) things get really ugly and as we see evolves to some of the worst aspects of the USSR with not just the state with an iron fist, but with the state employing people to spy on each other.

    Socialism... What a gift.
    Orwell would be proud...and I say this as the son of a Greek immigrant.

  5. #45
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,485
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And you are saying that people reporting other people for tax evasion does not happen in the US? That people dont report other people for crimes in the US?
    Like I stated... the worst of socialism. Greece is looking at it as a national program. That's perverse... but that's socialism for ya.


    HAHAHAHAHAH you have got to be kidding? So when Conservatives try to stop homosexuals for having equal rights... then they are doing what? So when conservatives try to prevent people of lower economic means and different skin colour to vote.. then that is what kind of liberty? And equality under the law... /wave Ferguson and all the other areas where people of colour are under the jackboot of "conservative" value whites.
    I see you have eaten the lies about Ferguson whole... Not surprising.

    We have ID's for everything, but not voting??? That's racist? No.

    The perversion of marriage... an institution between a man and women for ages has been corrupted. The reason... socialist benefits.


    Sane fiscal policy.. you mean like under Bush when you had a booming economy and yet never had a budget surplus and let alone pay off any debt that their hero Reagan had built up over 8 years? Or starting 2 wars and borrowing trillions to pay for them?
    It's nice you admit Bush's tax cuts helped keep the economy rolling.

    I didn't like Bush's spending... but it pales when compared to what Obama has done... and he has caused economic damage with his idiotic anti-growth ideas.

    When it comes to defending the nation... your ignorance is collasal. Clinton, as a typical Leftist... neglected the military, as has Obama. And those wars... voted for by the Left. Of course... their votes were for political expediency, and then they truned on the troops for the same reason. Lower scum you cannot find.

    I aint the one ignoring facts.. both economically, socially and historically.. but hey you live in a bubble of ignorance and hatred it seems.
    You ignore the cause of Greece's decay, and the result is their USSR styled ideas. Socialism fails everywhere... it is only a matter of time.
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-15-15 at 10:57 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,409

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Link it please... because I only heard and read about the German State (or states) buying info.
    I read it all in the German, Swiss and Austrian press, so I do not know what has been written in English. Here in the German Wikipedia article it says that the Swiss have leveled formal accusations against German offucials in court for giving instructions of what to steal and economic/industrial espionage.
    Steuersünder-CD

    Here are any number of press articles many referring to espionage and contracted theft.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Steu...spv=1&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by joG; 03-15-15 at 11:37 AM.

  7. #47
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Like I stated... the worst of socialism. Greece is looking at it as a national program. That's perverse... but that's socialism for ya.
    Not answering the question.. classic avoidance.

    I see you have eaten the lies about Ferguson whole... Not surprising.
    More classic avoidance and denial.. quite common among American conservatives it seems.

    We have ID's for everything, but not voting??? That's racist? No.
    Again ignoring the reality of all such laws and who they hit and why they are actually made.

    The perversion of marriage... an institution between a man and women for ages has been corrupted. The reason... socialist benefits.
    Ahhh so you dont believe in liberty eh? And you certainly dont believe in equality...

    It's nice you admit Bush's tax cuts helped keep the economy rolling.
    Never said anything of the sort.

    I didn't like Bush's spending... but it pales when compared to what Obama has done... and he has caused economic damage with his idiotic anti-growth ideas.
    And yet you never bitched about it and still cant admit it is wrong.

    When it comes to defending the nation... your ignorance is collasal. Clinton, as a typical Leftist... neglected the military, as has Obama. And those wars... voted for by the Left. Of course... their votes were for political expediency, and then they truned on the troops for the same reason. Lower scum you cannot find.
    More passing the buck attitude of the modern American conservative.. anti equality, anti liberty, anti choice and it is never their fault that something goes wrong.

    You ignore the cause of Greece's decay, and the result is their USSR styled ideas. Socialism fails everywhere... it is only a matter of time.
    Do I? What is the cause of Greece's decay?.. let me guess socialism right?
    PeteEU

  8. #48
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Socialism requires force, and when socialism implodes... as it always does (just a matter of time) things get really ugly and as we see evolves to some of the worst aspects of the USSR with not just the state with an iron fist, but with the state employing people to spy on each other.

    Socialism... What a gift.
    You don´t think increased tax revenue have any effect on the countries debt?

  9. #49
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,485
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    You don´t think increased tax revenue have any effect on the countries debt?
    That is the product of a corrupt socialist system that thinks it can buy votes. In the end... someone must pay for the idiocy

    In this instance, and in a short period of time the socialist state is insolvent. The state then turns everyday citizens into a sleazy arm of the state police.

    What a wonderful thing this socialism is. You get the goodies, and in the end the state gets to employ the worst of the USSR.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Greece Proposes Using Tourists as Tax Spies to Fill Shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Socialism requires force, and when socialism implodes... as it always does (just a matter of time) things get really ugly and as we see evolves to some of the worst aspects of the USSR with not just the state with an iron fist, but with the state employing people to spy on each other.

    Socialism... What a gift.
    Hate to tell you but capitalism requires force too.

    Force to protect property. Force to enforce contracts. Etc.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •